Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

New UT2004 video.

I guess that game is just not my thing... looked like Tribes2 meets Halo.
of course, that doesn't mean everyone else might not like it. (um, double negative?)

Melfice said:

UT needs to die, just...die.

Actually, I agree. I enjoyed Q3A and Team Areana more than UT and UT2k3 combined. The mods are better and the action is, IMO, more intense.

Well, I didn't buy either UT or UT2K3, but I've played them both reasonably extensively (UT came with my video card, and UT2K3...well, I'm not at liberty to say), and they were honestly just too slow for me. Even moments that should have been fast felt slow. It was like every click was moving through molasses.

DC

Lord FlatHead said:

UT was cool. UT2003 is great. Don't care for any further milking of the concept, though - I've played enough deatmatch the past couple years.

Well, I agree with the first part. I'd say UT was my favorite deathmatch-oriented game, with Q3 in second. UT2k3 is only a 6 or 7 out of 10 in my book. As for Ut2k4, well, if it's built off of UT2k3, then I don't see it being of great interest to me.

Heh, I like the fact that UT/UT2k3 are 'slower' when compared to Q3. Maybe I'm old and my reflexes are bad or something :P

Not gonna bother downloading that vid with my 56k connection either.

Heh.

Since I'll be at the Buzz Tour NYC stop in a few hours I'll probably end up in the next few videos. you just watch :P

I've alwayed liked the Unreal Series. Always fun to play and it's a bit more tactical that Q3.

BBG said:

Actually, I agree. I enjoyed Q3A and Team Areana more than UT and UT2k3 combined. The mods are better and the action is, IMO, more intense.

The Thievery mod for UT is one of the best mods for any game ever, and now they're making a sequel for UT2k3 (meaning I might just have to war... I mean buy the game ;) )

Despite popular opinion, I enjoyed UT2k3. Go on, throw childish insults and the like. I'm gonna buy UT2k4 anyways, just for the new stuff.

UT was damn good IMO, UT2003 was a festering pile of crap.. they nutered 2003 of any chance of being good by removing assault and trying to make it more quake/tribes like.

They removed Assult? Bastards! That was my second favorite game next to CTF.

SlayeR said:

Heh, I like the fact that UT/UT2k3 are 'slower' when compared to Q3. Maybe I'm old and my reflexes are bad or something :P

Heh, I so agree. UT runs just the right speed for me, sometimes a little too fast. Quake 3 is insanely too fast. It's rare that I can get more then 2 or 3 kills off in one round.

After I play DOOM online for a couple hours then switch to Q3 everything seems like it's happening in slow motion. :)

Actually everytime I play Quake then play Doom I feel like I'm going in slow-motion. Halo...its even worse, you can't even run in it, just a pretty steady pace. But nothing beats Halo's infinite plasma grenades that'll stick to people when they come in contact.

I think they're trying to do for UT what they do for sports games. Release a new one each year

UT was great until you started seeing all the little engine flaws. It's editor is also piece of crap. Hold ctrl+alt+mouse1+del+f1+t+a to do a simple function.

DarkWolf said:

UT was great until you started seeing all the little engine flaws. It's editor is also piece of crap. Hold ctrl+alt+mouse1+del+f1+t+a to do a simple function.

You know absolutely nada about the editor..

i bought unreal championship for X-Box, and UT2k3 with unreal 2. both i thought sucked.
nice graphics is all that was good
UT was good, UT2k3 kinda sucked ass a bit too much

Sephiroth said:

i bought unreal championship for X-Box, and UT2k3 with unreal 2. both i thought sucked

You could have tried the UT2K3 demo before buying the full game. After playing with the demo I decided not to buy the full UT2K3. It saved me money.