Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kid Airbag

Down to 4 (warning: sports related thread)

Who's it gonna be  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who's it gonna be

• Denver Broncos
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Carolina Panthers

Danarchy said:

The Steelers only won because of some bad calls. Any way you cut it though, it was a very close game.

That and the bad clock management by Seattle didn't help much.

Danarchy said:

The Steelers only won because of some bad calls. Any way you cut it though, it was a very close game.

Right, which is why if the Pats had not duffed up in Denver, they would have slaughtered both those teams on their way to #4.

Danarchy said:

I'm pretty tired of explaining how the only call you can really point to as being bad was the goofy "low block" call on Hasslebeck's tackle on Ike Taylor's interception return.

The Roethlisberger TD was completely inconclusive either way. You can't really tell where the ball was on any of the replays and the ref called what he thought he saw and you can't argue that.

The OPI in the end zone was perfectly legit according to the rule book. Jackson fully extended his arm, pushed off, and created separation. Chris Hope actually jumps backwards about six inches and thus was no longer able to make a play on the ball. You can argue that OPI is "never called" and how Mike Irvin used to get away with it all the time and blah blah blah but when it happens in the end zone about eight feet away from the back judge it's going to get called.

Locklear's hold was somewhat debateable but after watching the play again, it's pretty obvious he illegally impedes Haggans' route to Hasslebeck. Haggans timed the snap count perfectly and blew right past Locklear, and if he doesn't cheat the play ends in a huge sack instead of a huge completion.

The only reason the refereeing is being made into such a big deal is because it was a pretty lackluster game apart from a few big plays so the media needs to find stuff to harp about.

Right, which is why if the Pats had not duffed up in Denver, they would have slaughtered both those teams on their way to #4.

This is a funny statement because the Pats did "duff up" in Denver while the Steelers ripped the Broncos a new one on their way to #5. All of this "what if" conjecturing is really stupid, pointless, and almost downright childish. Then again, I wouldn't expect anything less from a Pats fan.

You almost had the moral high ground bit nailed, until the very end there. Case and point, Steelers fans are frauds, they're a bunch of lawyers and insurance salesmen, and you can tell they share a state with Philadelphia.

Kid Airbag said:

The Roethlisberger TD was completely inconclusive either way. You can't really tell where the ball was on any of the replays and the ref called what he thought he saw and you can't argue that.

In all fairness, they should have called for the same down to be repeated.

"Even if God is from Seattle, the referees were from Pittsburgh."

I changed that quote a bit, but it still fits. I'm not saying that Steelers didn't win. 11 points leads ain't shit, but as always the referees chose to play in the game as well.

...even after Seahawks' challenge Roethilsberger's TD was accepted... oh come on!?

Anyways, great show, If they were transmitting it more often in Poland (not the SuperBowl only + some brief news)...

Quast said:

had roflbergers's td been called back seattle still would've lost by 4. seattle failed to score after both interceptions, however pittsburgh scored after their only. seattle also missed 2 fgs

If were were just down by 4 then I'm sure the hawks wouldn't have panicked like they did in the last 2 minutes of the game and probably could have scored enough to put them in the lead.

gatewatcher said:

You almost had the moral high ground bit nailed, until the very end there. Case and point, Steelers fans are frauds, they're a bunch of lawyers and insurance salesmen, and you can tell they share a state with Philadelphia.

I'm not the one resorting to whiny what-if bullshit here. I actually have facts on my side, not "WAAAH TOM BRADY THREW A BUNCH OF PICKS HE USUALLY DOESN'T DO THAT"

...even after Seahawks' challenge Roethilsberger's TD was accepted... oh come on!?

The thing about instant replay challenging is that in order to overturn the call on the field, there must be absolutely indisputable evidence that what was called on the field is wrong. Not even the most gigantically ignorant homer could possibly think there is any conclusive evidence that Roethlisberger was stopped short. In every single replay and every single still shot I've seen, it's practically impossible to tell where the ball actually is. Happening at game speed, you can't fault the ref for calling it either way, and no matter which way it was called it would have been impossible to overturn.

Danarchy said:

If were were just down by 4 then I'm sure the hawks wouldn't have panicked like they did in the last 2 minutes of the game and probably could have scored enough to put them in the lead.

I could just as easily come back and say that if the game had been anywhere near close the Steelers wouldn't have wasted most of the second half dicking around with 2 and a half yard runs by Jerome Bettis.

In any event though I like seeing Dan getting into sports :)

gatewatcher said:

Wait until next year!

I predict 2006 to be the year of the bengal and continued media dry humping of peyton "D-CAF" manning and the indianapolis chokes. I forsee seattle returning to wherever the fuck they had been hiding for the past 30 years. I also see 0 scandalous incidents with the vikings and the oakland "76ers" will continue to suck

gatewatcher said:

The Steelers would have still been raped by the Pats, history tells us so. Wait until next year!

History tells us that the Steelers have two more Super Bowl titles than the Patriots do so I don't know what you're getting at.

It really is a shame you're not on our schedule next year but it's cool, I can wait until the playoffs...if you don't let Miami overtake you, that is.

gatewatcher said:

up yours