Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Foofoo

so whats the deal with Quake?

whats the central story of it? like all the quake games seem disconnected from one another. whats the connection of them all? if any.

Bloodshedder said:

None. Well, except for Quake 2 <-> Quake 4.

You forgot Quake Wars. Wich could be considered Quke 0 since it is the start of Quake 2/4 story.

and whats the story anyway? :( is it just some alien invasion or something?

Heh, I was completely unaware that Quake 4 was out or that there was something even going to be called Quake Wars.

Quake: Strange creatures from a Hellish dimension are invading through experimental portals. Kill them.

Quake 2: Aliens have invaded Earth. You're part of the counterattack and have been sent to their home planet. Kill them.

Quake 3: Godlike creatures have kidnapped you and a bunch of other warriors, some of whom look very familiar. Kill them. (The warriors, not the Arena Gods. But have more fun killing other people online.)

Quake 4: See Quake 2.

Play Quake 1 if anything. It’s like Doom but in a full 3D world. id really did a great job creating a dark and grimy atmosphere in the world of Quake, by mistake no less. The two add-ons also really contribute to it as well. I also thought Quake 2 was a solid shooter, although I found it overly easy and the back tracking was annoying.

Quake 3 will forever be my all time favorite online FPS despite its name was only used for a sales gimmick. I found Quake 4 rather slow and tedious, and the weapons didn't work for me at all.