• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Amrozi's death sentence

Should Amrozi die?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Amrozi die?

• Yes! He should pay the ultimate punishment for his crime!
    • No! Why should we make him a martyr?

If death is the standard punishment for murder in Indonesia, then I see no reason why he should be spared from it. I think the effect of "martyrdom" tends to be over-estimated.

wait that means my g/f then fuck that! just kill all the shitty people.
EDIT: who the fucks Amrozi?

Let's not make him a martyr. You'll give him what he wants. Let him rot in jail for the rest of his life instead.

Fredrik said:

Nah, everyone means all human beings.

Quite, that's why Everyone should be killed :-P

Everybody dies! Mwahahaha!

Execution isn't the ultimate punishment, especially if you believe there is a hell.

NiGHTMARE said:

Execution isn't the ultimate punishment, especially if you believe there is a hell.

Well, if there is a Hell, wouldn't it be the ultimate punsihment to send the culprit to Hell?
Elaborate your views o wise sage (:-P)

But someone like this is going to go to hell anyway, regardless of how they die. Whether they go there in the new few weeks or not for several decades is meaningless when you consider they'll be there for eternity.

dsm said:

Well, if there is a Hell, wouldn't it be the ultimate punsihment to send the culprit to Hell?

True, but that only works if the person believes they are going to hell. If, on the other hand, they believe they have done some of god's great work as part of a holy war, they'll also believe their position in heaven is assured. In that case, death doesn't seem like such a bad option.

Eye for an eye, I guess. Personally though, I feel that he should be like, religiously humiliated by forcing to denounce his religion under torture or some shit. Then as soon as he denounces his faith, shoot him in the face with a rifle.

Just kill the guy. Who cares about revenge? It's more important we get rid of him. Him sitting in a prison for 100 years doesn't help anything, it doesn't serve a purpose. Those of you who wish to torture him are pretty sick yourselves.

Even if it's murder, it's justified murder. Think about the nearly 300 people who died in the Bali bomb incident...

NiGHTMARE said:

But someone like this is going to go to hell anyway, regardless of how they die. Whether they go there in the new few weeks or not for several decades is meaningless when you consider they'll be there for eternity.

Heh, quite, but then you could assume that if he had a whole life, he might believe that he could right some of his wrongdoings later on in life, thus reducing the severity of the punishment awaiting him in Hell. Kill him now, and he won't get the chance to redeem himself.

But hey, I'm not being serious ;-)

True, but that only works if the person believes they are going to hell. If, on the other hand, they believe they have done some of god's great work as part of a holy war, they'll also believe their position in heaven is assured. In that case, death doesn't seem like such a bad option.

Heh sure thing, but what if there IS a Hell (no, I'm not being serious - only hypthetical)? Then it won't help him if he believes he'll be rewarded - on the contrary, he'll end up in Hell and be shocked that he's going to be punished, so the punishment in Hell. will seem all the harsher to him, mwahahaha.

Just kill the guy. Who cares about revenge? It's more important we get rid of him. Him sitting in a prison for 100 years doesn't help anything, it doesn't serve a purpose. Those of you who wish to torture him are pretty sick yourselves.

Well, on one hand I share your sentiments. But I've been into many pro death sentence vs. anti-death sentence discussions before and there's one thing I've heard several times:
Killing him might get rid of him, but it won't necessarily prevent others from committing a similar crime - it might actually give the sucker some sort of martyr status and even encourage some others to do the same.

We've had death sentences before and they were banned for some reason - gotta assume that there was a decent reason for banning it.

NiGHTMARE said:

Whoever kills him is committing murder in my view.

By that logic, those who arrest and imprison him are kidnappers, and should presumably be punished accordingly. Likewise, those who fine criminals are extortionists.

Anyway, please don't let this become yet another thread about the death penalty. The original question, as I understood it, was about whether he should be spared the death penalty to avoid him becoming a martyr, and the question is only relevant given that he has been convicted in a jurisdiction where the death penalty applies.

Regarding the "martyrdom" issue, is there any reason to think that someone languishing in a prison cell is less likely to become a focus of attention than the memory of someone who has been put to death?

BBG said:

Eye for an eye, I guess. Personally though, I feel that he should be like, religiously humiliated by forcing to denounce his religion under torture or some shit. Then as soon as he denounces his faith, shoot him in the face with a rifle.

Or they should tell him they're going to wrap his body in pig skins (pigs = evil in Islam) after he dies, like someone suggested during the war on terror.

Grazza said:

Regarding the "martyrdom" issue, is there any reason to think that someone languishing in a prison cell is less likely to become a focus of attention than the memory of someone who has been put to death?

Not to mention someone might try to spring him from prison (by hijacking a plane or something).

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Not to mention someone might try to spring him from prison (by hijacking a plane or something).

When was the last time that actually worked though? ;)

dsm said:

Heh sure thing, but what if there IS a Hell (no, I'm not being serious - only hypthetical)? Then it won't help him if he believes he'll be rewarded - on the contrary, he'll end up in Hell and be shocked that he's going to be punished, so the punishment in Hell. will seem all the harsher to him, mwahahaha.

Good point. I guess it would be a little like this?

The page Enjay linked to included the words:
Iblis The Thrice-Damned, the cacodemon charged with conscripting new arrivals into the ranks of the forgotten

NiGHTMARE said:

When was the last time that actually worked though? ;)

IIRC it worked to get one of the guys who ended up being part of the 911 out...The Pakistan-based group, Jaish-e-Mohammad, initially claimed responsibility for the attack. It was formed by Pakistani cleric Maulana Mazood Azhar, shortly after he was released from an Indian prison in 1999. Azhar was one of three jailed Islamic militants freed by Indian authorities in exchange for passengers of the hijacked Indian Airlines 814. Indian and U.S. authorities now see a link between that hijacking and the September 11 attacks in the United States. Freed with Azhar was Ahmed Umar Syed Sheikh [Omar Saeed], whom authorities say used a pseudonym to wire $100,000 to suspected hijacker Mohammad Atta, who then distributed the money in the United States."

I don't see the point in just keeping someone (especially someone that dangerous) alive in a jail cell. These type of people aren't afraid to die anyway.