Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Abadox is hard...

Might aswell own up to it. I suck at platform games.

SMB 1-3
Castlevania
Donkey Kong
Earthworm Jim
Heart of Darkness
Chronicles of omega
Doesn't matter.
I don't think I've ever beaten any 2d platform game, in my entire life.

Oh, scratch that. I have beaten all 4 maps in Rick Dangerous 1. Not the sequel though, that game was fucking insane. (the maps would just not end, they are somewhat huge and nonlinear so you loose track of where the fuck you are) :p
Let us also take into account that the only consoles I've owned was a PS and the GBA. So, I didn't get much practice on the NES platform games. :p (although EWJ, Heart of Darkness and Chronicles of Omega were computer games.. but that's bseides the point. :p)

Anyway.
My nemesis game was probably "Return to genesis." I did get past the first level. But it was a frustrating ardous task. Because the ship is moving very fast, bounces against walls. And there's "alpha mapped" textures that is shrouding the enemies.

I don't think I ever beat the second map though. Still, I found it pretty fun. :O

kristus said:

Might aswell own up to it. I suck at platform games.

Same here, but I'm worse at scrolling shooters, though. My eyes simply refuse to see all the tiny projectiles coming at me.

Maybe the guy would pass the first level if he would shut his hole while he played. Whoa, I'm closing in on post number 755, a number I've heard a lot of lately on ESPN. heh

I remember the Shadow of the Beast series on the Amiga being pretty damn hard. I absolutely refuse to believe that anybody has ever even come close to beating Shadow of the Beast 2 without using the 'Ten Pints' cheat right at the start. The game is just too damned long and far too hard (and I don't remember it having any savegame or password options either). I doubt anyone has ever even survived longer than 10 minutes without cheating.

I also remember the original Shadow of the Beast being pretty hard, though not in the same league as its sequel. I remember I played it absolutely religiously for a while. I was even able to complete it... once. I then went on holiday somewhere for two weeks and was never able to return to form again.

DOOMENSTEIN said:

I got a good one for ya...who remembers "Kid Chameleon"?

Oh man, I loved that game! But I don't think it was so much a hard game as much as an incredibly long game.

Hardest games I've ever played are:
Chakan
Shadow of the Beast 1 & 2
B.O.B. (more long than hard, and the time limits for most levels are unforgiving)
Mick & Mack - Global Gladiators (similar difficulty to B.O.B.)
Kid Chameleon (Long, and no passwords)
Zombies ate my Neighbors (Freakishly long)
Bubsy (Crappy Controls and Long Levels FTW)

That's pretty much it. Even these games I can beat, it's just a chore in some cases to do so. The only exceptions being SotB 1 & 2, which I have never beaten without cheating.

The hardest games I've played are:
Metal Storm (on expert anyway)
Section Z (it was easy at first, but but so mixed up near the end that I gave up on it after being sent back to the same level the hundredth time)
Wizardry (it's not that much fun walking around a dungeon with so little health that the guy behind you could sneeze on you and you'd die)

I have another one: Destruction Derby 2. It was basically impossible to win a race, regardless of your skill.

One of the hardest games I've played was f-zero for the nintendo game cube. The cars were just to damn fast. But then again I'm not that great at racing games, don't play them enough.

Another hard game that just came to mind was Ninja Gaiden for the xbox. I gave up on it and sold it to a friend, I almost broke my controller trying to play that game.

Scuba Steve said:

Haha I just played Abadox for the NES and got to Level 2 on my first try.

Same here! I don't know what that guy's problem is, but it's not that hard. I get the feeling he might have faked some of it.

Snarboo said:

Same here! I don't know what that guy's problem is, but it's not that hard. I get the feeling he might have faked some of it.

Maybe he just sucks at those types of games like me. I've never played this one, though.