Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gatewatcher

XP Help

Anyone ever had trouble booting into it? On normal mode I can log on, but it restarts immediately after... I can boot into dirrectory services repair, but not regular safe mode. I get no errors, so it's not a reg issue, I think. Any thoughts?

Arioch said:

Or your hardware being gay.

I was thinking about that. Perhaps my motherboard's mounting is loose and it's causing it to boot incorrectly?? Or something, I'll be straight up I have no idea what's wrong. =\

First thing I would check is how well your memory is seated.

Take them out and put them back in if you have to.

Sephiroth said:

blaster worm32
delet a file called msblast.exe
boot useing a dos disk to do this
or format

This dangerous advice should be deleted. THAT is not the way to remove Blaster from an XP machine. It shows you have no knowledge of system restore or other means that it could re-infect.
At the least you should run winxp patch
then run a blaster removal tool like FixBlast

But you should turn off system restore before running the winxp patch, re-boot then run the blaster fix

fodders said:

This dangerous advice should be deleted. THAT is not the way to remove Blaster from an XP machine. It shows you have no knowledge of system restore or other means that it could re-infect.
At the least you should run winxp patch
then run a blaster removal tool like FixBlast

But you should turn off system restore before running the winxp patch, re-boot then run the blaster fix

Heh. Never listen to the God of Faulty Hardware. :P

Rebooting still sounds like a msblast/lovsan infection
If you can't stop your system from rebooting, use the shutdown timer:
click Start, Run and Shutdown -a
Then run the instructions I listed earlier.

Well, I had already done most of what you suggested earlier, although not in your order. So i tried what you said, no infections found, and it still shuts down... Could you explain the shutdown timer, I've never heard of it before =P

But, just in case, I backed everything up on a slave drive, although if it's a virus it's all infected anyway.

loos motherboard mountaing aint it. you probobly got a file that loads up when booted and makes the whole system crash. i mean a loose motherboard wouldnt cause it, cus i have had my whole computer ( withought a case) runing ontop of my desk.