Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DiablO2

Half-Life error

I just got my new computer and all, and first things first I installed some games, and then I grabbed half-life and popped it in my drive and the installation setup goes to 99% (in other words, none of the game is installed) and then it fails, and never installs, I made sure the game was clean and all, and it just keeps happening. Does anyone have any help?

yea, ask in a half-life forum.

kidding, if you installing in XP or win2000 that could be it. however i dont recall any win200/XP issues with halflife, i have never had any and i am useing a very old version (original version).

maybe a dirty disk or scratched disk?? try cleaning your cd drive. also a small factor could be check that your hard drive is defraged, i know AvP was that way as well as other games if you had a fragmented drive.

Installer programs can just conk out like that sometimes. Usually with the odd game I unstall, it stops at the "Preparing to launch setup wizard....." and I end up waiting many minutes before it keeps going (if at all it does work).

Go figure.

I think more than half the people who own Half Life have a pirated copy because there is no burn filter thing.

My copy of HL is legit. But it didn't come with an instruction book, only the CD booklet. I think they messed up.