Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Legacy

Hello!

myk said:

I had taken "spam" as commercial email intrusion (specifically,) but apparently I didnt know enough about the term...

It's also a term for a tactic in TF(C) (usualy used by bad players) where you run into the enemy base and begin tossing grenades all over the place in the hope of hitting someone. It's usualy done with the heavy grenades which have multiple explosions and usualy perpetrated by players using the HW class. There are perhaps other games where this term is used for a similar tactic, but I dont know of any.

the_Danarchist said:

It's also a term for a tactic in TF(C)

In fact it's a term for the general strategy of firing randomly in hope of hitting something, regardless of weapon or game.

Fredrik said:

In fact it's a term for the general strategy of firing randomly in hope of hitting something, regardless of weapon or game.

Heh...probably. The only games I've played online to any extent though are TFC, Counterstrike, Quake 2, and Starcraft. CS and SC dont have use for it, and I havent really played Quake 2 online since 99 or so, so the terminology could have changed.

Welcome TheLegacy! I'm the local insane man here, well, maybe not...but, welcome to this crazy place. Oh, be sure to try to always get fp! in the news section, it's instant fame! I think...

Anyway, have a good time here.

Ichor said:

...walks in, grabs the last donut and slice of pizza, then leaves...

Oh no ya don't! *grabs Ichor and takes the slice of pizza*

Ichor said:

It has anchovies on it. You still want it?

Eh, meat is meat. /steals da pizza

the_Danarchist said:

Hot dogs and chips for dinner tonight.

Hamburgers grilled on the George Foreman Lean mean fat reducing grilling machine tonight for me. :)

WELCOME TO DOOMWORLD!!!!

i'm monochrome. basically, i'm like a NPC that no one really pays attention to, and kills when they get the chance. i've only been here for about a year, so anything prior to that i don't know about. 'the dark years of doomworld' :P

hope you enjoy your stay. don't drink the c0ff33 (something from the dark years i wasn't enlisted on the forums).

Oh yeah, and if you love DOOM, you'll be sure to love this!

YES I AM BRINGING IT BACK! okay, not really, but i figured he has the right to know what he's getting into...

Wow, I provoked a silly debate about "spam". I think it has taken on a very broad meaning: to chuck *anything* out in all directions.

Oh, and Vae tibi, sceleste puer!

Hi, I'm the resident map reviewing asshole. If you upload a map of yours on my week of observing /newstuff, you are more than likely guaranteed to bitch and moan about how harsh I am. Thank you. No wait, screw those last few words, just make a decent map and I'll be happy.

Cæsar adsum jam forte,
Brutus adarat,
Cæsar sic in omnibus,
Brutus sic in at.

That's my dad's favourite, but it's pretty crap. I wanted to use some real latin but couldn't remember enough. I was sure "podex perfectus est" was "you are a complete arsehole" but the gramma's probably completely fucked up and I can't remember if "est" should actually be a completely different word.

Princessshanobi said:

Ego sum semper in excrementum

Call me crazy, but shouldn't "sum" be at the END of the sentence? This is coming from a guy with 3 years of experience, mind you. I may have to call on my old Latin teacher this Christmas if you want a debate ;)

Dan: It's veni, vidi, vici (pronounced "way-nee, wee-dee, wee-kee") :P

lol, it poss should be - but my Latin teacher gave me that sentance exactly as you saw it, so either she's wrong or you are. Apparently though, you don't need 'sum' at all because 'Ego semper in excrementum' means the same thing.... but starting a debate over things such as Latin declensions is just a little odd, therefore, whatever you say goes!