The Mat-tricks reloaded.

The Matrix reloaded Excited?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. The Matrix reloaded Excited?

• Hell yes
    • a bit
    • no
    • Wha?

I've had my fill. It's more or less a Philip K. Dick novel premasticated for the viewing public.

Critics say that it Matrix 2 is to the original what M:I2 was to the original.

Heck no.

Ubik said:

I've had my fill. It's more or less a Philip K. Dick novel premasticated for the viewing public.

Well said. Philip was really cool.

AndrewB said:

Critics are stupid.

If it promises to be 4 times as good as the original, I may consider it.

Well, I really liked the original Maxtrix, so I hope that the sequel will be as good, if not better, than the original.

If you take the comic The Invisibles and remove all the really cool shit and make it into a movie, then you've got the Matrix.

Yeah, quite excited. I'm nowhere near being in full fanboy counting down days mode though.

Man, I read a review the other day, I can't believe Trinity dies and Morpheus is really an agent!!

[Gomer Pyle voice]Suprise suprise suprise!![/Gomer Pyle voice]

If it's less than half as boring as the first one, I might consider checking out what the poster looks like.

Lüt said:

If it promises to be 4 times as good as the original, I may consider it.

Most moive sequles suck. I dont think it will be better then the fist one.

Got me pretty excited, in the "I'll get stoned as fuck, watch it in the movie theater and have a fucking heart attack" sense of the word. I'm not going to call it a masterpiece or a revolution or anything, but I do intend on just enjoying the movie - and I'm sure I will.

Linguica said:

Man, I read a review the other day, I can't believe Trinity dies and Morpheus is really an agent!!

Yay. Now I don't have to see it.

Man, you guys are all such poopy heads. It's gonna rock!

Lord FlatHead said:

I'm not going to call it a masterpiece or a revolution or anything, but I do intend on just enjoying the movie - and I'm sure I will.

My thoughts exactly. I really liked the first one as an action movie, but I got really annoyed when people hyped it up as some kind if philosophical masterpiece.

The first movie took glamourised murder to a new level of slickness, and I have no doubt the second one will follow suit. I have a feeling it's going to be more like a comic book than X2 was.

AndrewB said:

Heck no.

Who gives a shit what critics think? Critics thought Titanic was an original masterpiece.

I'll wait until Matrix 2 is out on video. X2 however, will be something I will see in the theater maybe this weekend.

Psyonisis said:

Who gives a sign what critics think? Critics thought Titanic was an original masterpiece.

At this stage, 9 days before theatrical release, who else can you trust? It'll be a couple of weeks before we can rely on good ol' IMDB.

Ubik said:

Dingus Khan said:

If you take the comic The Invisibles and remove all the really cool shit and make it into a movie, then you've got the Matrix.

these two basically sum it all up. see, ubik, the two brothers (whose names i can't remember) who are making this series mentioned in an interview that the (fantastic) comic book The Invisibles was a big influence. the writer of this comic, grant morrison, was pretty pissed off about what he considered clear theft of his work, which consists mainly of (tell me if this sounds familiar) cool-as-fuck insane action plus philip k. dick style metaphysical sf. i think it's highly likely that the phil-sounding things in the movies are actually due to that comic.

If someone were to ever make a movie out of The Invisibles and do it properly, then the Matrix and all its sequels would suck its cock eternally. The problem is if anyone ever does make a movie of that comic then the viewers will all be saying it's just a rip-off of the Matrix when really it's the other way around. The Matrix will be rad i think, because it is ripping off something extremely fucking cool.

Speaking of making comics into movies...I wonder if anyone will ever consider Johnen Vasquez.