Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Since we’ve have practically every thing else: The death penalty!!!

do you support it?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. do you support it?

• Yes.
    • Yes, But only for extremely violent/sick crimes.
    • No.
    • I like hats.

Prisoners should not be subject to permanent harm, for the sake of the wrongly-convicted and the overpunished (drug users). This includes insufficent medical attention, unhealthy diet, boredom to the point of causing insanity, and of course the death penalty.

AndrewB said:
Prisoners should not be subject to permanent harm, for the sake of the wrongly-convicted and the overpunished (drug users). This includes insufficent medical attention, unhealthy diet, boredom to the point of causing insanity, and of course the death penalty.

pretty much somes up my thoughts.
(is that lifted from something?)

Yes, but only for people who did something really terrible. And, there must be a 100% certainty that the person is guilty (DNA research).

AndrewB said:

Prisoners should not be subject to permanent harm (pussy), for the sake of the wrongly-convicted and the overpunished (drug users) (*plays the world's smallest violin for all the poor drug addicts). This includes insufficent medical attention, unhealthy diet, boredom to the point of causing insanity, and of course the death penalty.

Moron.

Anyone who decides to molest a child deserve to be strung up with piano wire by their thumbs, skined alive and doused in alcohol, all while being analy violated by a rabid rodeo-bull infected with AIDS. If you can stand by murderers, rapists and child molesters, you're no better.

Yes, but only in cases where the person being put to death is not suspected but the known criminal, like, not some dude SUSPECTED of murder, instead, a guy who 1) admits 2) has knowledge of the crime 3) has lots of evidence against him, only people like that would be put to death, since there is very little chance of them being wrongfully executed. BTW, I do believe in violent executions, in fact, I think they'd be a better deterent, but frankly, because of the social backlash of that, I wouldn't recommend it. Also, though I'm in favor of the electric chair, I figure the lethal injection is the better way to go, because there is less fear there. Men with fear do crazy things. If they don't want to be cooked, they're going to do their damnedest to not be, however, if they figure "2 needles and it's over", then I think we should just go that route instead.

Ed said:

Anyone who decides to molest a child deserve to be strung up with piano wire by their thumbs, skined alive and doused in alcohol, all while being analy violated by a rabid rodeo-bull infected with AIDS. If you can stand by murderers, rapists and child molesters, you're no better.

What, like you've never been drunk and done something stupid?

No. It cannot be justified given that all legal systems involve a chance of miscarriage of justice.

People who get life really should be locked up for life, but there is no need to kill somebody.

Ichor said:

No I haven't.

Haven't what?

Heh, anyway, I support the death penalty, but only under certain circumstances. If the guy (or girl) butchered an entire family callously and without remorse, then they should most definitely get the death penalty. OTOH, if a person defends himself and somehow manages to kill the person who's attacking him, then he shouldn't get the death penalty, since he was merely defending himself.

It is the possibility miscarriage as well as the irreversability that makes me a protester of death penalty.

Just like Pritch.

Finally I don't think any human should ever be slain with a motive of vengeance. No matter the nature of their crimes. No war should ever be waged for the same reason.

little boy kicked me in the butt last week; I just smiled at him, and turned the other cheek

That aside, any protestations that prisoners need to be treated well will fall on deaf ears so far as I'm concerned.

I somehow don't see the need to feed and clothe a life prisoner if he's just going to die there anyway. Kind of a waste of time and money, don't you think? I DO feel that they should be absolutely positive that the suspect is guilty before they fry his ass, though.

Always wrong.

Disorder said:

Yes, but only for people who did something really terrible. And, there must be a 100% certainty that the person is guilty (DNA research).

There is nothing such as 100% certainty. People frequently get released when found innocent, after having spent several years in prison after being convicted with "100% certainty". DNA research isn't 100% certain. There are plenty of ways for blood samples to be prepared, modified or handled mistakenly.

The punishment must fit the crime.

I am personally all for castration for rapists. Fuckers get off lightly over here, it sickens me.

Trasher][ said:
I am personally all for castration for rapists. Fuckers get off lightly over here, it sickens me.

And this is wrong too for the same reason, one can't be 100% sure about a person's guilt. No penalties should have permanent, irreparable consequences.

I hereby sentence the death penalty to death.

Disorder said:

I second that.

My stance is that prisons should be for rehabilitation, not punishment. So naturaly, I'm against it. The only flaw there is people like Charles Manson who are too fucking nuts to ever show remorse for their crimes.

Its already been said but...
Why clothe and feed some fucker who probably doesn't deserve even to live, they're draining our wallets (or purses). What would you want to happen if some guy killed your parents/siblings/children/friends or partener or all of them together.

I reckon death should be for murderers. Slow deaths for slow murderers/tortures.

Ultraviolet said:

What, like you've never been drunk and done something stupid?

No.

Ed said:

Anyone who decides to molest a child deserve to be strung up with piano wire by their thumbs, skined alive and doused in alcohol, all while being analy violated by a rabid rodeo-bull infected with AIDS.

I dissage. Bubba will have lots of fun with them in jail. Pluse if ya go to jail for that you probably get the shit kicked out of you.

The justice system isn't just there to take revenge. It is an institute dedicated to protect and better both society and crimials.

By killing a criminal you protect society and take revenge in it's name, but you forget the true purpose of justice and punishment.

The purpose of punishment is to teach the subject the difference between right and wrong. By killing the criminal the REAL problem is not solved, since he/ she never got the chance to truly learn from his/ her mistake. Instead of teaching them: "killing and raping are bad" they are taught: "if you get caught, we'll kill you".

Any 'justice' system that allowes the death penalty is clearly too incompetent to handle criminals in a humane and rational way.

In case you're still wondering my answer is NO.

m0l0t0v said:

The purpose of punishment is to teach the subject the difference between right and wrong. By killing the criminal the REAL problem is not solved, since he/ she never got the chance to truly learn from his/ her mistake. Instead of teaching them: "killing and raping are bad" they are taught: "if you get caught, we'll kill you".

And what do you do with the criminals that have confirmed mental illnesses (whether it be psychological or biological)? They may not be able to learn, necessarily.

m0l0t0v said:

I think the main train of thought is to have the death penalty as a deterant, not as a revenge. Think of it as "killing is bad, don't do it or we'll kill you".

Trasher][ said:
I am personally all for castration for rapists.

You see, this is wrong. Because, what if the person turns out to be innocent? How do you propose they reattach them? How can you possibly compensate?

No permanent damage of any kind to prisoners.