Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMENSTEIN

Dick Cheney Shoots Friend In The Face

MailmanTS said:

Believe it or not, the Republican party was founded by abolisionists, people who believe in human equality and the outlawing of slavery.

Well, that is true but the party is very different these days. During the civil rights movements, the parties were still divided as they were during the Civil War, though no longer in name. The northern democrats were mostly pro-civil rights while the southern ones were very much against it. Then when the whole civil rights movement began to heat up, it basically split the party with Strom Thurmond leading the Dixiecrats. Unfortunately for them, the Dixiecrat party didn't go very far so they instead chose to finagle their way into the Republican party so they'd have more support. These ex-Democrats running to the Republican side were the neo-conservatives and it is basically these same people who are now in charge of the Republican party. It also seems to me that the neo-cons seem to be giving more and more power to government systems while historically the republican party was pro-small government. They claim to still be working for a small government all the while doing the opposite. That's why the Libertairian party has been growing so much in recent years. A lot of disenfranchised republicans are jumping ship.

You know, while the Republicans often say that that Democrats are lacking in party loyalty, it's this very unwavering solidarity that the republicans have which is mutating their party into something different, something (from where I see it) the majority of the party members don't realy believe in but support just to save face.

MailmanTS said:
I'm a Republican...I don't want the whites and blacks seperated, I want us to almost completely forget that we even have differing skin colors, and I want us to live together without race even being an afterthought. The late great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., one of my heros, is now having his ideologies mocked by these race baters, and it makes me mad.

How? People's values, mannerisms and general identity are strongly tied to their natural upbringing (which is something that's to a very high degree private.) You can't forget how you speak, how you look, or the way you move; at least not much unless you somehow replace it with something else... with what? And the issue doesn't involve just blacks and whites; any "subcultures" would count.

myk said:

How? People's values, mannerisms and general identity are strongly tied to their natural upbringing (which is something that's to a very high degree private.) You can't forget how you speak, how you look, or the way you move; at least not much unless you somehow replace it with something else... with what? And the issue doesn't involve just blacks and whites; any "subcultures" would count.

"How" is a very good question...what I am talking about is my ideal society, where race is not real. This is how I wish things were, but I know the difference between real life and wishful thinking, which is what I believe seperates me from idealogical liberal college professors...They try to present their ideal societies as workable and possible in today's society.

I never said that race will disappear in the near future. Neither am I pushing for it, because I know it's not possible right now.

But maybe in the distant future, when people wake up to the real issues. But again, this is wishful thinking, and I try to keep those idealogical opinions out of my political mindset.

Anyway, this has been a good conversation, I'll give you guys the last word. Then let's wrap up this subject before things get outta hand (as they do when political conversations are not properly managed!)

God Bless

Regards,
~The Mailman

MailmanTS said:
"How" is a very good question...what I am talking about is my ideal society, where race is not real. This is how I wish things were, but I know the difference between real life and wishful thinking, which is what I believe seperates me from idealogical liberal college professors...They try to present their ideal societies as workable and possible in today's society.

As far as I know or I've seen, college professors (plus researchers and other intellectuals, naturally) discuss theories without necessarily implying a direct practical value, kind of like when some coder releases a program with a disclaimer against guaranteed usability.

Then let's wrap up this subject before things get outta hand (as they do when political conversations are not properly managed!)

Be sure to read the part in the FAQ about backseat moderating, as you seem to have missed it, or we'll have to hand you over to the Iranian secret services. One gathers you'd like to stay clean, especially while being "on parole" and when posting in political threads, after what happened the other day.

Also...

MailmanTS said:

More over... is there anyone here that is not a Liberal????

I would really like to know if anyone here...

A.) Likes Bush
B.) Is a Republican
C.) Is Conservative

A.) Likes him as a friend?
Likes him as a human?
Likes him as a politician?
Likes his Policies?

B.) or a Democrat?
or a Libertarian?
or a Green?
or a Communist?

C.) Socially Conservative?
Conservative Foreign Policy?
Fiscally Conservative?
"Conservative"?

yes there are non-liberals on these boards. I believe Grimm was one (which made him fairly unpopular unfortuantly because he was a nice guy as far as I could tell, i think he retired from the community because of the insults) and Ralphis also is a Republican afaik. I really have nothing against Republicans but a lot of them can be stupid. Likewise a lot of Democrats can be stupid. I just lean away from Republicans because if the Democrats werent such conforming wusses, Id lean that way probably. But right now, both parties suck IMO. The two party system itself sucks as well IMO, and it goes against what our founding fathers hoped for in the first place, because like they said it would, it became about power not politics.

also, TSMailman, heh my bad, I personally cant stand Bill Oreilly or his principles. And if I talk about politics to my friends who like him, they piss me off too. But they are my friends and I can get along with them otherwise, so no offense, it's just when it comes to politics I cant stand him and the side of people that likes him.