Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Musical Instruments

Just out of curiosity, how many of you Doomers are good (or above average) with a musical instrument (or instruments, as the case may be), and what instrument (or instruments) are you good or above average with?
Myself, I'm fairly decent with the drums. My Music Appreciation teacher even told me so back in 12th grade. He told me after a five minute stint on the drums that he thought I was actually quite good. Suprising, since it was my first ever time on a drum set. :)

I play a few. I use to play Alto Saxaphone for my school's band, then quit because it got stupid (the band that is).

I tought myself how to play keyboard, and am currently in the process of getting better at guitar. If my friend hadn't broken my strings I'd still be practicing >:E

Assmaster said:

Soprano recorder.

Heh, I remember those things from 5th grade music class.

I played piano for a few years (I could play Beethoven's "Fur Elise" in 5th or 6th grade), had a short stint with the french horn during 5th-6th grade, then started drums/percussion during 7th grade. I haven't played any live instruments for a long time, since getting my MIDI-compatible keyboard and other programming/production equipment :D If anything, I'd like to re-learn piano - I can barely play Jingle Bells these days.

Guitar, Voice, Drums (a little), Piano (a very little) and, of course, Computer.

I've become pretty proficient at the flute, I'm learning guitar, and I can sing relatively well.

Heh, I should mention that I can, like a few of you others, also sing pretty decent.

keys, guitar, voice, and, most importantly, the SOFTWARE.

Guitar (pretty good), piano/keyboard/organ (pretty good, though I haven't played it in a while), voice (decent), drums (poor), computer (pretty good). Thanks to my guitar skills, I can also pick up a mandolin or ukulele and play it decently. I used to play the violin too, but that was long ago and I've lost all that skill.

Fredrik said:

Any Instrument (perfect).

How come I have to fix your own posts?

The Merovingian said:

How come I have to fix your own posts?

I don't play any instrument perfectly :P

Those I didn't put "pretty good" behind are those I'd seriously need to practice.

I played the clarinet from 4th to 6th grade. I still remember the clarinet piece from "March Militare" or whatever it's actually called. The school had a tendency to rename songs to their liking.

Now I just play around with my keyboard or a midi-composing program on here.

I must be able to sing as I do it absent mindedly all the time and never get slagged for it but for some reason I get all em bare assed if Im asked to sing, shyness takes over and I just cant do it.

Kuberr answered with a lot of modesty there. I happen to know he is a very talented young musician and singer, anyone who doubts it should pester him for some of his own mp3's, Im not into the type of stuff he does but he really does it well. Expect to see him and his band make it big one day, I have no doubts about it.

I tried to learn to play the guitar out of curiousity... but, due to my fingers being rather short (small hands in general), I can't weild a normal one very well =\. I played semi-decent, for not being able to reach some strings to hold down.

I can't play well myself, but I can dissect music well x_o;. I'm not tone deaf!

I play the trombone pretty well. I'm in the county jazz band. I play drums but I'm teaching myself so I'm not the best around, but I don't suck =] I also sort of play piano, I suck at site reading because I'm so used to just playing around or coming up with my own little melodies.

EDIT: And computer pretty well

I can play tenor sax rather well, I'd say. I bought myself a 1934 vintage Martin sax for that end. I also play accordion -- it's a 120 bass and pretty tough to play. It requires a lot of arm strength, coordination and finger dexterity.

I can play any keyed instrument pretty well, but not spectacular. Guitar and drums I'd like to try but have never gotten around to.

Guitar, bass, vocals, drum machine heh. Mixing and all that crap.

Q : What kind of person hangs out with a musician?
A : A drummer.

Ba-dum-ching . . . eh . .

I play the Drums, I've been playing for around 5 years now. i also Like to play around with my synth ive been into making electronic music for around 2 years now.

The flute is a pansie instrument. All woodwinds are pansie instruments. You pansies.

Ralphis said:

The flute is a pansie instrument. All woodwinds are pansie instruments. You pansies.

Look who's talking ;)

I can play guitar fairly OK I guess, and the drums, well, sort of good. Playing guitar means I could probably learn the bass fairly quickly.

Yeah well Ralphis obviously has strange fantasies where musical instruments fight each other or go looking for sexual partners or something.

Q What do you call a Drummer without a girlfriend?

A Homeless

Ralphis said:

DON'T DIS THE CLARINET!