Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kristus

E3 downsizing, to E1.

One source added that the new format of the show may actually result in a more productive environment to demo games to the media, although they stopped short of full disclosure: "My lips are sealed until after the weekend," the source said.

That's probably right; less people to see how lame the games are and complain, and less people to bribe for good reviews!

hopefully this means the development money will be spent on development of the game and not hype and purty graphics.

leileilol said:

hopefully this means the development money will be spent on development of the game and not hype and purty graphics.

I doubt that will happen. Everyone will still make a big deal about how awesome the graphics are or how realistic the physics engine is... They probably could care less if the game is playable or most importantly if it's even fun.

What, games can't be fun and look good at the same time? Oblivion has amazing graphics, and it's a blast to play. I think people get hung up on the graphics and think a whole team of developers just works on that the whole time. It's quite the contrary, actually. I know I'm stating the obvious here, but each person has a different part of the game they work on. I read the credits for videogames, and hardly any people work on the graphics, there's tons of people who work on playtesting and programming the game.

caco_killer said:

What, games can't be fun and look good at the same time? Oblivion has amazing graphics, and it's a blast to play. I think people get hung up on the graphics and think a whole team of developers just works on that the whole time. It's quite the contrary, actually. I know I'm stating the obvious here, but each person has a different part of the game they work on. I read the credits for videogames, and hardly any people work on the graphics, there's tons of people who work on playtesting and programming the game.

I think I shoulda been more specific on who "they" are. I meant they as in most gamers nowadays, not the game makers.

caco_killer said:

Damn oblivion! Been playing that one lately meself.