Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Livo

Xbox sucks...

that's worth of another topic, but it does not suck at stopping bullets ;)

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6084935.html

Xbox deflects real bullets
Irate Marylander shoots his roommates' console, but the 9mm round fails to penetrate its casing.

When called to investigate a shooting last Friday night, police in Anne Arundel County, Maryland found an unlikely culprit--an Xbox.

The Baltimore Sun reports that 34-year old Robert Preston Kersey had grown enraged by his roommates constantly playing their Xbox at high volume. According to the police report, Kersey emerged from his bedroom at 2 a.m. brandishing an automatic pistol. Rather than shoot his roommates, Kersey took aim at the offending Xbox and fired a single shot at the console. While the bullet's impact disabled the Xbox, its thick plastic casing deflected the 9mm round, which ricocheted away harmlessly.

Other than the Xbox, no injuries resulted from the incident. Kersey was later booked on two counts of reckless endangerment and one count of destruction of property.

Zoorado said:

What's next? Xbox controllers as weapons for the Army?

That's certainly no bad idea, but it has to be modified a bit - armies could outfit their soldiers with game consoles to fight their counterparts in a deathmatch :-P
Yes siree...

X-Box is only cool if you mod it, but I don't recommend trying to mod a system you want to use on X-Box Live (you, your serial key, your X-Box, your everything will get permanently banned). Find a crackhead looking to unload his system for $30.

Tyockell said:

fuck shootin it wit a 9 take a 30 06 to it.

Translation;
I believe a nine-millimeter handgun would not be as proficient in this task as would a more powerful firearm.

Grammar Bot 3.0 said:

Translation;
I believe a nine-millimeter handgun would not be as proficient in this task as would a more powerful firearm.

HAHAHAHA!

i must say it is rather well built, but hell nothing like that. must have been a shit bullet or bad angle. i have seen cardboard change a bullet's coarse.

i was first getting a PS2 but found i hated it after a month of use. so i reluctantly bought an X-box, i was like man this thing is gonna suck.

well it hasnt so far. and it is afairly well built system, compared to whats out now.
the bad

PS2 too weak and shoty electronics
game cube, too many kids games
Xbox a bit big and not much room for upgrades

the good

PS2, plays PS games and has a large library
gamecube, better games are out and upgrades (and price)
X-box, hard drive, netwroking and many games

Tyockell said:

fuck shootin it wit a 9 take a 30 06 to it.

Grammar Bot 3.0 said:

Translation;

Best post ever.

Translation;

This post has proven iteself most exemplary and to be a worthy addition to the forum bandwidth.

Rofl.

Chief: "Sargent, replace all standard SWAT flak vests with XBOX game consoloes"
Sarge: "May I have permission to speak freely, sir?"
Chief: "Sure"
Sarge: "That's the dumbest idea I've ev....wait, can I get Halo for mine?"
Chief: "If you wish"
Sarge: "You're a genius, sir. I'll get right on it!"

footman said:

Rofl.

Chief: "Sargent, replace all standard SWAT flak vests with XBOX game consoloes"
Sarge: "May I have permission to speak freely, sir?"
Chief: "Sure"
Sarge: "That's the dumbest idea I've ev....wait, can I get Halo for mine?"
Chief: "If you wish"
Sarge: "You're a genius, sir. I'll get right on it!"

Inside pun...Chief/Masterchief. OMG

Anyway, that was pretty amusing, funny even. Except the game in question is Fatal Frame, not Halo. : /

30 06, .45, 5.56, 7.62 or .338 would do the job better

I won't mind using an xbox at a shooting range as my target..

A bullet proof Xbox vest?
Well yea, if you're worst enemy is movement, and your best friend is being crushed into the ground under the sheer monstrous weight of an Xboxs (let alone a whole vest of them).

Job said:

I fucking love Xbox.

EDIT: And Xbox loves me.

Wait... your Status says you love homosexuals... your post says you love x-box..

Your X-Box is homosexual?