Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Drugs are like, SOO EVIL!! or are they?

Ct_red_pants said:

Well, one of the theories being tossed around is that hemp posed a serious threat to the cotton industry easily last century. And was fairly soft target.

Its not a theory, its a fact, as far as I know. Could be that the places I read that got their info from one of thsoe stoned-as-fuck weed fanatic societies. But it makes perfect sense anyway. Its the kind of stuff that happens all the time in politics (like say the RIAA getting p2ps banned).

prometheusisback
By the way, my friend died becuase the driver was high, as was everyone else in the car. And please don't call the driver a moron, he is now a parapalegic, and killed one of his friends, he has suffered enough, and, guess what, doesn't do drugs anymore. He had a prison term, as well.

Would you also have us give sympathy to the man who puts his hand in the woodchipper?

Prometheus:

So drugs are bad because they're illegal, and they're illegal because they're bad? Don't you think it's a bit fucked up that 90% of your issues with marijuana wouldn't exist if it was legalized. All those stories of kids that fucked their life up because they were caught selling wouldn't exist anymore. For one it wouldn't be profitable to deal marijuana anymore and for two even if you did and there wouldn't be any chance of fucking your life up because of it.

And what exactly would it lead to if it was to be legalized, do all the 10% of your other issues with it not exist for alcohol? Hell do they not exist for most things even if they're not substances? Seriously, anything can be abused if you want to abuse it, it's up to the person how to handle it. Let me say this again, it's not the substance, it's the person.

prometheusisback said:

And don't tell me how my friend died.

Where the hell did that come from? Nobody even said anything about your friend. Telling everyone that they're stupid doesn't help your argument either. ("I have come to the conclusion that reason and rationality have no place on this site, so you will disregard what is writen no matter what is writen")
I happen to be very much against drugs in general, but I think right now I'd rather be on the side of the drug-users in this forum than with you.

prometheusisback said:

I have come to the conclusion that reason and rationality have no place on this site, so you will disregard what is writen no matter what is writen. By the way, I am not Baron, there is more than one person in Ohio, and I can spell correctly and argue. This is yet another example of your all's lack of intellegence. Maybe you could see this if you stopped smoking the pot.

Translation;
I feel that many of the members of this forum have a lack of reason and rationality. I feel that my arguments are disregarded, no matter how sound I believe them to be.
I am not the user who goes by the name of BARON SLAYER214. The state I reside in has a considerable population. I also am proficient in both spelling correctly and debating.
This, I feel, proves that many of you are lacking in intellect. Perhaps my words would be more clear to you if you were not participating in the consumption of illegal substances.

NiGHTMARE said:

Nope, that's incorrect. The equipment required to create pills is pretty easily obtainable, and not too expensive IIRC.

Besides, I didn't really mean substances were added/extracted to individual pills (although that does happen), rather that dealers add all sorts of other, identical-looking pills to their stash.

Easily obtained? Doubt it, and if you want the equipment to have support for the weird ass designs you see on ecstasy pills I'd think it would become expensive. If you're trying to make pills to replicate the ecstasy pills you already own you'd need to get it to be the same color, same design, and same shape. Ontop of that pills come in waves, you might have certain types of pills one month that you'll never see again once the new pills come in, so if your machine can't be custamized it's worthless.

Speaking out of experiance I have never met anyone that owns something like this, true it's not something someone would want to show off since it would automatically make you not want to buy from that person. But generally if a person has pills, they're all the same, if they're good, they're all good, if they're bad they're all bad.

Even if you got one of the cheaper machines chances are it would only be able to make, round plain looking pills without a design. Not a lot of people would be willing to buy something like this, and if they were willing, you might as well be selling asprins to them.

here's the deal:

WHen you legalize drugs, use, INITIALLY, increases. Unless you then say how much of a drug you can have, or how much you can take, and legislate the moderation, then there will be increased abuse, as those who find it harder to obtain drugs, or those few who are dissuaded by the law, will be able to get more, and do so without fearing repercusions. This means more abuse.

Also, use would mean that the "stupid people", or "morons" would use it still, possibly more people who are stupid will use them more, and more people die from the actions of the "morons", which would not have been a factor had the drugs not been around in the first place. I will win this.

Also, by y'all's logic, that there are alternate causalities to the effects that drugs have, war kills people too, does that mean that we do not try to stop the day to day murders, becuase people could die in a war, or in an auto accident, or in an accident at home? That is the most ignorant argument which I have ever heard. If this is but one step, then it is one step, but a step which must be taken, not taken away.

Hyena, people are telling me that my friend died because the driver was a moron, not in any way the fault of the drugs. And I can vouch for the driver, that he made wise decisions when not on weed. Although, you would have to take that at face value, as you would not know, obviously.

So drugs are bad because they're illegal, and they're illegal because they're bad? Don't you think it's a bit fucked up that 90% of your issues with marijuana wouldn't exist if it was legalized. All those stories of kids that fucked their life up because they were caught selling wouldn't exist anymore. For one it wouldn't be profitable to deal marijuana anymore and for two even if you did and there wouldn't be any chance of fucking your life up because of it.

Uh, first, if it were not profitable to deal, then the drugs would not be dealt. Ok. I think that Gas is legal, and profitable, as is anything that is sold. Companies sell things. Uh, I don't know what you mean here, I guess?

Second, sure, the kids wouldnt have to go to community college when, with financial aid, they are Harvard stuff (seriously). But that doesn't mean that the people who sell from other nations don't keep their companies and dealings, and they don't continue to kill their enemies. These "businesses" are not as regulated as they are here in the US, and with free trade, the other nations that produce the drugs cheaper would receive the business. So, we continue to support foreign terrorism and murder, cool.

Would you also have us give sympathy to the man who puts his hand in the woodchipper?

If that man did that, and that somehow debilitated two other people, his best friends, and then he had to go to jail for 6 months to a year, and then he couldn't go to college, dropped out of high school, and felt total remorse, and understood that what he did was bad, then yes. I would have sympathy, but I cannot make you have it.

People will take drugs whether they're legal or not. All I'm saying is its better to educate people on the dangers of drugs and allow them to make their own mind up than trying to force them with laws and prosecution for possession.

First, we can educate without the legalization.

Second, the law is to protect other people, see the example of my
friend.

Third, you don't have the right to drugs, they are mearly a privelage, and illegal one, that some people have, and that means that neither should you have the legislated right to smoke. That kind of trivializes other rights, like equal protection, due process, etc, doesn't it?

This made me laugh for real. Very entertaining.

Well, AndrewB, I hope that you can find humor in the deaths of your friends and family. Becuase they will die, and I bet you that you will not appreciate someone laughing at that, saying "THis made me laugh for real. Very entertaining." I also don't find the Darwin Awards humorous, but maybe you do.

If it was made legal then people wouldnt have to obtain it through criminals.

hmm. If it is legalized, these people are not criminals, until they kill people, or do other things. And they will still be the source, see the conceeded Free Trade argument, and also the fact that they will still be the source of some, if not all, of the production. THey just don't go away. ANd the murders they commit are not always drug related, sometimes they support terrorism, as in Afghanistan, and also in Columbia. The deaths of civilians, and enemies, and other dealers, and those who attack them through the press. Not in my name will this be supported.

ALso, for more reasons and proofs as to why drugs can be/are bad, I point you to the military. They have, before '96, and sometimes afterwardsm given amphetamines to their pilates on long missions, and even combat missions. THis has, as some studies have found, caused multiple friendly fire incedents, esp. in some battles in Kosovo, Bosnia, and some in the First Gulf War. This is an example of Drugs, not being abused, causing negative consequences.

Also, when you are high, you are much easier to appease and control. Just sayin', look out for good old BB.

Also, in Papua new Guinea, the resurgence of drug trafficing has lead to an increase in armed violence and murder in that country. Think of the other people that you are affecting.
Here is my source for this one: http://www.geodrugs.net/mini-lettres/AEGD%20GB%208.pdf

From that same site, There is proof that Drug Cartels are, in fact, setting up their own governments around the world, and reeking havoc on those which oppose them. They are also preventing the punishment of their constituents for both drug, and non-drug offenses.

Also from the same site, Drug Cartels in Mexico are gaining power, and have been/are being run by the militaries of these nations, the same militaries which oppress their citizens, and force many to live in landfills, etc.

Also, from a different issue, the Taliban did receive funds from drug trades out of Afghanistan. They attempted to close many different farms and traders which were not friendly to them, however, they left some open to receive funds, and try to soften their image with the UN. This site is: http://www.geodrugs.net/mini-lettres/AEGD6GB.pdf

From that same issue: Weed is funding cultural genocides and political murders in Npal by funding the new Maoist revolution, and various other companies that run out of China. This is destroying the local culture, and people.

Also, from a different site: The drug sales in Burma were funding militarism and furthering of oppression of individuals. It was the militaries largest income. Here is this site: http://www.geodrugs.net/mini-lettres/AEGD2GB.pdf

Another question that I have is what about prescription drugs? SHould you need a prescription to get them?

ANd to this I say yes. It is VERY easy to overdose on morphine, percocet, etc. I have examples of this from my summer as an intern at a law firm, where the doctors at a hospital gave a lethal overdose to a patient without knowing. The chart is a red-flag. But still, if trained people screw up, why wouldn't you?

That is all for now, more later, unless I am banned again for some reason.

Grammarbot said:

Translation;
I feel that many of the members of this forum have a lack of reason and rationality. I feel that my arguments are disregarded, no matter how sound I believe them to be.
I am not the user who goes by the name of BARON SLAYER214. The state I reside in has a considerable population. I also am proficient in both spelling correctly and debating.
This, I feel, proves that many of you are lacking in intellect. Perhaps my words would be more clear to you if you were not participating in the consumption of illegal substances.

Hehehe, this made me chuckle. :D
For some reason it made me think of Mr. Rodgers. :D

Hello Neighbour. :D
Also reminds me of the Beta song. :D

Hyena said:

Where the hell did that come from? Nobody even said anything about your friend.

Actually, read a few posts back and mewse said he died because he was stupid or something.

prometheusisback said:

Second, the law is to protect other people, see the example of my
friend.

There are laws against driving when intoxicated for this reason. People should be prosecuted for driving while intoxicated because they are dangerous to others. Getting high doesnt mean you're instantly going to get in a car and start driving around wildly.

Third, you don't have the right to drugs, they are mearly a privelage, and illegal one, that some people have, and that means that neither should you have the legislated right to smoke. That kind of trivializes other rights, like equal protection, due process, etc, doesn't it?

This isnt about "privileges" or "trivialising" other rights. If I'm harming nobody but myself why should there be laws to stop me?

fraggle said:

If I'm harming nobody but myself why should there be laws to stop me?

Because your mom apparently didn't do a good enough job.

"Uh, first, if it were not profitable to deal, then the drugs would not be dealt. Ok. I think that Gas is legal, and profitable, as is anything that is sold. Companies sell things. Uh, I don't know what you mean here, I guess?"

He means, it's illegality as of right now makes the price high. IF it were to be legalized, the price would drop. Why buy it from a possible thug criminal if you could go to a store get it cheaper with no hassles?

"First, we can educate without the legalization."

Yeah, we can...we aren't though, maybe we should.

"hmm. If it is legalized, these people are not criminals, until they kill people, or do other things. And they will still be the source, see the conceeded Free Trade argument, and also the fact that they will still be the source of some, if not all, of the production. THey just don't go away. ANd the murders they commit are not always drug related, sometimes they support terrorism, as in Afghanistan, and also in Columbia. The deaths of civilians, and enemies, and other dealers, and those who attack them through the press. Not in my name will this be supported."

Whatever, I know where my weed comes from. I can say with much assurance, that, that drug money funds BestBuy to some extent.

"ALso, for more reasons and proofs as to why drugs can be/are bad, I point you to the military. They have, before '96, and sometimes afterwardsm given amphetamines to their pilates on long missions, and even combat missions. THis has, as some studies have found, caused multiple friendly fire incedents, esp. in some battles in Kosovo, Bosnia, and some in the First Gulf War. This is an example of Drugs, not being abused, causing negative consequences."

Why the fuck are you bringing up speed in an attempt to prove your point about marijuana? Always a clasic tactic by those like you. We were discussing marijuana, and you slightly shift your argument to another drug? what next? The dangers of aspirin?

I've driven with high drivers many a time, yes, I've been a little scared, but really, not all that much. I have NEVER driven in a car with a drunk driver. EVER.

Also, some legal drugs are also dangerous. For example, Adderal, which I take, can cause (and in my case, I have shown some symptoms of these) things like elevated blood pressure, insomnia, and in some cases, insanity and possibly death. So by your logic, since Adderal can really fuck a person's life up, it should be illegal, right?

That's bad when AndrewB chews someone out and everyone agrees with him.

AndrewB said:

_________ ____.

Whoops! Spoke too soon!