Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Are there any girls there?

anyone got some intresting D&D style Pen and paper RPGs or card game stories to relate? or heck, even tails from text based MUDs of old?

Lets find out how socially retarded you really are!

PS. For bonus points++, what D&D Shenanigans is the title from?

Well, i introduced a friend of mine to D&D, and he wanted to dm, after playing a char in ONE session. He thought he had it all figured out. He was genuinly interested and bought a ton of books. I hate dming anyway, so i let him. He had what i call "Final Fantasy" sindrome. His "campaign" was set in stone...in his ignorance he set up every session before we even played one...I mean, we players weren't allowed to deviate from what he wanted us to do.

I tried explaining to him...he said he understood...but he really didn't. He would tell us what our characters were doing at any given time, and become upset when we wanted them to be doing something else.

On top of that, he didn't understand the rules very well. I was pissed off that he wouldn't listen to me, and i knew i could cheat and fuck up his ideal STORY he wanted tell. Needless to say, i created a druid and would equip whatever the hell i pleased, use whatever fucking spells i wanted...I didn't go to extreme though. I'd only cast spells of my level, but i used arcane and divine spells and whatever else i could.

Long story short: He had no idea how cheatingly powerful my druid would eventualy become. I ended up killing an important NPC, by summoning a red dragon no less, that just wasn't SUPPOSED to die in his view of things. Then I gave some dumb "dragon book" to a balor...That wasn't SUPPOSED happen either. Then, i told my friend to fuck himself and either write a book, or learn how to play. Then i quit.

Ct_red_pants: what are girls anyway?

"Okay but of if there's any girls there, I want to do them."

OMG I actually caught that reference. Dead Ale Wives... It's a classic. Honestly, I'm not really into D&D, but I have some friends who are obsessed. My non-D&D friends and I actually use it to make fun of my D&D friends. Evil, yes, but you don't know our group of friends.

geekmarine said:

"Okay but of if there's any girls there, I want to do them."

OMG I actually caught that reference. Dead Ale Wives... It's a classic. Honestly, I'm not really into D&D, but I have some friends who are obsessed. My non-D&D friends and I actually use it to make fun of my D&D friends. Evil, yes, but you don't know our group of friends.

Can I have a Mountain Dew!

Sure...

Hey, does anyone want some Cheetos?

Galthran, you are now surrounded by ogres, what will you do?

But didn't I see them?

No, you were in the dark.

But I cast Mordenkainen's Faithful Watchdog.

You didn't tell me.

You didn't hear me.
[from downstairs]
There's ogres? I have an ogre-slaying knife, plus eight to slaying ogres!

Bloodshedder said:

There's so much more to it than that. Besides, it's +9.

It was a quick recap. And about the +9...oh.
-Funk Factor-

"I cast Magic Missle!"

"At what? There's nothing there!"

"I'll cast it at...at the darkness!!"

"I am Galthran, Warrior of Light!"

"Then why'd you have to cast Magic Missle?"

Mmm..heh. Anyway...

Yeah, I have about a million stories to tell. I'll just start with how I came to play it.

It started in 6th grade when I knew this kid who played it. He kept telling me how it was played, but it sounded very alien to me. Nonetheless, it got me interested. A year later, my Grandpa got me a D&D module called Night Below: The Underdark Campaign (man, I wish I still had that), thinking it was a computer game. It was missing like half the stuff for some stupid reason though, and my mom sent it back to my grandpa. He ended up sending it back to me along with a PHB, DMG, and a tube of dice. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a gaming group until 9th grade. That didnt turn out to be very fruitful either. This guy named Mark (who is now a good friend of mine) ran my frist campaign...badly. We had 2 sessions of that before it dissolved. Then my friend Jeremy ran a campaign for maybe 1 or 2 sessions, and that also went under.

It wasn't until the summer before my senior year in high school that I really got into it. I had recently bought all the 3rd edition books and got interested in the game once more. I wanted to play, so I asked around, and my friend Eric asked Mark if there were any games going or something. It just so happend that Jeremy was looking for a game too, so we all got together and started a campaign with Mark as the DM. We are still playing that same campaign to this day...it's been 2 and a half years! Anyway, I've met a ton of people through it, and have played various other campaigns. We have about 20 people in our gaming group, and some of our campaigns have as much as 12 people at a time, so it can be a little chaotic. Havent played for a couple months though, between school and everyone working now. Oh well.

I had a pretty silly dm.. I was a cleric with a cat that followed ,e around named Snit. Anyway, we got into some trouble and I got hit in the head with a stone. The dm was like ' a 4 on a d4 says she lands on her cat'. The cat had to be carried from then on.

I had a barbarian woman named Taundra who learned to make a meal during a campaign.. it was henceforth known as 'craft dinner'