Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goliath

Your Favorite President.

You're right Blood, it wasn't, but that doesn't matter to Vietnam vets. My fathers friend Herb thinks Nixon was the greatest president ever simply because he got him out of the jungle. :/

Oh No Its Kyle said:

Here's an example:
Atheist - "Would you like to come to our church?" "Your god is bullshit, biblethumper!"

Ah, in that case you've just been talking to the wrong people. As an atheist I'd like to distance myself from that kind of ignorance. I could never be that dissmissive of another person's beliefs.

DooMAD said:

I could never be that dissmissive of another person's beliefs.

The belief of my person is that everybody (except me) must immediately suffocate themselves with their own feces. I will consider failure to obey this demand blatant dismission.

the point I was making was that it's not like Nixon was this great humanitarian who stepped up and ended the war right off the bat. Ending the war obviously wasn't one of his first priorities.

Without a doubt.

Fredrik said:

The belief of my person is that everybody (except me) must immediately suffocate themselves with their own feces. I will consider failure to obey this demand blatant dismission.

Isn't American spelling wonderful?

Janderson said:

I believe we recently had a brief talk in the Doom3 section :-p

Oh my God its God! Heh.

Hey, when were you in Oman anyway? I was out there for a few years. I have trouble finding people who've heard about the place, let alone actually been there. The place seems to be a well kept secret...

I was there for three years from 97 to 2K attending BSM (Brit school muscat). Yea, I have only known five people who know where Oman is or believe that it is a real country.

An unknown country? Heh, cool. I want to start a semi-unknown country where the only thing illegal will be any kind of abuse besides self abuse but have a strike force command Big Brother thing going on to catch abuseive people and lock them up. All sorts of people would come to live there and then do something stupid like drunk driving and we send them away to our prison to rot. :)

Nixon was a drunk, and George Bush was(is?) a cokehead. he's his father's puppet, 'nuff said.

Goliath said:

Yes but LBJ did alot for civil rights, it is just Vietnam is all that people know about.

LBJ was actually a vile racist who used the N word over the White House phone repeatedly and even while he shook Martin Luther King Jr.'s hand, he had FBI agents following him around behind his back, and not to protect him either (which they obviously didn't).

I'm fairly sure his motivations for appearing to back civil rights were purely political, since he himself didn't give a crap about them.

DooMAD said:

Wow, generalising a bit aren't we?

usally because it is christians in the US. i have never been harrassed by a US muslim or jew. however it has always been christians.

why? its nothing about christians. its just the fact that it is the dominant religion in the US. if the dominant religions was islam, then i would hear it from muslims.

my only problem with religion is when people take it too far or as so stuck up about it. some people are so close minded it is sicking.
my mom has a friedn who is very ultra-fundalmenatlist catholic. infact they are the reason i have my legal name. however the sad thing is that their kids have to suffer. these children could never pass an standard test, except in math and reading.
they where taught no history, only the bible's version. no science and no art. i teased the kids before because of some anti-semetic things they said. everytime i see them i do a goose step, called the oldest daughter "der Führer"
it doesnt matter what religion they are, they just took it too far. even athesist go too far. even my ancestors went too far.
no religion is pure, right or correct. it is that idea that causes greif, pain and bloodshed. yes i would rank religion as one of the things that pains the human race. however it is not any one religion

now WTF! this is a god damn thread about presidents. how the fuck did it get into this

best preisdent ever... you know that guy... who got stuck in a tub cause he was so fat

Religion is just a means for control. It gives people a piece of mind and good feeling that they are not alone. And im not saying that there is no god, I just have a major problem with organized religion. The people in charge have way to much power and it goes to their head. I no jesus wouldn't want his church to use their power as leverage over people. But if you still dont agree with me look at it this way, can you think of any conflict where man killed man in the last 3000 years that didn't involve religion.

Any way if we can't get back to the topic then someone close it.

Sephiroth said:
best preisdent ever... you know that guy... who got stuck in a tub cause he was so fat

What is this? some kind of tube?

Goliath said:

Religion is just a means for control. It gives people a piece of mind and good feeling that they are not alone. And im not saying that there is no god, I just have a major problem with organized religion. The people in charge have way to much power and it goes to their head. I no jesus wouldn't want his church to use their power as leverage over people. But if you still dont agree with me look at it this way, can you think of any conflict where man killed man in the last 3000 years that didn't involve religion.

Any way if we can't get back to the topic then someone close it.

I see your finger is not getting better is it? :P

POTGIESSER said:

Nixon was a drunk, and George Bush was(is?) a cokehead. he's his father's puppet, 'nuff said.

And to a lesser extent, Kennedy was a womanizer.

Goliath said:

But if you still dont agree with me look at it this way, can you think of any conflict where man killed man in the last 3000 years that didn't involve religion.

Ghengis Khan's campaigns, Napoleon's campaigns, WWI, WII, Desert Storm, just to start off... now go read a book before you talk or something...

On topic: Jefferson.

Fredrik said:

More convenient.

Yeah, we really don't want all those extra u's and stuff in every word.

Goliath said:

Im not jewish, but my moms family is, so it is the same thing. By the way Wilson is the best president with FDR in close race behind. And ofcource my boy Reagan.

Ah yes, you mean Woodrow Wilson, the racist KKK member who hated everyone not of his race including Germans? Good choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodrow_Wilson
http://www.pressroom.com/~afrimale/wilson.htm
http://reason.com/links/links121802.shtml

Anyway, my favorite president is Jimmy Carter.