• Hammer Suit
    • Music Box
    • P-wing
    • Rock Smasher
    • Shoe Suit
    • Tanooki Suit
    • Whistle
    • Fire Flower

The videos of the guy who played through all 8 worlds also avoided being pulled in by all 3 hands when he moved over those levels... but then he entered them voluntarily. That's probably easy to do in a TAS run. :)

Scuba Steve said:

That video bothers me. He uses the warp whistle to go to the warp screen then uses the other to go to world eight. I may not have played Mario 3 in a while, but I'm almost positive that when I tried this as a kid, it simply warps you down to the next level of warp zones (5,6,7) not straight to 8.

What you did was warp whistle and then enter one of the 2,3,4 worlds. Then you used the other whistle. That would indeed take you to the 5,6,7 pipe section.

A lot of people seem to fail to understand the concept of using the warp whistle inside of the warp whistle world. Quite different from using a warp whistle from inside one of the real worlds.

Lizardcommando said:

What's the deal with the anchor? I've never been able to get it. What's it do and where do you get that thing?

If I recall, it stops the ships from Moving (I believe stops a Boss level from flying away if you do not suceed in passing it the first try.) :D

Lizardcommando said:

What's the deal with the anchor? I've never been able to get it. What's it do and where do you get that thing?

In every world (except world 8 I think) there is a level where if you collect a large number of the coins (usually pretty close to the maximum possible) then a white mushroom house would appear on the map which rewards you with an item. In the even numbered worlds it's the anchor (it's not that great, considering how rare it is and what you have to do to get it) and the odd numbered worlds give a P-Wing, which is much better.

EDIT: Reread what I posted and by logic there wouldn't be a White House in world 8 since it would give up an anchor, and since the only airship level there is immobile, it would be useless.

In order to get the anchor, you have to collect every single coin that could possibly be obtained in a level that has the P-block. In other words, you have to collect every normal coin, and then collect every "brick" in the level as a coin while the P-block is in effect. It has to be every single coin without exception.

2-2 and 4-2 are maps in which this is possible. 4-2 is probably the easier of the two.

Anyway, it's a pretty darn useless item.