Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StRiKeR

Are you addicted to forums.....

I have turned into a regular on the DOOMWORLD,NEWDOOM, and SERIOUS SAM forums. At first I though they were stupid, but I should know you can't judge a book by it's cover! I now check them all the time for new topics and replys. I wait anxiously for a new post or topic. I am SERIOUSLY addicted to the doomWORLD of my NEWdoom hobby! The question is....How many of you are addicted? I know I am, and will be for a long time...

Yes I am. Every morning, before going to school I turn on the computer to post a few messages. Same goes for late at night. I just can't go to bed without checking for some new Doom³ info.

"My name is Disorder, I am 21 years old and I am addicted to the forums."

Disorder said:

LMFAO,lololol. That's a classic man....

"My name is StRiKeR, I am 19, and I am addicted to e-crack. E-crack would be the Forums....."

StRiKeR said:

I have turned into a regular on the DOOMWORLD,NEWDOOM, and SERIOUS SAM forums. At first I though they were stupid, but I should know you can't judge a book by it's cover!

I know almost nothing about NewDoom or their forums, but I agree that you can't judge by their cover. It's hard to tell, but I get the impression that much of the contempt for NewDoom is based on a couple minor cover-impressions, such as the behavior patterns of the founder, whatshisname, and the strict policies surrounding their hosted sites.

I've only seen the NewDoom forums a few times, but they seemed much more straight-forward, and less obsessed with constantly being silly, witty, and popular. To put it in understandable terms, and again, based on just a handful of visits to their forums, here is the impression I get.

DW Forums is like a high school environment, ND Forums is more like a college environment.

Yeah I totally agree. The DOOMWORLD Forums have people that have a sense of humor, as well as a sense of commitment.

I get the impression that DW is by far the better place for those who take Doom seriously. I mean, ND didn't even have a Classic Doom forum until a few days ago.

How come this clown already gets a title? Oh wait I think I answered my own question.

AndrewB said:

DW Forums is like a high school environment, ND Forums is more like a college environment.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you must be looking at some other newdoom forums. that or in canadia 'college' actually means 'elementary school'

I do not find reflected humor in you ignoring my "based on just a handful of visits," "the impression I get," and "I get the impression" comments.

At first, yes, I was, as you could have seen. But now I learn to shift some of that time spent due to an addiction to other things, like Sonic. :D

StRiKeR said:

Are you addicted to forums.....

No.

* hides postcount

I'd say all of you are addicted.

These are some tarded forums.

Although there is no way newdoom is more intelligent.

What are you, canardian?

Desperate, deranged,
Talking in my sleep again,
Eyes twitch, retain,
A sentimental something.

I just started the forums on DoomWorld 3 days ago, and i already have 30 posts, so yeah you could say im addicted so far.

AndrewB said:

More like kindergarten environment.

I'm addicted and need help!

(please no selfhelpgroup on the internet)

Dark Fox said:

Furry Forum #1, Furry Forum #2, SomethingAwful forums, and DW

Heh, a furry browses the SA forums? I take it you can tolerate their hatred of furries then :P

More mature or not, newdoom sucks for actual doom discussions.

And yep, I guess I am somewhat addicted to this forum and to a lesser extent the diabloii.net forums.

Heh, Newdoom more mature... my ass. Let's see...

http://forums.newdoom.com/UBB/Forum3/HTML/003662.html

http://forums.newdoom.com/UBB/Forum3/HTML/002978.html

Fucking lame word-games. Do they not have anything better to do?

http://forums.newdoom.com/UBB/Forum3/HTML/003777.html

OMG WHAT <insertrandomthinghere> ARE YOU LOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://forums.newdoom.com/UBB/Forum3/HTML/003757.html

loloolololololololooololol neopets lolololol fucking lame

I could go on but I feel that, by visiting Newdoom, i have been somehow, infected... it is repulsive!

Disorder said:

haha can't you just see us all in a group circle and Disorder stand up and says that and we all reply in a monotone voice "hi disorder"? hehe

and yeah I probably am addicted now...dammit and I was so close to breaking it whenever I left randomly! ;)

So there's "addiction to forums" but apparently nothing called "addiction to hanging out with people in real life". Pfft.

Fredrik said:

So there's "addiction to forums" but apparently nothing called "addiction to hanging out with people in real life". Pfft.

That's a good point.

Fredrik said:

Well sociopath is the opposite, so "sociophile"?