cheese factory
sorting bolts
security guard
hiding boxes of legal document, putting them in basement
freelance computer tech and building
newspaper
exterminating pests
inventory stuff

so i have done alot now that i think about it. wierdest was the cheese factory. however the best was sorting bolts. sat in a chair for 10 hours and sorted bolts for $16 and hour. best thing about that one was i had a partner who decided to quite and thus i got all her hours.

Seph, no nuts?
just bolts.... man, talk about a screw job.

oh, and for the record, I have a dream life... but perhaps I fit the nerd category.

Post-Grad of a techinical institute, now working 12 hours nights at Texas Instruments where I manufacture op-amps, ICs and other semi-conductors. Also contantly pushed/bossed by snobby engineers that cracks me up everytime they speak to me.

WildWeasel said:

I'm a senior in high school and I don't have a job yet. Nor do I have a driver's liscense, or a girlfriend. Video games are my life, or they would be if school wasn't such a high priority.

That's an almost perfect description of me. Oh and my parents love to bitch about how lazy I am and how i don't have a job.

I'm an adverage game player (play all games besides sports games {eliminate racing, fighting, and action sports from that list}] player, soon to be "The provider (i.e. provide lots of pics for weapons for ripping, even reload pics, refire, and many more, even making a mod with all these kreed rips.....just need....a coder and a drawer)" Also, I have a chance to be a....EB GAMES CLERK! MUHAHAHA!

I'm a High School Senior making decent grades in the forested depths of Western Canada. I don't have a part-time job, but I work on-the-side when I can. I tried driving a car - didn't like it, so I stopped, now I save a bundle and take the bus or accept a ride when somebody offers. I pride myself in being sensible with money and making it last.

I have an $80,000 life insurance check and my neighbor, a financial investor, waiting for me when I turn 19, plus I inherit my house with my dad, and we start making joint rent funds from our tenant lineup.

Basically my life will stay pretty uneventful and unstressful, so I can devote all my time to being my career-crazy girlfriend's bitchslave. Who knows - maybe I'll get out of the house someday.

Wish me luck.

2nd-year University of Washington student, poly-sci minor, mechanical engineering major, math club treasurer, math grader (paid), and three weeks short of becoming 19.

I also play/map Doom with my spare time.

corrupt_marine said:
Well, so far ive found out that there are 4 types of doomers:

1. Nerds
2. "I hate life"
3. Unemployed
4. People actually doing sumthin with their life, like college etc.

Uh, incidentally, that's how you can classify ALL people. ;-)

3rd year University Student (chemistry). I also make maps for doom sometimes.

17 (18 on 12th Nov.) year old who left school in June to pursue an engineering career in the royal navy. Now waiting to begin my training in march while trying to get seasonal work in a local hotel to earn money. In my spare time I work out 3 times a week, Make Doom maps, (which are currently on hold) wait until my birthday to get my copy of Doom 3 and generally spend most of my free time at the compute seeing as there's nothing to do here but read and watch TV which just sucks. I also like to hang out with some friends of mine, playing pool and such like. Meanwhile, my internet 'life' consists of surfing various websites, including loads of Doom sites, newdoom regular. And up until recently was stalked by some bitter ex-friend of 13 years by the alias of Diablo, who loved to check my profile and read my posts without actually posting for a whole year, now banned. Also under risk of being turfed out of home due to the fact that my Dad's workplace may be closing so we mave have to move out, to where we don't even know. Isn't life great?:p

I was sure I had replied to this post. Oh well.

I'm a 19 year old University student studying Computer Games Technology. I map for Doom occasionally but I haven't done for a while, which is a bit of a shame since I have a lot of unfinished maps. I guess I just have to be in the right state of mind for it. I have been playing a lot of video games recently, mainly GTA:SA which rocks.

Oh yes, as an addition, I also enjoy going out and getting drunk.

im 20 years old and run a magazine, for now. My education is close to nil. ill probly get a job as a graphic designer sooner or later. For hobbies, i chat online, make music, make movies. Well I WILL make movies after i buy a camera this week. Im thinking getting a digital camera, but im not sure if thats the best desicion...

21 year old as graphic designer for six research institutes and their administrative entity. No college, never bothered to finish high school.

I be 15, in High school, grade 11 so far, I don't have a job as I don't have a pair of eyebrows, it seems rather useless for me to apply for jobs when I have one eyebrow and fairly bad complexion. :D Which I will wait out for a few weeks. My days consist of school, homework, spending as much time as I can with my girlfriend, playing games every now and then, and sleeping when need be. :D

I'm currently 16 years old and work at a local drive-thru convenience store called Swiss Farms. I bring in a mere $80 a week, but that's ok because I'm usually busy with school anyway.

I work very hard in school and am considered one of the more intelligent students. Despite not pulling the best grades, I find that it's better to have stupid numbers on a card and have more street smarts than it is to bury your head in a book and have no common sense whatsoever.

My passion is music. I am currently involved in many bands, the most prestigious being the Swarthmore college Jazz Band (6th highest rated liberal arts school in the country). I may attend college for music, but then again I may attend for physics instead. I play a variety of instruments but accel on the trombone.

Since some people mentioned their doom side of life, I'll just mention that I am the creator, founder, and leader of Unidoom, a team dedicated to producing high quality wads and high calibre deathmatch abilities.

I'm one of the smartest people at my high school in history. My lowest percentage grade ever was a 89. I help my dad at work(he's a lawyer) and get paid 1/4 of what he gets paid, which is either $150-$1,500 a week. And THAT is why i live in a nice condo in downtown Chicago.

I'm a Lab Assistant at Cytocell, who are a company that manufactures probes for checking people's DNA to check if they have, or are likely to pass on, genetic diseases such as Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle cell ect ect.

well, doom was the first game that i actually did editing with. but i also tried with engines like ghost recon, return to castle wolfenstein and other crap like that, but it was always too complicated for me, i prefer the simple layout of zdoom. so my dad owns his own business in amory, a computer business, and hes super smart when it comes to programming. he runs servers and such, so if i ever need to put up my own site, its free. which i am going to do soon, all DOOM of cource !!! My dream: going to a video game university and becoming a graphics designer. im really good with my drawing, so i guess thats where id fit in best...

21 year old kitchen porter in an old folks home / mental asylum. Working towards finishing my first book and seeing about publishing.

Kaiser said:

I manufacture op-amps, ICs and other semi-conductors.

I WANT YOUR JOB :)

Currently I design the analogue front ends for oscilloscopes. My last job was designing the audio, power and battery charging electronics for public safety/military telecomms.

Use3D said:

Underpayed administrator.

An oxymoron if ever I heard one.

I clean plates in a chippy, that was until the season changed and they cut my hours to zero, it's a good job so I don't want to quit, but the boarding house won't let me have two jobs. I'd be better off if they fired me. I'd have been cleaning tables and serving by this point too (£++).

EDIT: Oh yea, I win money/cancel old debts with Texas Hold'em.

darknation said:
I love you too fods. Just remember who'll be cooking your food in a few years time.

HA! HA! :)