Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraviolet

What makes a good pizza?

Aside from it just being a matter of taste, I mean. Pizzas may have many variable features, like pan or thin crust, stuffed crust or not... discuss how much grease you like, toppings, whatever.

Hand-tossed
Regular crust
Plenty of cheese
Pepperoni, sausage, and green bell peppers

WITH garlic-buttered and -salted breaksticks served with that great tomato dipping sauce.

In other words, Pizza Hut ;)

Remove the green peppers, and maybe the sausage, and that's about the kind of pizza I like.

hmmmm

1. CHEESE!! LOTS OF IT!! (prefreablly a white and orange mixture)
2. Pepperoni
3. *optional* chiken
4. ham(very thin slices)
5. sausage
6. mushrooms
7. *optional* olives
8. Drenched in grease
9. Semi-thin crust
10. NOT HOT!! =/ burnt my hand last time...
11. oh yeah and put cheese on top of and inside of the crust. =D

i mean when i went to pick it up and put it my mouth..not grab the metal plate...i may be stupid but not that stupid =p

OK, can someone explain to me the difference between Pepperoni and Salami? That's something that's been on my mind for a long time.

Zell said:
hmmmm

1. CHEESE!! LOTS OF IT!! (prefreablly a white and orange mixture)
2. Pepperoni
3. *optional* chiken
4. ham(very thin slices)
5. sausage
6. mushrooms
7. *optional* olives
8. Drenched in grease
9. Semi-thin crust
10. NOT HOT!! =/ burnt my hand last time...
11. oh yeah and put cheese on top of and inside of the crust. =D

*dies*

rofl was this inspired by all those frickin recent "what makes a * level" threads in the editing forum?

A perfect pizza has a soft crust, with a sauce that is sweetish, but not too sweet.

It will have quad-cheese on it, with green peppers chopped quite small. It will be laden with pineapple. There will also be pepperoni, thinly sliced, placed ON TOP of the pizza so it bakes crisply. There will also be dipping sauce for my crusts.

mmmmm

Hmm... well, because I uh, have some... issues with having too much cheese, I'll stick to single. But it's got to be good cheese, you know? I don't like rubberized shit. And I know all pizza has tomato sauce above the crust, but it shouldn't be so much that it's overpowering. I HATE pizza that tastes like ketchup. The crust should be light and fluffy at the edges, as croissant-like as possible, but the underside should be cardboard enough that you can manage to eat it. :D The crust shouldn't be *too* moist under the tomato sauce, because hey, who likes eating wet bread?

I likes me some o' the green peppers, but NOT when they are burned. There are so many ways to botch a good pizza, and that's one of them.

Cyb: This was a postcount++ thread. :D

Cyb said:

tsk tsk

pizza is not a matter to be taken lightly my friend!!

exactly - its powers are horrid in the wrong hand =O

Pepperoni, sausage, and venison all with a stuffed crust.

DaJuice said:

OK, can someone explain to me the difference between Pepperoni and Salami? That's something that's been on my mind for a long time.

Salami is a milder cousin of pepperoni. IE it's not as strong, and is a bit paler in color.

Lots of cheese, sausage, pepperoni, and absolutely NO FRIGGIN' VEGETABLES OF ANY KIND KTHX.

Relatively thin but crusty dough (cooked on a stone, preferrably prepared with olive oil), traditional pizza sauce, tomatoes, olives, quality mozzarella, and finally oregano sprinkled after heating.

No meat, no broccoli.

Mozzarrella, pineapple, misc. veg., olives, capers, lots of jalapenos, garlic, and other spicy stuff (a dash of habanero sauce maybe). Good food should cause physical pain.

Heh, there are about a dozen pizzerias a few minutes walk away...

1. lots and lots of cheese
2. pepperoni
2. olives
3. mushrooms
4. green peppers
5. deep pan pizza crust
6. good homemade sauce spiced w/ oregano and such
7. those dried up jalapeno seeds on top

yum