• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beezee88

I just realised...

Assmaster said:

Why would anyone buy a console?

Console-exclusive games.

Example: Halo. Would have been a PC smash-hit if Microsoft hadn't paid for it to be made an exclusive XBox launch title.

N64 games looked like smeared poo. Running on an emulator, I can see games like goldeneye or mario showing off artistic talent, but the actual console ruins it completely.

I love Mario and Mario Kart 64 on an emulator. Goldeneye is unplayable, though. Late the other night I was in the dark back seat of a car, with the screen a foot from my face, playing Kart 64 in 1600x1200, 2xAA, triple buffer... It was very immersive.

Python_Junkie said:

Which are crap, IMO.

Agreed. The only Console-exclusive games I've ever played which I considered investing money into were Halo and GTA3. And oh wait look, thay're out for the PC now. If only I had a damn video card.

Fredrik said:

I assume you missed the pre-PS2 generations.

On the contrary, I grew up with an old Atari, a NES, and a Genesis. I guess I meant to say modern console-exclusive games in that case. Sorry :-/

The last console i ever owned was the Nintendo 64. that ruined it for me. from now on, as far as i can see, im never gonna buy a console. pc's are far better for games and it doesnt feel as good playing a game on a console as it does on a pc. i dont know, the pc immerses me in the game more than a console does.

I've completely given up on consoles, and almost completely given up on PC games. That sort of works out, since it's easier to study.

Obviously, consoles are much cheaper... And easier to use... PC games are for people who have a PC. Plus they're easier to pirate.