Find results in...
Rubilacxe

LOL vs Haha

LOL or Haha  

49 members have voted

1. 1. LOL or Haha

• LOL/ROFL/ROFLMAO
    • Haha/hehe/hoho/heh/ha

I use neither. I use "Heh". It's all I'll ever need. Besides, using "LOL" and it's variants makes you seem stupid, while "haha" seems somewhat pointed and pert in nature.

Hmm. I voted Haha/Heh etc. I do use ROFL/ROFLMAO on occasion but I absulutely REFUSE to type "LOL" in context. It just feels so... newbie-aol-omglol-kekekkeke-^___^. If you get my meaning.

I never have and never will seriously use LOL in any conversation.

Heh is just the typed equivalent of saying erm - meaningless noise.

BTW, has anyone every actually ROFLed? I mean, physically rolled around on the floor while laughing? I vaguely recall doing so once (when I was fairly drunk - thus the vagueness) while a friend was making a prank call (a harmless one, I should add).

Teh Anomalus said:
Roofle cakes

I think the days of the standard English word "rueful" are numbered.

Rubilacxe said:

who invented LOL and ROFL and all of those things anyway?

The world may never know.

But most likely some chat-happy kids who couldn't use a keyboard quick enough, or didn't want parents to know what they were saying.

Rubilacxe said:

who invented LOL and ROFL and all of those things anyway?

Some of these date back to the early days of the 'net, before the WWW had taken hold. I think the main ones from that era were: OTOH, LOL, BTW, IMHO, IMO, IMNSHO, ROFL and PMJI. Personally, I find those pretty much acceptable and just a part of Internet life, especially the ones that are useful shorthand for some flame-avoiding pleasantry.

Here is the oldest USENET post I can find featuring ROFL.

And this one for LOL in its current meaning. It is a fairly interesting document, if you're into this kind of crap. Check out those 1980s smileys. ]:>

LOL appeared to mean Little Old Lady before it took on its current meaning.

Heh, someone needs to write a definite history of the Internet, LOL.

'Heh' is all you ever need, online or offline. 'Heh' is the only one that you can use in a real conversation so that the only ones who look at you funny are other geek-types.

IMJack said:

'Heh' is all you ever need, online or offline. 'Heh' is the only one that you can use in a real conversation so that the only ones who look at you funny are other geek-types.

"Heh" is a one-word statement akin to "yup" or "uh-huh" in a Texas-style conversation.

Source: King of the Hill (created by Mike Judge)

DOOM Anomaly said:

horizontially generous people

Isn't that the politicaly correct for 'sluts'?

Job said:

"Heh" is a one-word statement akin to "yup" or "uh-huh" in a Texas-style conversation.

Woot, and I'm Texan! Uh, ya'll.

ditto

haha and no we don't ride horses everywhere, wear cowboy clothes, and we don't all live on farms ;)

I've said 'heh' and 'meh all the time, ever since I was a little kid. I don't think its either a Texas thing or an internet thing.

Ct_red_pants said:

Comes out as "low-low-low-low-low".

And saying it fast too. Heheh.