Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

NewDoom's disaster

Total redesign, wonder if they will make it look different this time. There's only 1 thing that pisses me: i don;t understand why the hacker did this (no one could have a good reason for killing a forum and it's community with it)

I know with ultimate bulletin board, you could pull threads out of your cache, but does php get cached?

My thinking being, we could restore a few threads from people's cache's...

Planky said:

I know with ultimate bulletin board, you could pull threads out of your cache, but does php get cached?

My thinking being, we could restore a few threads from people's cache's...

It probably isnt cached, and in any case you'd have a very hard time reconstructing threads from the generated html.

Not right now, of course. On a slightly lighter note, when was the last time you saw Doom_Dude's postcount in the single digits?

Finally, I might get a bigger postcount than dd! :D

Im looking at some cached copies at the moment, so I'll start coping the info (mainly the legacy forum, rants isn't so important)

Ichor said:

Not right now, of course. On a slightly lighter note, when was the last time you saw Doom_Dude's postcount in the single digits?

Id give my postcount and have it locked on zero just to get one forum section back. :p

Damn its hard just trying to remember the various sections and how they were structured.

Yessssssss! We can finally beat DD in the post count!

That still sucks though, everyone back to 0. =\ You have some cached stuff Planky?? Sweetness!

(you wouldn't happen to have the "rules" post in cache that was in rants that I made, would you??)

GoldEyes said:

Yessssssss! We can finally beat DD in the post count!

That still sucks though, everyone back to 0. =\ You have some cached stuff Planky?? Sweetness!

(you wouldn't happen to have the "rules" post in cache that was in rants that I made, would you??)

I still have part of rants, I'll see if I can get the rules thread. Im on my work pc at the moment, but my pc at home might have more.

Ninja, the simplest way is in IE, check 'go offline' in the file menu, and put in the forums address. It won't work if you visited the forums when it was being trashed - you'll just have cached copies of utter crap

Fire up IE (if you have that...), go to Internet Options, select "Settings" in the Temporary Internet Files frame and then press Show Files. At least I thank that are the names on an English version of IE.

Edit Nm, you guys are speedy...

Maybe the person who did this had the objective of bringing the rival sites together! *group hug*

Hi there, old and new buddies! Was a great shock for me, too. But I'm pretty sure, we'll get over it in no time.
It even had it's good sites. I never knew of doomworld, just expanded my horizon! :-) And it feels good to see people from all over the world, who even don't know each other, sticking together like old friends! A great experience, maybe it's even worth the trouble!

Okay, since this is the only thread allowed about newdoom, I guess I'll tell you all about SUPERRPG's future.

I just came home from school to learn about this hack, I'm kind of in a state of confusion of what to do. SUPERRPG is not a anti-newdoom game, it's a anti-naziadmin game based off of WMull. I still have the knowledge WMull has something against DW members because of some event (which I dont feel like yammering about). Until I know what to do, SUPERRPG is in a halted state.

I'm left with a few options, here's what they are.

-Continue the game and make some changes.
-Stop the game so WMull doesnt go crazy
-Not Sure

I admit, some of the things on ND are a bit odd (like the repititive topics) but this is a tragedy indeed. If you dont know what the hell SUPERRPG is, I'll nag the link to the original thread in a bit. I
wanna nap.

EDIT: I am getting some developments about this issue from #zdoom. Once I get enough info (like who the fuck did this) I will continue the story and complety change some items (the ending).

If you ask me, Newdoom needs the Painkiller.(refer to Judas Preiest for the answer)
Hey Nephill. Nice to see another Newdoomer show up here. It's funny how we seem to be coming together on this one. It's nice.

Goldy, I have sent you a copy of the forum index. If there is anything else, I'll see want I can do.

I found a whole load of newdoom PHPs in that directory mentiond earlier. I think it contains each individual thread. I also found some show forum PHps as well. Is this of any use to Phoebus?

The forums are back up (sort of), and the administrator access seems to have been fixed.

Arghh..
I just deleted all my offline content yesterday.. all together about 200 MB, most of it probably NewDoom content.
Talk about bad timing..

The best of luck on rebuilding everything that went down, Newdoomers.