Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Just refound this

Are any of the WADs on the CD from 3darchives.in-span.net?

I had D!ZONE Special Collector's Edition, Master Levels, The Doom Game Editor CD-ROM which came with assloads of utils / levels and that's about it.

No, I don't have that one. The only Doom CDs I've got (apart from the id-released products) are:

Doom Companion Edition
Tricks of the Doom Gurus
D-1000

I have Tricks of the Doom Gurus, 3D Game Alchemy, and a couple of CDs (D!Zone 2 and Demon's Gate I think).

I've never seen it. The only similar type of thing i have is this gamers companion by super oz software (the cs with the terminator hippo on front).

fodders said:

No idea, this is a list of wads on cd though, most seem very early 1994.

Those January 1994 dates are not the genuine dates of creation, of course.

Does it really just have the WAD files and not the accompanying TXT files? :( Or was that a search for *.WAD ?

I think i remember seeing that in zellers a long time ago I was gunna buy it but i was just a lil basrad and had like 50 cents for candy on me.

Grazza said:

Those January 1994 dates are not the genuine dates of creation, of course.

Does it really just have the WAD files and not the accompanying TXT files? :( Or was that a search for *.WAD ?

Yehwas just a quick search for wads > file. I may trawl it and collect all the txt files in case someone wants one of the wads.

EDIT : Txt files
A util on it looks interesting,DM1toDM2.EXE,

Converts Single/Multi-Level 'DOOM I' PWADs
and changes all MAPs, MUSIC, WALL Textures,
and Graphic PATCHES quickly to 'DOOM II'.

There's a better program for that called dm2conv.exe. Doom2Convert is not only great for converting doom1, 2 and Heretic levels from one format to the other, you can modify the .cfg file so it changes the files from a doom2 wad to a doom2 wad. That way if you want to change all of a certain kind of texture in your level to another one, it only takes a second. Ofcourse it also does doom1 to doom1 and heretic to heretic. It's come in handy a few times for converting a bunch of flats adn textures to something else with zero work. :)

DarkWolf said:

I have Hank Leukart's book and CD.

Me too. It's called "The Doom Hackers Guide" and I bought it about 7 years ago. It was my first introduction into the world of level editing. Which turned out to be a very time-consuming, but fun, hobby.

I still use the copy of NWT that came on that CD. It was a good book for its time. The only section that was lacking was the codepointer section of the dehacked chapter.

I have that Hank Leukart's book too, its been under my mousemat for years now. It was a great help to me in the early days, struggling with DEU.

Heh, I still use NWT sometimes, that is a great little util.

Directory of E:\MIXED\GOAT

26/07/1994 15:46 177,925 GOAT.WAD
1 File(s) 177,925 bytes

^^^^
send me this one fods lol