Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MikeyScoots

Game recording programs

Can you guys help me find some good game recording programs that can record from emulators. If any of you guys remember those super punchout times I posted i got back into the game and got close to all the records and would like to compile my own speedrun. Thanks.

Bloodskull said:

Can you guys help me find some good game recording programs that can record from emulators. If any of you guys remember those super punchout times I posted i got back into the game and got close to all the records and would like to compile my own speedrun. Thanks.

You probably need a screen capture program, but they are extremely system-intensive.

snes9x and zsnes both allow you to record demos and i'm pretty sure fraps will record them as well

Bloodskull said:

How the hell else are you going to record a Snes game speedrun?

Record it with a vcr and capture the video when you're done?

Find the program called "Fraps". Google it. You hit a hot key and it'll record whatevers on your screen at the time until you hit the hotkey again to toggle it off. As exp said, however, screen capturing programs are memory hogs. I wouldn't use a screen capturing device on anything that takes alot of memory unless you had a gig of ram or somewhere there in. I have a gig of ram and I can fraps in World of Warcraft with little decrease in performance, but take that for what you will.