Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Gun control

Ban all guns, ban them now. I dunno what it is with you Americans, are you all so obsessed with holding large phallic objects and being able to kill your neighbour in a drunken argument over his cat and why it keeps shitting on your garden, that you will happily ignore all the murder, pain and suffering which the US gun culture produces.

Over in the UK guns are outlawed and it should be same everywhere else as well. If you are a civilian, you don't need to keep a gun its as simple as that, and if anybody wants to argue with me, go ahead, but you will be wrong, and I will be right. And that's that.

hitler had control.
stalin had gun control.
mao had gun control.

these mass murderers would agree with you, gun control works:P

1. Guns don't kill people...people kill people.

2. Who says all people that use guns are irresponsible drunks? Are policemen irresponsible? Is the military irresponsible (that's debatable)?

3. It's called gun "control" for a reason. Yes, I do believe that a person must be responsible to use a gun, but let's not make them flat out illegal. About "obsessiveness", I for one I'm not totally thrilled at the idea of owning a gun. I only see them as a means of self-defense. They can actually be quite helpful, if used right and responsibly.

W3RD

There is no reason to own a gun. The military needs guns to fight their battles. The police POSSIBLY need guns, though they could do just fine with a billy club and a tazer. The government could rent out guns for wildlife poulation control squads (which civilians could sign up for), so the deer and such can be downed easily. Otherwise, there is absolutely no right. Guns wander into the hands of kids, druggie, and idiots too often for us to let just anybody own them. Its sad that in this country, 2 15 year olds can order several large guns and come to school, killing 20 people.

The bottom line is, learn to sword fight! :)

I took up knife throwing! and I can do that bishiop finger thinggy off aliens!

oh, and I aggree that only solders and poloice should have guns.

for fucks sake, It is harder for a solders in war time to get a blot action rifule, then it is for the average amarcan Joe to pop round to the local gun shop and pick up a bloody grate AK-47!!! That said, if I was an amarcan, I'd probloby keep a .45 or two under my pillow.

1. Guns don't kill people...people kill people.

But guns make it a hell of a lot easier and more convenient.

Gee, all this coming from DOOMers......

Anyway...

I only see them as a means of self-defense. They can actually be quite helpful, if used right and responsibly.

Need I say more?

One more thing: remove all guns, and you won't even need one to defend yourself with because no one will attack you with a gun.

mwhahahhahah, wait for deadnail's reply.

Or mine.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, and spoons make Rosie Odonnell fat.

Pacifists and gun controllers. Two groups of people I have absolutely no sympathy for in any form or fashion. Reasons to own a gun: self defense (the government can't come to all of your beck and calls when a criminal who has obtained an "illegal" gun and broken into your home to destroy you, your property, and your family), hunting (matta 'o' fact, I'm going hunting tomorrow), sport (snipering, trap-shooting, ranging), overthrowing your unjust government (Lockean theory of government: if it's bad, overthrow it. How shall we go about doing that if the government bans firearms, takes them for themselves. How?).

Bottom line: law abiding citizens should own guns. As for kids and guns, that is the parent's reponsibility, not the government's. BOTTOM LINE. The parent knows their child the best and know if their child can handle being around firearms. NO, that does not mean that they should leave their guns withing their kids' reach. Here's what I mean: I first shot a .22 pistol with my dad at the shooting range when I was 6 years old. He was there the entire time. He taught me. He EDUCATED me. He knew that I was the type of person who could handle it. And here I am 11 years later. I can handle it. Have I murdered my classmates and neighbors simply because my family owns firearms?

Israel currently has the lowest Israeli-on-Israeli crime rate in the world. All adult male citizens (sexist) are required to own firearms. Do you think criminals and thugs, the type that danarchist is talking about, will think twice when deciding to open up on a country of responsible gun owners (not just Israel, any country)? An example of this is the terrorists. Why did they use planes and Anthrax? Why didn't they just use guns? Because they knew that if they tried to do their evil acts on innocent civilians, those civilians would fire back. They would be fighting the entire nation, not just the government and its feeble attempts to defend its entire population.

Banning firearms for the fuckups of a select group of asswipe parents who had their heads inserted into their rectums is about as logical as having an elite group of people rule over us (*cough* hey danarchist, the "upper class" and "proletariat", SOUND FAMILAR?)

Pacifists and gun controllers. Two groups of people I have absolutely no sympathy for in any form or fashion.

You need to shoot yourself with a gun.

Israel currently has the lowest Israeli-on-Israeli crime rate in the world. All adult male citizens (sexist) are required to own firearms.

While I agree with certain points of yours, and I too dislike pacifists, what you wrote above is wrong. I live in Israel. The Israeli law not only doesn't require to own firearms, it forbids it. You may only legally own a gun by a permission from the proper insitutions (government, army, police). However, it doesn't mean no one has guns. Most Israeli citizens regularly serve in the army reserves, sometimes 30-60 days a year, especially with the current war situation. Those who serve in combat units are legally allowed to carry guns. I am not sure, however, whether they are allowed to carry them when they're not on duty.

I agree with Shady about guns and such, but...It doesn't matter. I'd like to see the American people try to overthrow their own government...they wouldn't, couldn't because they're too patriotic, AND, because they were told they could have guns just for that purpose. It's all reverse psychology. Anyways, yeah, guns do not kill people, people kill people, as they say. I would like to see a pacifist to disprove that statement, thank you very much.

"guns do not kill people, people kill people"

That is a retarded thing to say. Why not also state:

- Bombs don't kill people. People kill people. Let's sell "terrorist-kit-for-beginners"! Yahoo!

- Drugs don't kill people. People kill people. The people who use them do. Let everybody buy cocaine in the supermarket! Yay!

It is true that a weapon does not fire itself. But the person who pulls the trigger wouldn't kill then if the trigger was removed.

If the trigger was removed, dumbass, it would be a TOY gun. And for christ's sake, you can kill with knives, what're you gonna do, make them all blunt too? Oh, and what about bare hands? gonna shackle everyone? Shut up and stop wasting webspace.

I quote Lüt on this, guns do make it easier to kill people. Face it. Knives are tools. You use your hands to work, wipe your ass etc. Guns have the purpose to make killing easier. It is obviously ten times easier to kill someone with a gun than with your hands or even with a knife.

It is pointless to argue with an american about something american, because the american usually fails to see things in an objective way.

In the USA, the amount of murders commited per capita is WAY higher than in any country of the world where you're not allowed to have a gun. Face that one. Maybe you're the next person to get shot.

Actually no, South Africa has hte highest percentage of murders, Fredrik, and I believe they attempted strict gun control. And all tools were originally weapons...and despite the fact that you can wipe your ass with your hand, you can also crush someone's windpipe with it, too. The gun is considered a tool because you can hunt with it. They also use it in paleontology (sonar) when they can, and it's used for sports because they're too lazy to shout "go" at the top of their lungs.

Now if you DO think that guns are tools, why do you also argue that you should use guns to kill people?

It is pointless to argue with an american about something american

I say it again.

This debate is wasted, because there is no way you can get an american to realize that the society he lives in would actually be a lot better without guns.

I say it again.

This debate is wasted, because there is no way you can get an american to realize that the society he lives in would actually be a lot better without guns.

You're right. Then again you are wrong. To say that society would be better is an assumption that could be very inaccurate. Let's say that gun control in the US were enforced. All this is going to do is limit law abiding citizens. The guns don't dissapear. Things don't change. Granted, a lot of accidental shooting would be averted, but situations that guns were meant for... self defence, etc. would be negatively affected. Granted in time the almost non existant supply of guns would catch up to this (assuming that guns would not be produced illegally, which they probably would) and things might turn out as good as you imply, but you have to wonder how much time needs to pass for that to happen.

Americans are spoiled by their rights, and it is needless to say that the government would never get away with, let alone try to, taking the guns from its citizens. More than two hundred years building upon a "misinterpretation" of the Bill of Rights insures that. I think a lot of people feel that having guns insures that they can keep their other rights intact... a sort of failsafe on their freedom. Little do they know that those very rights are being swept away from them while they aren't looking.

I personaly don't believe in using guns myself. I don't hate them... I more see them more as a "shiny new toy" (like that lovely FN-P90) to play with, but I have no desire to actually use one on a person. I prefer swords and fists when it comes to fighting of any sort. If anyone tries to ban that... well, I'd smack him upside the head.

Yeah, the problem is of course that you can't easily get rid of the guns... because if you outloaw them, people would aquire them in illegal ways etc.

My point is that the society would've been better if there were no guns from the start.

Bah, England may have banned guns but that does not mean America should do the same thing. If we wanted to ban weapons we would have to ban EVERYTHING!!!!! You can kill people with knives, hatchets, axes, bottles, broken glass, large objects, bricks, baseball bats, and cars just to name a few. Damnit, you could kill somebody with damn near anything.

I can kill anyone with any object. Just name it. Guns are for cowards that don't know how to kill people the hard way. But the real problem is that Americans are complete idiots.

I say that from an American standpoint, for everyday I step outside or turn on the television, I see millions of idiots. I can't believe how stupid these people can get. Only 1 out of every 500 Americans has enough brainpower to even know right from wrong. And you know who's fault it is? The governments! Gadammit I'm tired now...,dddd,d;rui