Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Do Crushing Ceiling/Wall traps exist in Reality?

Maes said:

Which brings us to the question, are there real lava/nukage traps in the real world?

Active volcanoes?

Maes said:

Which brings us to the question, are there real lava/nukage traps in the real world?

I think acid, lava, molten metal floods can be anywhere in real world, often for industrial purpose.

I think crushers can be created in real life, without electricity, by using the wind- or water-mill effect.

yomoneyboat said:

Typical right-wing conspiracy theory.

I would think as a quote attributed to Mao, it would be,

"Typical left-wing conspiracy theory."

Get your wings right. heh heh

i fall down stairs a lot (because im anorexic and i get dizzy real easy) so technically, any flight of stairs becomes a trap for me...

Maes said:

Well, if you consider signs saying "warning radioactive waste" on a barb wire fence in the middle of New Mexico a nukage trap, then they do exist. Although other traps of a similar nature exist, such as tanks filled with lye, or sillage tanks from mines that process gold that are teaming with cyanide and other industrial byproducts. I wouldn't say that a trap using molten hot lava or nuclear waste would be very reliable though, since they're both very unstable substance, the trap wouldn't last very long. It would either be destroyed by the substance under it, or the substance would move along it's merry way and the trap would be null.

Jello said:

Well, if you consider signs saying "warning radioactive waste" on a barb wire fence in the middle of New Mexico a nukage trap, then they do exist. Although other traps of a similar nature exist, such as tanks filled with lye, or sillage tanks from mines that process gold that are teaming with cyanide and other industrial byproducts. I wouldn't say that a trap using molten hot lava or nuclear waste would be very reliable though, since they're both very unstable substance, the trap wouldn't last very long. It would either be destroyed by the substance under it, or the substance would move along it's merry way and the trap would be null.

Thats not exactly a trap though, to be a trap doesnt something have to have the intention of suprising you? In real life you usually know nuclear waste/lava is nearby (maybe not blood though...).

Well, if you're dumb enough, and can complain loud enough and get a decent lawyer, you can prove anything is a trap.

yomoneyboat said:

Active volcanoes?

they don't have open, possibly explosive barrels full of molten lava sitting there patiently and neatly arranged right inside the lava pool, clearly they don't count

Also, lava is really, really slow. You'd have to be retarded to fall into it. Well, I guess you could fall through brittle dried lava into a lava tube, but you have to go out of your way to find those, and at least in Hawaii those areas are marked.

EANB said:

Thats not exactly a trap though, to be a trap doesnt something have to have the intention of suprising you? In real life you usually know nuclear waste/lava is nearby (maybe not blood though...).

You know in Doom, too. What are those POISON signs for? They often warn of anescapable pits.