Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Mega power outage in US and Canada

Why is everyone so sad/angry that their power went out? I think it would be cool to have a major power outage. THe stupid electic companies around here are so good that if there is one, they fix it in about an hour. If the power went out here I'd be like 'YAY THE COMPUTER IS DEAD!! I'M FREE!' Then I'd bike 5 miles, or read a book by candle light depending on the time of day.

Heh, I don't mind power outages that much. Of course, I have a back-up generator. :)

Well, no water is better than no power.

Uh . . . no, actually it's not.

People should learn that air conditioning in houses is evil. Just stick a fan in your face and you're fine. :)

We have a winner! You, sir, are absolutely correct! Heh, I remember once we had a power outage in my town, and as soon as the power came back on, everyone immediately turned on their AC (which is why the power went out to begin with) and fried the power again within 15 minutes. Dumbasses. Of course,I had a generator by then, AND I'm not spoiled by AC, so I was laughing my ass off.

Grimm said:

We have a winner! You, sir, are absolutely correct! Heh, I remember once we had a power outage in my town, and as soon as the power came back on, everyone immediately turned on their AC (which is why the power went out to begin with) and fried the power again within 15 minutes. Dumbasses. Of course,I had a generator by then, AND I'm not spoiled by AC, so I was laughing my ass off.

I have a bigass free AC its called the Northern Atlantic Ocean :-P.

Archvile46 said:

Nothing serious. People can live in the goddamn dark for a few hours. If not, then GO OUTSIDE.

Umm, no. Living in one of the worst neighborhoods in the NYC area (there have been almost weekly shootings, a few blocks away, about a month ago), I can tell you living in the goddamn dark for a few hours here is not fun. Especially when all of the hoodlums come out. And are right outside your window for the duration of the night. And you feel heat-exhaustion setting in, and you have almost no gas left in your car. No, not fun.

A city-wide (in a major metropolitan area -- no such thing here :( )power outage would be a great way to meet new people. Wander the streets, talk to strangers... It really is a special event. Make the most of it.

I've experienced power cuts before and found them to be a welcome peaceful and tranquil interlude.

the_Danarchist said:

That about Ottawa, the capital of fuckin Canada?

yay, I got mentioned... sort of.

it was quite fun yesterday though.. spent a lot of the day looking for something to eat. yeah, it was fun.
at least we had alcohol and pot..

I find it real funny that the company running your power supplies is in ENGLAND :P

Wow, Bush sucks. Damn. Better than Gore at least.

A city-wide (in a major metropolitan area -- no such thing here :( )power outage would be a great way to meet new people. Wander the streets, talk to strangers... It really is a special event. Make the most of it.

I've experienced power cuts before and found them to be a welcome peaceful and tranquil interlude.

I agree with both. :)

LOL I just saw some headline on the power outage which read, "Still in the Dark on What Failed," and I could have sworn it said "Still in the Dark on Who Failed It." Personally, I think both headlines are equally valid. LOL God, imagine if say, the New York Times ran an article with that headline.

Pfft, Power > water. If I was thirsty, I just had root beer or milk, I can't remember the last time I drank water.

Well, try disposing of all your shit and piss after having no water for a week in the city. Won't be pretty -- or pleasant smelling.

We have deregulation here because Alberta's retarded premier is as republican as Bush in a country with no Republican party. He even makes Bush look pretty smart some days. He's a fucking dumbass and some people keep voting for him. Gonna smack that lot. Probably rich people who want more tax cuts, when they should be paying 5000% of our environmental bills for driving their damned SUVs.

Anyway, some people think it's time for solar power from the moon. I heard about this idea years ago, and other than the initial investment it sounds really cool as both a power solution and a pollution solution.

Yes, but the point is that you can't bathe with only root beer and no water. Same thing goes for milk.

You can go a week without taking a shower you know. Well, without dying or getting diseased I mean.

Heh there was this guy in high school who went weeks without bathing. Everybody called him Stinkpants, for good reason.

DooMBoy said:

Heh there was this guy in high school who went weeks without bathing. Everybody called him Stinkpants, for good reason.

What reason was that?