• The Missing
    • Satyricon
    • Static-X
    • Megadeth
    • Nine Inch Nails
    • Mudvayne
    • Kylie Minogue
    • Julian Hope

This instrumental song by Kittie called Immortal sounds very much like the music from Monster Condo map 27.

The Hip Hop/Industrial crew Techno Animal.

Besides Kittie is one of the few Nu-metal bands with any integrity.

Gokuma said:

This instrumental song by Kittie called Immortal sounds very much like the music from Monster Condo map 27.

Then they be big Pantera fans / have completey ripped Pantera off, seeing as the map18/27 music is basically a midi version of Pantera's "This Love" :)

Since the only ones of these I've heard are Megadeath and Nine Inch Nails, I'm not going to vote. I've heard both of the aforementioned sound halfway decent in Doom. Personally, I think the best Doom music is that composed for megawads (the music from Requiem, and the new tracks in Evilution come to mind). I thought the original Doom/Doom 2 soundtrack was fairly unimpressive, with just a few exceptions.

TeamKill said:

Uhh, imo, none of these. I'd like to see Christopher Lawrence, George Acosta, or DJ Brian do a sountrack for Doom.

Those dudes are trance/electronica. I cannot picture trance going in synchronization with a hellish game like doom.

BTW, why isn't Alice in Chains in there? After all, 4 of their songs were borrowed in the original doom.

I think for me Cannibal Corpse, Six feet under, and Cradle of Filth would fit best because Cannibal and Six Feet Under are death metal. And hell Cradle is all about satanic stuff, and if you ever played Doom while listening to either one of these bands you play a hell of a lot more crazier.

I tried to pick out bands that people wouldn't normally think of for Doom. Bands that also fit the theme of Doom too, underground bands also.

I play SYL, :wumpscut:, and Pantera, or anything that catches my fancy or mood.

Believe or not quite a lot of drum 'n' bass music fits Doom pretty well :)

Gau666 said:

I tried to pick out bands that people wouldn't normally think of for Doom.

Actually, NIN is one of the first bands that would come to my mind, since I've heard NIN music used quite a bit in .wads. Not quite as frequently as Metallica though, I don't think. For some reason Nirvana seems popular in pwads also, I have no idea why since I don't think Nirvana really fits Doom at all. Popularity, I guess.

doomedout said:

Those dudes are trance/electronica. I cannot picture trance going in synchronization with a hellish game like doom.

Yes, I know they're electronica. I happen to see where it could fit, but then again, that's me.

NiGHTMARE said:

Believe or not quite a lot of drum 'n' bass music fits Doom pretty well :)

I second that. Anything with a fast beat is really good in DooM, as it's a fast paced game. (applies to other forms of dance/urban, as well as punk and metal)

doomedout said:

See above. It's not the environment, it's the gameplay that brings out the best in music (well, with external music anyway. With midi/mod tunes, atmosphere comes into it more).

sence i think mudvayne sucks i didnt select them. all the others i have not heard much of to decide. i choose NIN cause they are the only ones i have listened to extensivly, but i am sure one of the others would be better

Well I know NIN is a well known band but at the time it was the first thing that popped into my head. As for the other ones they are very fast paced drum and bass songs by them, especially Cradle, Satyricon, And Six feet under

We already had this thread elsewhere. But I'll emphasize Rudimentary Peni again, as well as the fact that half the music from DOOM is already basically covers of Metallica, Pantera, Slayer and the like.

Gau666 said:

Well I know NIN is a well known band but at the time it was the first thing that popped into my head. As for the other ones they are very fast paced drum and bass songs by them, especially Cradle, Satyricon, And Six feet under

i love me some satyricon, the album nemesis divina at least, and you'll have to tell me what the fuck they've done that's drum & bass. they black metal, man.

Liam the Bard said:

i love me some satyricon, the album nemesis divina at least, and you'll have to tell me what the fuck they've done that's drum & bass. they black metal, man.

I have one word for you "Volcano"

Superjoint Ritual works for me. It's not spooky or something like that, but it gives you adrenaline. It makes killing Demons a sport.