Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

What are your feelings on the following :

Guys (and gals), please just state your opinion and don't flame other's opinions, because they are just OPINIONS. Now, on to my opinions...

Gun control - my opinion is that guns do need to be controlled slightly. I think people should have to take at least a 2 hour safety course in order to own guns and it should be made so that you must have a trigger lock on your guns. It should also be illegal to make your weapons and ammunition accessible to your children (endangering the welfare of a child).

Abortion - I'm all for it. It should be a woman's right to choose.

Death penalty - personally, I think it's good. Though this may seem wrong, I would support more "brutal" acts of exectution, such as hanging, firing squad, torture, beheading and so on, though it will never happen, I feel that if those were some punishments, people would be less likely to commit crimes.

So, what are your feelings on all that stuff?

Gun control: Sure

Abortion : If someone's dumb enough to get pregnant, she knew the chances before hand. A child shouldn't die for someone's stupid decision. If you put a gun to your head and pulled the trigger, you know it might be loaded. Only women/girls who've been raped, or when pregnancy would be a life threatening circumstance, should abortion be an option.

Death penalty: No. Solitary confinement with mind torture. Its much worse. A stobe light flashing for weeks on end 24 hr a day would be, in my mind much worse than death. Or having to listen to Justin Timberlake all day. Something like that.

The problem with death penalty is that the system is not efficient enough: you DO end up killing innocents.

Gun control: Absolutely, Criminal record = ban, mental health problems = ban

Abortion: Pro choice. Don't punish the victim twice for rape. Don't punish a child with parents who don't want it.

Death penalty: Nope, justice isn't flawless which is why they abandoned it in the UK (hanged a few too many innocent people)

as far as guns go, you should be able to own them, just not carry them without being properly contained. Anyone walking around town carrying a gun is asking for trouble. Exceptions would be for hunting and possilby alien invasion of course.

Abortion:
It should be the mother's choice. A child shouldn't be brought into a world where it isn't wanted, or isn't able to be taken care of. Also, we are in a world that is trying to deal with overcrowding, it may not seem like it to some people, but those people have no fucking clue what is really happening in the world. not that anyone sees the whole picture, just that people think their life is tough because they get fired for a job or live on the streets. maybe they should go to a country where the people would love to trade lives with them. The last thing we need is another ignorant kid being born.
The people fighting against abortion should realize that they should be trying to make a place where the kids can go so they will have at least a more better chance of having a normal life.

Death penelty: The only problem is that there are still doubts on wether some people are really guilty or innocent. I think that people who did a bad enough crime, should be dead. We certainly don't live in a world that can affored to give them a second chance. And having a few less people taking up space in prison would free up some money. besides, what does it matter if they stay in a room until they die compared to being killed right away.
But then again, if people hit the bottom, they won't mind risking their lifes to do something that warrents a death penelty, they have nothing to lose anyway.
torture would be inhumane, but a more effective way to treat prisoners, but it would cost more money to do this. and it would suck to get tortured if you were innocent. so would getting killed, but just the morale of it.

these would be american stabdpoints then, because the majority of countries have their guns under control

abortion: it's not always a matter of stupidity, simple misinformation or a faulty product, and personally I don't think it's right to bring something into the world that you will always see as a burden or an accident.

death penalty: indifferent really, mostly against it because it costs more money to give someone the death penalty then it does to send them to jail for life (thanks to court appeals etc)

A strobe light and/or anoying music couldn't cost that much could it? Bring back frontal lobotomies! And no, there still would be innocent people being tortured in said manners, but they'd be in jail either way. Might as well enjoy it, er. .

Cyb said:

these would be american stabdpoints then, because the majority of countries have their guns under control

abortion: it's not always a matter of stupidity, simple misinformation or a faulty product, and personally I don't think it's right to bring something into the world that you will always see as a burden or an accident. .

So its better to deny them a chance to live anyway? There's always adoption. And the said stupid decision is having sex in the first place not whether or not the product was faulty etc. Anyone who does is playing with fire, and a child shouldnt have to pay for the consequences of someone else's stupid decision with its life. A responsible person should have the decency to cope and accept the consequences for the decisions they've made. Lives should not be disposable.

Oh yeah, and torture would cost less than the cable tv and gym equiptment.

Phew, when I saw the title I thought this was going to be about something controversial. :p

Abortion:
Yes, this is a woman's right.

Death penalty:
In principle I'm sort of against it. I'd be somewhat flexible on that where there are issues of national security though.

Gun control:
In favour, as long as there are adequate measures taken to stop criminals owning guns too. (It's a bit silly if the bad guys are the only ones with guns.)

Gun Control: Dont see why not.

Abortion: Pro-choice. But, it is not just up to the woman to decide.

Death Penalty: Im really not sure.

Gun Control: Outlaw handguns all together. We as a species aren't far enough along to handle the responsability. Scare Fact: More than 50% of police who are shot are shot with their own weapon. Yikes.

Abortion: It comes down to responsability. People should be held accountable for their actions. Realistically life isn't worth much in the face of conveinience. It also helps with that pesky over-crowding problem. No a much better question is "Why should a woman have the right to abortion if men don't have the right to decide not to pay child support?" Why does one side get a choice and the other doesn't? She has the right to kill the child or give it up for adoption, no less than two ways out of her responsability. Men get none.

Capital Punishment: Too many innocent people get killed that way. Didn't they just recently decide in Texas that maybe it's not a good idea to execute minors and the mentally retarded? I do on the other hand think that people like rapists, if you are 10000000% sure they have the right person and that it was infact rape, they should be paralysed from the waist down. For blatant murder they should paralyze them from the neck down. Make their body their prison. I make an exception for people who make a run from the cops in their car. When caught they should be executed right then and there. oooh pedophiles too, three bullets in the head and you know they're dead.

Gun control: Heavily restrict if not ban
Abortion: Only if the mother is in mortal danger during birth and otherwise no
Death Penalty: Only under certain conditions

Gun Control: I want my gun dammit.
Abortion: If the mom doesnt want their kid they can give it to some foster parent.
Death Penalty: No! Just send the motherfucker to life in prison.

Gun control - give everyone nukes instead of guns, and that way everyone will be afraid to use them, thus ensuring would peace. If it's good enough for world powers, it's good enough for you.

Abortion - Abortion from conception to the age of sixteen years old. Kids should be terminated with extreme predudice at the first sign of Doomboyism.

Death penalty - I am more in favour of a Death Season. Anyone who passes the mandatory yearly IQ test in the darknation state would be safe for another year.

Gun control: Anyone required to employ a homicidal instrument for any reason needs to be monitored and easily identifiable.

Abortion: She decides. The choice to abort is ugly enough as it is. It gets even worse if you're under social pressure from a bunch of assholes and have to resort to illegal means to do it, which can be quite unhealthy. And really, life can get lame enough already to add having to make a woman bear an unloved child (for whom?) and to be carried in the womb and then dropped into this cruel world unwanted even by your own mother.

Death Penalty: Power is pretty much in the hands of murderers already; I'm not about to give them even greater freedom of abuse.

Rellik said:
No a much better question is "Why should a woman have the right to abortion if men don't have the right to decide not to pay child support?" Why does one side get a choice and the other doesn't? She has the right to kill the child or give it up for adoption, no less than two ways out of her responsability. Men get none.

Why would you say something like this; are you being forced to pay child support for the child of that hot chick in Hanson?

darknation said:

Gun control - give everyone nukes instead of guns, and that way everyone will be afraid to use them, thus ensuring would peace.

I'd use mine.

Rellik said:
No a much better question is "Why should a woman have the right to abortion if men don't have the right to decide not to pay child support?" Why does one side get a choice and the other doesn't? She has the right to kill the child or give it up for adoption, no less than two ways out of her responsability. Men get none.

If both parents agree that the father doesnt have to pay child support, then the father doesnt have to pay. I think it should be the same for abortion.

Scabbed Angel said:

Gun control: Sure

Abortion : If someone's dumb enough to get pregnant, she knew the chances before hand. A child shouldn't die for someone's stupid decision. If you put a gun to your head and pulled the trigger, you know it might be loaded. Only women/girls who've been raped, or when pregnancy would be a life threatening circumstance, should abortion be an option.

Death penalty: No. Solitary confinement with mind torture. Its much worse. A stobe light flashing for weeks on end 24 hr a day would be, in my mind much worse than death. Or having to listen to Justin Timberlake all day. Something like that.

Agreed

darknation said:

Gun control - give everyone nukes instead of guns, and that way everyone will be afraid to use them, thus ensuring would peace. If it's good enough for world powers, it's good enough for you.

until a suicide killing spree kills everyone on earth instead of a small population.
but I am sure I missed the real meaning behind what you said. stupid world powers.

Gun Control: The classical phrase "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" applies. Guns should be locked in a cabinet with dual safety, combination along with a key entry and along with trigger locks. From the looks of some of the people I've seen here on DoomWorld I wouldn't trust any of you psycho's with a gun! You're lucky you get to kill things in Doom...ha!

Abortion: No way! From the dysfunctional stories and lives I've seen and heard here on DoomWorld if we go along with the so-called "Pro-Choice" attitude here on this forum then 90% of you should've been aborted at conception! And saying it's the woman's fault if she gets pregnant is a cop out you losers! You took on the responsibility of sticking your dick in her and you knew what the consequences would be or could be, it's as much as her fault as it is yours! Anyway, with HIV all over the place and if I was playing the field I'd take out stock on condoms. After looking at some of the pictures of you "Doomers" and if I was a girl and I saw you coming at me with your dick in hand I'd cauterize my crotch closed forever and scream rape!

Death Penalty: Touchy one because of the fallibilty of our justice system to properly identify and convict the proper person who committed the crime, DNA testing has been showing the fallibility of this so-called justice system...hrumph! If the person committed murder or some other heinous crime and it is proved beyond the shadow of any doubt that this person did it then either fry them, shoot them, gas them or lethal inject them...end of story.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Gun Control: There should be some.

Abortion: As long as it doesn't feel pain, really, how is killing a human embryo any different than killing a mosquito? Oh yeah, because it's human and we are dominant! Anyway, it should be legal for the first 9-12 weeks.

Death penalty: For the sake of the wrongfully convicted and overpunished, no permanent harm should be inflicted on prisoners.

Gun Control: Heavily restrict it, even the most adept with guns have the occasional grave mistakes. These days, getting a gun is perhaps as easy as taking a shit in a public park, and some of our own school crimes have permeated only because of negligence on this front.

Abortion: Only, AND only if the mother is under some medical risk or extenuating circumstance (i.e rape), can this action be deemed permissible. Terminating an innocent small life is just a bit too much for me to LEARN to accept.

Death Penalty: Barring a few freak examples, this should be carried out. Wouldn't want to spend your money on some depraved murderer now would you?

These topics have two sides to it, either you are pro or against, with very little room for moderation. Do not flame people for expressing their feelings and opinions on these matters at least please.

Cadman said:
Abortion: No way! From the dysfunctional stories and lives I've seen and heard here on DoomWorld if we go along with the so-called "Pro-Choice" attitude here on this forum then 90% of you should've been aborted at conception![...]After looking at some of the pictures of you "Doomers" and if I was a girl and I saw you coming at me with your dick in hand I'd cauterize my crotch closed forever and scream rape!

Oh yes, a poorly veiled death wish and a fancy of feminine castration for those damned pro-choice freaks to enjoy! All bound together in a nice package with some random prejudice, of course (particularly the standard sort of explosive inverted man-love your resident shrink could spend endless hours on.)

I'm letting you know something just quite blew you fuse there, in case you didn't notice.

Myk: I said it because lots of people like to talk about equality but only when it works in their favor. I think a man should step up to his responsability but as long as one gender doesn't have to, neighter should the other.

Gun Control: By all means. It's not that there are gun crazy nuts walking around with shotguns (well, maybe some of us Doomers :P), but a little gun control can go a long way.
Abortion: I believe I heard it said on TV that a fetus only starts to feel pain at about five months. Therefore it you kill it (it being the fetus) before five months, then it's apparently fine and dandy, but if you kill after four months of age it's considered murder. Methinks our judicial system needs an overhaul.
Death Penalty: There are cracks in this system. Sometimes an innocent dies in the place of the guilty party, which isn't fair, to make a huge understatement. But for the most part (notice I said most part) the guilty get theirs.

gun control -- if guns are illegal, only criminals will have them, and yes, they will have them.

abortion -- i'm against it. i don't see why people say women have the right to choose, it's technically considered a privacy issue, a right to keep hidden the fact you're killing unborn babies inside of you. sounds pretty sketchy to me. in the end it's good for society, since these kids wouldn't be taken good care of, but it's still baby killing. the only possible exception i can think of is if the woman is raped, because in that case it's only part of the consequences of the crime, and by forcing the mother to let the baby live on, the rapist is only getting to do more damage. and on another note i am fully in favor of the "morning after pill".

death penalty -- i think it's hilarious when someone is pro-abortion and against the death penalty ("sure, people should be able to terminate the development of a human being if they feel like it, but under no circumstances should we put people raping and killing children to death!!") i'm personally for the death penalty, since i've always thought that "eye for an eye" rule was fair. hell, at least if you're the killer, you get to choose whose life you take. the victim doesn't get that option.

Gun control yes, ban on guns no.

Abortion yes, but I don't recommend it due to the fact that there are plenty of people waiting to adopt.

Death penalty yes, but only after every appeal available has been tried *AND* the convict is mentally stable when accepting the penalty.

i think that unborn children should be murdered and criminals should be spared. and i think that all gun control should be revoked.

Gun Control: I don't care, either way. I have my guns.

Abortion: Yes. But I already wrote a controversial rant on that and don't feel like explaining my opinion again.

Death Penalty: Yes. It costs too much to keep criminals in prison. Strike the murdering, retarded and mentally insane off the world's surplus population.

Gun Control: Ian Hunter said it best in a song.

Abortion: If it were moral, I wouldn't be here today.

Death Penalty: Only in the movies.