Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coopersville

Sex Slaves Kept in Bunker for 15 Years...

I see it like this: if someone is executed, the person who committed the execution is a murderer. Obviously the punishment for murder where they are is execution, so they themselves should then be executed. The second executor would also have to be executed for commiting a crime, and so on and so forth until no-one who approves of the death penalty is left (well except the last one, I guess he/she would have to commit suicide or something).

Tell me you're being sarcastic or trolling. Wow. That quote is just amazing.

Nope, we had a guy running from the cops hit a minivan here about eight years ago killing the mother who was driving and two of her kids. I'll never have any pity for people who do that. Just yesterday on Real TV they had a guy running from the cops hit a little white car with his SUV. He killed the driver of the car instantly, and the criminal was absolutely fine. They should've pulled him out of the car and put three in his head right there. Sorry if that offends anyone but that's my opinion. At some point people need to be held responsable for their actions, you've got to draw the line and hold people accountable. It sucks that most of the time the only one who pays the price is the victim.

it seems to me that if we're after a peaceful world, murder and/or torture probably aren't the ways to get there. rehabilitation would be nice. i don't know that it works in the current system, but it has to be a step up from federally-approved murder, if you ask me.

Fredrik said:

Someone locked up doesn't either.

The socio-political power structure of your average major prison would like a word with you.

Rellik said:

They know what they're doing is wrong, they choose to do it anyways, and they should forfeit their right to live within our society because of it.

People who comit extreme crimes usualy dont know what there doing is wrong IMO.

pregnant with worms said:

it seems to me that if we're after a peaceful world, murder and/or torture probably aren't the ways to get there. rehabilitation would be nice. i don't know that it works in the current system, but it has to be a step up from federally-approved murder, if you ask me.

Theres no such thing as a peaceful world well not on this planet or this dimension anyway there will always be murder torture violence weapons and so on. Its human nature we were and are still know for killing things or finding out new fangled ways to do so, Im not the most peaceful person I wouldent kill anyone by any means but Im also the type that would enjoy kicking the shit out of someone who made me mad and thats just my nature and I know alot of people like me. I personaly think the universe would colapse without our violent nature it acts like a balance serenity and chaos.

p.s please note this is only my opinion so if you feel like getting all pissy to me bout it well then fuck off.

what i don't get, is what are you supposed to do with someone who does this kind of shit. if someone kills 50 people, what do you do if not kill him/her (don't want to be sexist =P)? if you let him free, he'll just kill more people. if you give him the death penalty, he's out of the way i guess. life in prison is a death sentence, it's just a long drawn-out one. rehabilitation just isn't going to cut it for 99% of murderers and rapist freaks, so could someone please enlighten me on how they would deal with these nutcases?

I find it interesting that in Canada where the sentences are lighter than in the US and there's an insane focus on rehab for offenders, the rate of nasty crimes is lower.

But also keep in mind that the United States has many, many more people than Canada, so of course the rates are higher.

Aliotroph? said:

I find it interesting that in Canada where the sentences are lighter than in the US and there's an insane focus on rehab for offenders, the rate of nasty crimes is lower.

ummm dude theres like 32 million people in canada versus what like 300 million in the states or some crazyass number.

Not only are there more people, there are also MANY more urban areas where all the freaks are hanging out.

NiGHTMARE said:

It's extremely disturbing to think that some people believe commiting an equal or greater crime to punish someone is perfectly acceptable.

I agree wholeheartedly. Its amazing how society completely transforms itself when this happens. I feel that a cruel death is not as bad as an entire lifetime of remorse. If the sick bastard can in fact get rehabilitated, he will live a life of remorse, and I heard like sexual abuse, that can do things to people...strange things as IMJACK quite appropriately put it...

eye for an eye perhaps?

I have no idea why so many people are predisposed to violence. Has our society really depreciated so much?

Tyockell said:

ummm dude theres like 32 million people in canada versus what like 300 million in the states or some crazyass number.

Crime rate refers to the percentage of people committing crimes, not the number, so the fact America has a huge population and Canada has a relatively small one is meaningless in this case.

the_Danarchist said:

I have no idea why so many people are predisposed to violence. Has our society really depreciated so much?

Nope. Humanity has always been predisposed to violence.

Not humanity as a whole, most of us are happy never to be violent or only violent under extreme provocation, self defence, etc.

For some reason the majority of peace loving folk allow power junkies to rule over us, power junkies use violence to feel powerful. Politicians get that kick from having wars, they get a kick from having that power of life and death, they feel god like. Much the same can be said of rapists and murderers, the main difference is they prefer to commit their crimes in person, probably getting more of a kick. A lot of them also show the same desire for fame, a place in the history books or in the newspapers.

Those folk are a minority, dont go saying its in my nature (as a human) to go about being violent just because Im the same species as that lot.

I can see where Rellik is coming from, I live in an area populated with the type of assholes he refers to and if I had a gun I probably would have killed a few of them myself by now, thankfully I dont have a gun and when offered one (when I had some trouble) I refused to take it because I know the difference between right and wrong. I happen to know that despite what he says Rellik would be much the same as me there so dont let his angry 'thinking out loud' reaction spoil your view of him.

I agree with frederik and nightmare. The guy imprisoned some unfortunate girls, thankfully he never murdered them so he was caught, the judge did the right thing, keep the nutcase locked up until he dies or is too feeble to harm anyone, his sick sexual fantasies and hopefully remorse will drive him into a pit of despair, a living hell.

A good way to punish any criminal would be solitary confinement, never allowing them to mix with their fellow criminals, their only entertainment a specially selected range of books. I have known a lot of real criminals, some really evil people including rapists and murderers and every one of them would be terrified of such a punishment, the sad thing about most of them is a prison sentence the way it is now is sort of like a vacation, they get to see their old mates in jail and make new ones.

Another plus side for the solitary confinement punishment is those unlucky folk imprisoned for crimes they never committed wouldnt have to mix with genuine criminals so their time in jail would be more bearable, also they wont have bubba shagging them in the shower.