Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

Russian Roulette live on tv? Cool!

This guy has way too much time on his hands. Still, this is just another example of the continual lowering of standards on TV.

Ichor said:

This guy has way too much time on his hands. Still, this is just another example of the continual lowering of standards on TV.

Well, his time may very well be shorten quite drastically.

Ichor said:

This guy has way too much time on his hands.

This is true.

Still, this is just another example of the continual lowering of standards on TV.

Hell, if TV standards dropped any lower, we'd would have to fucking have to dig them up out of the ground.

Don't underestimate Derren Brown. He's not some crazy guy wanting to play russian roullette - he's a mind reader!

Well ok. Maybe not a mind reader, but he's a damn good psychologist. He can read peoples body and facial language like a book, and can manipulate people pretty much any way he likes. His 'Mind Control' programs were cool. That David Blaine chap has nothign on him.

I remember seeing an interview with him a year or so back, and he said he wanted to Play Russian Roullette with someone. Well, he's not playing it with someone - he's asking them to load the gun. He just needed to find the most manipulatable person he could find so he could pretty much manipulate them so that the bullet isn't in the right (wrong?) chamber. I guess that's what all those tests are for on the website.

Well, if he's wrong, then we'll be able to read his mind very easily (the big stain on the wall, that is).

Bleh. I took those tests, even saw the video, and not one of them was right.

Yeah well, it doesn't work on everybody, but quite a few people.

The videos in the 'behind the screen' scetion are pretty funny. Especially the first one in the shopping mall and the one where he pickpockets some silly fool.

He'll probably have some sort of revolver that let's you pull the trigger with the saftey on, but the hammer won't strike. I doubt he'd risk his life reguardless of his abilities.

DarkWolf said:

He'll probably have some sort of revolver that let's you pull the trigger with the saftey on, but the hammer won't strike. I doubt he'd risk his life reguardless of his abilities.

Seriously, he's done dangerous stuff before. But he's quite fucking amazing, especially since all the tricks are psychological. He can read names, numbers and images (as in reproducing pretty much the same thing) from people by asking them to think about them, and can also project stuff into their heads. And that's not even the really impressive stuff. He spent 10 years learning all of it though.

Just another one of those super-talented guys doing something strange on TV because it will look cool and make money. Meh.

Derren's the man. My sketchy knowledge of the law suggests shooting someone in the face is illegal so the stunt better work :)

Those tests on his site annoyed me.. for the planet thing, I must have did it wrong. I chose used mars and got mercury..
and the other things, I didn't like when it said "red circle, green square" when I thought of black circle, red pentigram..
It is based on the fact the mind goes for the most simple things.