Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

New Nintendo Controller Revealed

I still dont know if its going to be a good controler or not. Maby it could make it a hell of alot easyer playing metroid prime. Moiving the remote to aim could be fun.

Ralphis said:

Here is the commercial they made for the Rev

You killed my father! *large breathing* MORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTALLLLLLLLL KOOOOOOOOMMMMMMBBAAAAATTTTTT!

I heard three Heretic sounds in that commercial, but I'm guessing they were all from a sound library. That's usually where they come from...

Bashe said:

I heard three Heretic sounds in that commercial, but I'm guessing they were all from a sound library. That's usually where they come from...

Yep. Same as Doom. I would be interested in a dentist simulator as well :P

The sounds in Doom are not all from a sound library, and even those that are have been modified. For example, Prince mixed in his own voice imitations of effects. And a bunch of them are original, like Romero's greeting and the Arch-Vile's death sound (a young girl saying "why?").

Is it "why" multiple times? Because the archvile's dying sound isn't exactly one single syllable.

mallis said:

hope they rerelease the NES zapper. Because this is the same fucking idea, only 25 years later.

Somebody doesn't get it.

Somebody doesn't get that I'm merely pointing out an error in factual observation and am in no way teling anyone what they should or shouldn't like.

Look. I realize that the new Rev controller doesn't look or work EXACTLY like a light gun. But I support the sentiment in this case, if only to further the notion that "THE NEW CONTROLLER LOOKS GAY". There's no reasoning behind it, I'm not going to write a dissertation on the finer points of its gayness and, for all intents and purposes, I don't want to be convinced that it isn't.

There are people out there who are excited about this. There are fence-sitters. But as for us, the "this is gay" crowd, we speak of gayness in colossal proportions. The gayness cannot be defined through conventional means, nor can it be harnessed by measure. If I were not a cynical man, utilizing my powers of dismissal and the contextual usage of the word "gay", my head would surely explode. The sheer fagnitude of this controller and the concept behind it warrants the use of such nonsequiter comments (used in lieu of, and indeed in the hope that someday, a rational explanation for this bastardization of an interactive medium may be offered).

Short version: when I envision playing with this thing, I see myself having more fun plucking my asshair. Ergo, I make baseless commentary. Anyway, it's just an opinion.

I've seen a one handed controller for the PSX before. Althought it was no where near this thingmabobber. It'd be good for RPGS, which don't really require the finese' that most games demand. I still don't know whether to laugh or cry. Nintendo has enabled people to play games and masturbate at the same time. All they need to do is find a way to incorporate a toilet, fridge, and microwave and people will spend their lives in front of it.

POTGIESSER said:

All they need to do is find a way to incorporate a toilet, fridge, and microwave and people will spend their lives in front of it.

That's what the attachment port is for

Numbermind said:

words

Well, on the one hand I'm glad you consider me worthy of sharing the visions of homosexuality that occupy your mind, anal hair plucking being one of them apparently, drawn out by simply looking at something akin to a TV remote. On the other hand, that's a bit of information I could frankly go without.

It's just a game controller man. Nothing to get so worked up about.

For fuck's sakes, guys, you can use the frikkin' Gamecube controllers if you're too clumsy for this thing. I for one think it opens up a tasty new can of gaming deliciousness. I remember scoffing those crazy DK bongos before I knew any better...

Gimme a day with a devkit for this thing and I can think up of some incredible stuff.

As for the naysayers, I don't mean to be rude but I think some of you slightly lack imagination. Again, no offense. And if mods have a problem with this line, just edit it out. But not the first line.

Ralphis said:

I am right positive that Baten Kaitos will be making yet another appearance. Like the DS, the Revolution control scheme is perfect.

Baten Kaitos.... mmm.

I have so many opinions on that game. And seeing a sequel to in on the Rev could be great.

(Makes a mental note to talk to ralphis about Baten Kaitos)

Baten Kaitos 2 is already in development for the Cube. That's another good game to look out for, hopefully it wont be as linear as the first one though. The Cube is dying, that's for sure, but it's going to go out with a bang.

I think that the next next gen consoles (PS4, nintendo revolution 2, xbox 361) will be so realistic that it has a built-in eyetoy and it senses your every move. So, in FPS for those ones, you would control when you shoot by, well, maybe firing a plastic gun (theyve had that since the 70s) but you control your every move, such as walking, running, falling, and such. But, however, this would have many falts, like every other idea of mine.

Bashe said:

A young girl saying "why?" Whoa...that's trippy.

Off-topic: I find your posting right after Fredrik amusing because your avatar is his flipped upside down. MIRROR! :P

As for the Rev...I'm already thinking OMFG what can I do with this? Though admittedly I have a lot harder a time imagining for this thing than imagining something for the DS. Touchscreen seems more multipurpose to me. This admittedly seems a little hodgepodge and insane if still intriguing to me.

I don't know about you, but for the insignificance of your reply you're about 18 days behind everyone else.

Also, if you don't prefer any innovations at all the XBox 360 is the way to go. rock

Read Ralphis post. You are bumping a old thread with useless info. We dont care if you dont like the controler now. Maby 18 days ago we would have but now we dont.