Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

Sell outs?

Rellik said:

You know you're a sell out when:

- You find yourself in a GAP TV ad.

- You cry about filesharing around the same time you go buy yourself a new scottish castle cuz, well cuz you feel like buying one and you've got enough cash to choke Jesus Christ.

- You complain at a California fund raiser about how horrible life is in 3rd world countries but drove to the event in a $200,000 SUV.

- You're Christina Aguilera.

- You're in any way affiliated with MTV.

Keep it going! Yay! Heh.

- You sue Metallica

- You believe getting your videos aired on MTV makes you an important part of culture

- You believe the RIAA is a reputable business

- You think taking someone's old song without asking and dubbing over it will make you a respected voice in the music industry...and it does

These lists are not selling out unless you compromised yourself to do them. If you never had a problem with being on a GAP TV ad, then you aren't selling out when you appear on one.

I'm not saying that having such aspirations makes you a nice person, or a nasty one for that matter, but they don't make you a sell out either. A betrayal either of yourself of someone else for financial (or similar) gain is a sell out IMO. If there is no betrayal, there is no sell out.

Coopersville said:

I'm appalled by the mentioning of Linkin Park in a Sell Out thread.

Quote of the day!

Coopersville said:

I'm appalled by the mentioning of Linkin Park in a Sell Out thread.

Bahahahaha, comedy gold, joking or not :-P

If you never had a problem with being on a GAP TV ad, then you aren't selling out when you appear on one.

I make a special exception for people in GAP ads. They are the lowest form of life. :-)

darknation said:

Ha, just try it. The company fears new ideas because new ideas will probably fail.

Look at the movie industry for details.

The real artists working in in a commercial enviroment are never new: they tend to be crotchetty 100 year old motherfuckers with gout. The only real auteurs these days are people like Lynch, Reznor, Kubrick (deceased) etc.

Lynch is just crazy. But I agree with the other two. A Clockwork Orange bothers me though. I'm not all about anything that seems to glorify rape. Murder on the other hand . . .

Scabbed Angel said:

A Clockwork Orange bothers me though. I'm not all about anything that seems to glorify rape. Murder on the other hand . . .

It doesn't really glorify rape. You have to read into the messages from the book/movie to really get it.

That and keep in mind that Kubrick wasn't really as good as he was hyped to be. What he did to "The Shining" was unforgivable. The TV version was 100 times better.

darknation said:

Ha, just try it. The company fears new ideas because new ideas will probably fail.

Look at the movie industry for details.

The real artists working in in a commercial enviroment are never new: they tend to be crotchetty 100 year old motherfuckers with gout. The only real auteurs these days are people like Lynch, Reznor, Kubrick (deceased) etc.

Lynch is just crazy. But I agree with the other two. A Clockwork Orange bothers me though. I'm not all about anything that seems to glorify rape. Murder on the other hand . . .