Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Unimaginative fads.

"Bling bling." A catchphrase that was coined by some rap artist in 1999, yet I heard it for the first time in a news article last week. Something about "bling bling" being put in the OXFORD DICTIONARY. Can you say "not a word"?

"Blogs." An abbreviation for b-logs or something like that. Basically online diaries hosted on some collective site. Lets you rant about all the stuff that happens to you in life so that millions of people won't read it and won't care even if they did.

The blogs challenge the "pet rock" fad for most unimaginitive and non-innovative craze ever.

just goes to show how much civilation has evolved.....meh

And is there a problem if fads are unimaginative? And besides... if you aren't going to follow them, why would you care?

EllipsusD said:

And is there a problem if fads are unimaginative? And besides... if you aren't going to follow them, why would you care?

Did I say there was a problem? Do you have a problem with my observations?

Did I ever say "Unimaginitive fads like these are stupid, therefore I wish that they would all go away and anyone who participates in them should spontaneously combust"? No, I did not.

Disorder said:

Rapmusic must be exterminated.

Not rap, just the current rappers.

Also, I like cheese.

/me wonders if liking cheese is a current fad or not

(IR) stickers (or whatever your nationalitie's abbreviation may be), rock-rap, cat-in-the-hat hats, pop-punk, lava lamps, the 1993-7 re-hippyisation of young americans which has now slithered it's way into Europe and Asia (throw another peace sign, unimaginative pussies), Coffee can mufflers

"Blogs." An abbreviation for b-logs or something like that. Basically online diaries hosted on some collective site. Lets you rant about all the stuff that happens to you in life so that millions of people won't read it and won't care even if they did.

I guess you never realized that writing off emotions and thoughts, even those of everyday life, is a great way for many to work to develop their consciousness. The same as writing a diary, but with the additional satisfaction of knowing that you're making your words heard to the whole world. Now, does it really matter that no one reads these blogs? No, and they're not harming anyone either.

What's with all those kids wearing plastic-mesh-backing trucker hats these days? Retarded.

Here in Cumbria a new sayings just come out of nowhere.
'Diven't beal' Meaning 'don't bawl.' Is this the type of unimaginable fad your talking about. Like, new dialects being made up?
How about ass-tight jeans on football fans?

AndrewB said:
Did I say there was a problem? Do you have a problem with my observations?

Did I ever say "Unimaginitive fads like these are stupid, therefore I wish that they would all go away and anyone who participates in them should spontaneously combust"? No, I did not.

Your entire post puts off the impression that you are complaining about this. Let's take a look, shall we?

AndrewB said:
"Bling bling." A catchphrase that was coined by some rap artist in 1999, yet I heard it for the first time in a news article last week. Something about "bling bling" being put in the OXFORD DICTIONARY. Can you say "not a word"?

The blogs challenge the "pet rock" fad for most unimaginitive and non-innovative craze ever.

The parts in bold prove your stance on the situation. This is not just some simple observation, it's opinionated, and you clearly don't agree with the two things you pointed out. Mind you, this is enough of a disagreance for you to make a new post about it. You clearly aren't fine with the situation or you would have kept quiet, therefor you must have a problem with it on some level. Having a problem with it does not mean you are vehemently opposed to it.

Second of all, you need to calm down. What I said was very simple. I asked you if it was wrong for fads to be unimaginative? It's a harmless question, you don't need to get so defensive about it. Second part of what I said: if it doesn't concern you then why does it bother you. You should learn to let people do their own thing and not concern yourself with them. Is that in any way accusing you of wishing death upon anyone who follows these fads? No, it doesn't. Now do us all a favor and thing about things before you respond, and spot making yourself look like an idiot.

/me begins to wonder if wanking is considered an unimaginative fad

I wish to heck these motherfreaking basterges running this freaking country would go pull their heads out of their behinds and treat the American people correctly!

__ _ ______ ___ _____ ________ ____. _ _ ____ ____ ___ ______ _______ __ ___ ________. ____ _______ _____ __ ________ ___ ________ _____ __ __ _______ _____ ___ _. ________ _____ ____ _______ __ _______ .________ _____ _____ _ _______ __ _______ ________ _____. __ _____ ________ _ ____ ___ _____ ________ _ ___. _______ ______ ____ ________ _______. ___ ______ _ ______ ____ _ ________ ________ _____ _ ______ _. _ __ _ _____ ___. ________ _____ __ ________ _____ __ ______ ________ ________.