Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Drugs are like, SOO EVIL!! or are they?

SlowMotionHobo said:

Yes I see alcohol worse than weed. I've never seen potheads get pissed off and backhand you because you didn't answer them the right way.

Hobo you seem to be cofusing drunk and drinking. This is no different than confusing the term Pothead with someone who say's they've taken a hit once in a while. Excessive drinking can lead to violence, but 2 drinks will make nobody different from their own self. Marijuana, like cigarettes contain harmful carcinogens that damage your lungs, whereas a single drink of alcohol is far less damaging as the liver is capable of processing a small ammount of liquor.

the_Danarchist said:

Yeah, because it makes you horny.

It also makes you thirstier than hell.

Scuba Steve said:

Hobo you seem to be cofusing drunk and drinking. This is no different than confusing the term Pothead with someone who say's they've taken a hit once in a while. Excessive drinking can lead to violence, but 2 drinks will make nobody different from their own self. Marijuana, like cigarettes contain harmful carcinogens that damage your lungs, whereas a single drink of alcohol is far less damaging as the liver is capable of processing a small ammount of liquor.

I was comparing alcoholics to potheads, not the occasional drinker. Sorry, I should've cleared that up.

Nanami said:

Cigarettes ought to be illegal... they've killed more people than marijuana, even though they don't really do much to a person's performance like marijuana or alcohol.

Personally I have nothing against 'Drugs' or Alcohol, but I just really don't like Cigarettes, they really irritate me because they are just the most evil out of the bunch in my opinion. I have no idea why Cigarettes are legal while things such as Marijuana are illegal. However I don't know pretty much anything on this but its just my thought. :D

the_Danarchist said:

Yeah, because it makes you horny.

It was me that was shooting spics through your neck, and I'm about to do it once again.

I wonder if people would still have a problem with drugs if they showed absolutly no side effects or had any unwanted health concerns on the body. No ODs, no addiction, no lung cancer, no brain cell loss etc, just a whole lot of red eyed people talking like the exDell guy.

nxn said:

I wonder if people would still have a problem with drugs if they showed absolutly no side effects or had any unwanted health concerns on the body. No ODs, no addiction, no lung cancer, no brain cell loss etc, just a whole lot of red eyed people talking like the exDell guy.

They probably would, just because it feels good, it must be bad!

A glass of wine a day is said by doctors to actually be good for you (it helps preserve the internal organs or something).

The main reason people die from extasy is because dealers often mix it with other substances to extend their supply. The same is true with many other drugs, especially cocaine.

NiGHTMARE said:

The main reason people die from extasy is because dealers often mix it with other substances to extend their supply. The same is true with many other drugs, especially cocaine.

That's incorrect, you can't mix anything into a pill, at least the dealer can't. However there are fake pills made with substances that are less expensive and/or easier to obtain. This way there is more profit to be made by the dealers. Often DXM is used because the onset is similar to MDMA, it's legal, and takes just as long to kick in. Then of course after the first wave of the high is gone along with the person who sold you the pill, you're fucked.

Here is the deal: lay off of Baron Slayer.

First, Weed has negative effects on one's ability to procreate, as scientific studies have shown a correlation between weed smoking and impotence of various sorts. SO next time you start tokin', remember little you.

Second, Why do you think that the law was passed in the first place? I would argue that in most circumstances, including this one, law is in the right. Look at the history of these illegal drugs comming into the US. With the exception of weed, other things like cocaine and opium, etc, come from other countries and are sold by large "drug lords". If you have never lived in Columbia, or experienced the effects of these people on the local populations, including murders, and battles with the governments, etc, then I suggest that you speak to the citizens of those nations, and explain to them why your high is more important than their lives. Just as you believe that

Third, My friend in high school died due to a combination of rain, and weed. He went to a party right after school, and they were all blazing in the car, and when it began to rain, they went passed a stop sign, hit another car, and one of them died, the other two were in critical condition, one is now a parapalegic, and the other has now dropped out of school. Real fun.

Fourth, let's not forget the people that went to my high school that were convicted of felonies, and cannot get financial aid for college now, and did not go, or went, one of them, to the local community college. Why? becuase they were in possession of a large quantity, and were caught selling. Does this mean that it should be legalized, no.

Fifth, the discussion here is not whether legalization is good, its whether drugs, in general, are good or bad.

Sixth, lets look at the current death of the large person in Cincinnati over this past week, beaten by cops to death: Hamilton County Coroner Carl Parrott said Nathaniel Jones, 41, suffered from an enlarged heart, obesity and had intoxicating levels of cocaine, PCP and methanol in his blood. TELL ME THAT HIS FIGHTING THE COPS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DRUGS IN HIS SYSTEM. Also, Chris Farley, and other people have died becuase of overuse, and abuse, so drugs can be bad. But you are not as funny as Chris Farley, so smoke away, I guess.

Seventh, I do not disagree that some medicinal uses of drugs are fine, but those are prescribed by doctors, and for health issues. You just trying to have a good time belittles these people, and their afflictions.

Eighth, I have come to the conclusion that reason and rationality have no place on this site, so you will disregard what is writen no matter what is writen. By the way, I am not Baron, there is more than one person in Ohio, and I can spell correctly and argue. This is yet another example of your all's lack of intellegence. Maybe you could see this if you stopped smoking the pot. Lay off the Hash for a while, too.

and for a double post, I would like to point out that MDMA has been proven to, in large quantities, cause brain damage, death, and other side effects to the high. Also, legalizing the date rape drug, or other ones, have, emperically, lead to increased use in other countries, with Amsterdam being the exception. And more Date rape can not be defended as good. Also, have any of you seen the effects of the addiction to the drug? did you watch the news episode, it tore a family apart. But whatever, go have your fun, and come back when you are an adult.

prometheusisback said:

First, Weed has negative effects on one's ability to procreate, as scientific studies have shown a correlation between weed smoking and impotence of various sorts. SO next time you start tokin', remember little you.

Second, Why do you think that the law was passed in the first place? I would argue that in most circumstances, including this one, law is in the right. Look at the history of these illegal drugs comming into the US. With the exception of weed, other things like cocaine and opium, etc, come from other countries and are sold by large "drug lords". If you have never lived in Columbia, or experienced the effects of these people on the local populations, including murders, and battles with the governments, etc, then I suggest that you speak to the citizens of those nations, and explain to them why your high is more important than their lives. Just as you believe that

First, those studies have shown that, for most cases, your body and your sperm recover. There is no real evidence that suggests that pot may cause sterility.

Second, all the pot I smoke is grown in the local area, not foreign nations.

nxn said:

That's incorrect, you can't mix anything into a pill, at least the dealer can't.

Nope, that's incorrect. The equipment required to create pills is pretty easily obtainable, and not too expensive IIRC.

Besides, I didn't really mean substances were added/extracted to individual pills (although that does happen), rather that dealers add all sorts of other, identical-looking pills to their stash.

prometheusisback said:

and I can spell correctly and argue. This is yet another example of your all's lack of intellegence.

Heh.

prometheusisback said:

and I can spell correctly and argue. This is yet another example of your all's lack of intellegence. Maybe you could see this if you stopped smoking the pot. Lay off the Hash for a while, too.

If you want others to lay off the drugs, maybe you should so in order to set an example.

Just kidding. I know you're not being serious, what with claiming to be able to spell correctly and then proceeding to misspell a word.

prometheusisback said:

My dad smoked a Hell of a lot more weed than I ever did (he was a teenager in the 60s/early 70s), and my sister and I are here, so it's not like it is irreversable if there is a large amount of damage.

See, thats one of the reasons all drugs should be legalized. If it were legal to grow them here, then people would capitalize it and grow and sell it here. There would be no need to have to buy from Columbia and Afghanistan.

Third, My friend in high school died due to a combination of rain, and weed. He went to a party right after school, and they were all blazing in the car, and when it began to rain, they went passed a stop sign, hit another car, and one of them died, the other two were in critical condition, one is now a parapalegic, and the other has now dropped out of school. Real fun.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It could have just as easily been alcohol that would have done that. In my opinion, if you don't know your limits and such, you shouldn't be doing any drugs. And you really shouldn't be driving if you've had more than a minimal amount of any drug.

Fourth, let's not forget the people that went to my high school that were convicted of felonies, and cannot get financial aid for college now, and did not go, or went, one of them, to the local community college. Why? becuase they were in possession of a large quantity, and were caught selling. Does this mean that it should be legalized, no.

Actualy, yes. It's stupid that people can have their whole record tarnished for the rest of their lives just because they had a bunch of weed. What's wrong with going to community college anyway? I go because my family is too poor to pay for a university or such. There are plenty of people who go there for a head start to whatever university they're going for, too.

Sixth, lets look at the current death of the large person in Cincinnati over this past week, beaten by cops to death: Hamilton County Coroner Carl Parrott said Nathaniel Jones, 41, suffered from an enlarged heart, obesity and had intoxicating levels of cocaine, PCP and methanol in his blood. TELL ME THAT HIS FIGHTING THE COPS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DRUGS IN HIS SYSTEM. Also, Chris Farley, and other people have died becuase of overuse, and abuse, so drugs can be bad. But you are not as funny as Chris Farley, so smoke away, I guess.

Yes, addiction and drug abuse is a bad thing. That is why there should be more funding for treatment plants, or maybe treatment plant refor. Jerry Garcia died because he got caught doing something (forget what drug) and kicked out of the treatment facility, and suffered an underdose and died.

Still, like I said before: if you can't control yourself and especialy if you know you have an addiction problem, then you shouldn't be doing them in the first place.

Seventh, I do not disagree that some medicinal uses of drugs are fine, but those are prescribed by doctors, and for health issues. You just trying to have a good time belittles these people, and their afflictions.

Perscription drugs are just as strong as illegal drugs, sometimes stronger. I once suffered a hallucenogenic episode when I was perscribed codeine. It is possible I could have died from the allergic reaction I had with it as well.

Eighth, I have come to the conclusion that reason and rationality have no place on this site, so you will disregard what is writen no matter what is writen. By the way, I am not Baron, there is more than one person in Ohio, and I can spell correctly and argue. This is yet another example of your all's lack of intellegence. Maybe you could see this if you stopped smoking the pot. Lay off the Hash for a while, too.

Yes, thank you for making a personal attack on all of us. Your input is so important to the betterment of this site, sir.

Torn said:

Weed > alcohol.
Alcohol kills brain cells, weed just make them sleep. So... heh.
And yes, like fraggle said there is cofferin in cola, and it is get the same feeling of drugs, where you feel you need to get a cola like drugs. Not the same way, but still works kinda like drugs. :P
Btw, what is so wrong about weed, I find that harder drugs like heroin, cocaine, etc... is worser. However I'd like to try speed or E.

I wouldent try E the compounds in E stay in your body for years on end and continue to cause damage to your brain, after one hit of E you notice changes in mental ability so I really wouldent do that, that shit fucks you up perminatly and sometimes seriously.

Baron Slayer419 said:

don't turn this into a race issue.... That an't bad any ways!!!!! all people should vote. But not all to use drugs. Drugs are bad becuase they have a phisical affect that is bad...

Also, they are illegal becuase they have caused people to die.... not blacks voting...

oh ya This thread shood go to Post Hell.

And you think alchohole dosent kill people?.... hmm its legal and weed is less harmfull then alchohole nevermind way less addictive so guess what I think your an idiot.

He is an idiot. He's making some of the right arguments, but in some of the most stupid ways imaginable.

prometheusisback said:

If it was made legal then people wouldnt have to obtain it through criminals.

Third, My friend in high school died due to a combination of rain, and weed.

No, he died because whoever was driving the car was an irresponsible moron. Next.

Why? If it isnt a felony then this isnt a problem.

Fifth, the discussion here is not whether legalization is good, its whether drugs, in general, are good or bad.

ok..

Cocaine is not Marijuana. Neither is PCP or methanol. "PCP is bad. PCP is a drug. Therefore all drugs are bad". This is a logical fallacy.

I dont think drug use is a problem, but drug abuse is. Making drugs illegal isnt going to stop people abusing them, but education seems like a better solution. All drugs are potentially harmful if abused: I've seen the effects of my brother abusing Marijuana and my friends abusing alcohol. Its important to realise the harmful side, things should be taken in moderation.

One of my mothers friends is a local magistrate. He judges small petty crimes in our town. They get much more problems from drunk people fighting in the streets; The ones arrested for Marijuana possession are almost never the ones being violent and causing trouble.

Great.

I think you'll find some of us are quite willing to listen to rational arguments if you'd care to make any.

prometheusisback said:

and for a double post, I would like to point out that MDMA has been proven to, in large quantities, cause brain damage, death, and other side effects to the high. Also, legalizing the date rape drug, or other ones, have, emperically, lead to increased use in other countries, with Amsterdam being the exception. And more Date rape can not be defended as good. Also, have any of you seen the effects of the addiction to the drug? did you watch the news episode, it tore a family apart. But whatever, go have your fun, and come back when you are an adult.

And that is why I don't propose that MDMA, Cocaine, Heroin, PCP or anything like that gets legalized, in fact, I'm all for tougher enforcement against those drugs.

fraggle said:

If it was made legal then people wouldnt have to obtain it through criminals.
No, he died because whoever was driving the car was an irresponsible moron. Next.
Why? If it isnt a felony then this isnt a problem.
ok..

Cocaine is not Marijuana. Neither is PCP or methanol. "PCP is bad. PCP is a drug. Therefore all drugs are bad". This is a logical fallacy.

I dont think drug use is a problem, but drug abuse is. Making drugs illegal isnt going to stop people abusing them, but education seems like a better solution. All drugs are potentially harmful if abused: I've seen the effects of my brother abusing Marijuana and my friends abusing alcohol. Its important to realise the harmful side, things should be taken in moderation.

One of my mothers friends is a local magistrate. He judges small petty crimes in our town. They get much more problems from drunk people fighting in the streets; The ones arrested for Marijuana possession are almost never the ones being violent and causing trouble.

Great.
I think you'll find some of us are quite willing to listen to rational arguments if you'd care to make any.

Ok, the argument posed here is whether drugs are good, or bad, and I can show you that some drugs are VERY bad. And when you legalize drugs, will you also legislate moderation?

By the way, my friend died becuase the driver was high, as was everyone else in the car. And please don't call the driver a moron, he is now a parapalegic, and killed one of his friends, he has suffered enough, and, guess what, doesn't do drugs anymore. He had a prison term, as well.

And I hope that you do not propose free trade, as well, as the frugs would still be developed where they are currently, and the money still goes to drug cartels and murders. Granted, not all kill.

and look at it this way:

PCP, Weed, and Cocaine are drugs; drugs can cause negative impacts (this is granted by you); therefore drugs can be/are bad.

And don't tell me how my friend died.

prometheusisback said:
Second, Why do you think that the law was passed in the first place?

Well, one of the theories being tossed around is that hemp posed a serious threat to the cotton industry easily last century. And was fairly soft target.

prometheusisback said:

Ok, the argument posed here is whether drugs are good, or bad, and I can show you that some drugs are VERY bad. And when you legalize drugs, will you also legislate moderation?

I've never seen anyone be so right and so completely and utterly braindead in the same paragraph.

By the way, my friend died becuase the driver was high, as was everyone else in the car. And please don't call the driver a moron, he is now a parapalegic, and killed one of his friends, he has suffered enough, and, guess what, doesn't do drugs anymore. He had a prison term, as well.

This made me laugh for real. Very entertaining.

And I hope that you do not propose free trade, as well, as the frugs would still be developed where they are currently, and the money still goes to drug cartels and murders. Granted, not all kill.

Since it's obvious to all that you're being a complete idiot, I'm just going to take pleasure in reinforcing that point.

and look at it this way:

PCP, Weed, and Cocaine are drugs; drugs can cause negative impacts (this is granted by you); therefore drugs can be/are bad.

Oh man, the stupidity is just so entertaining. MAN is that ever satisfying.

prometheusisback said:

People will take drugs whether they're legal or not. All I'm saying is its better to educate people on the dangers of drugs and allow them to make their own mind up than trying to force them with laws and prosecution for possession.

Sorry, I disagree. People like to avoid responsibility for their actions, but if you drive while high and someone dies as a result, you are responsible for that. Thats his fault, not the drugs.

Hmm, possibly, but in the end it can only be better having a proper controlled open trade than making everyone resort to crime and the black market.

and look at it this way:

The whole notion of laws to protect people from themselves seems wrong to me. Personally I've hardly done any drugs at all, but hypothetically if I wanted to take heroin I feel I should be free to do so. Provided it doesnt harm anyone else I dont see why there should be any restriction.

Drug abuse is a problem, but making laws to try to stop people from getting drugs isnt going to help the people addicted to them.

I'm really sorry for your loss, but it doesnt change my views.