Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

dreams about Doom?

Then explain to me why I, after growing up very close to Sweden, still don't understand when some Swedes talk, while I speak and understand English a lot better than my avarage fellow countryman.
Oh, and you probably mastered the language so quickly, because you were BORN in Sweden. (pointin' out the obvious).

Anyway, my older brother and his g/f have just come home after living a little more than a year in Sweden, and the g/f speaks fairly good Swedish (I mean, she can communicate decently with Swedes and it sounds Swedish in my ears, so..), but I'm a different type of person, and I just have a hard time figuring out Swedish pronounciations.

Oh, and I hope you didn't take my post about Swedish being on my "ugly language list" serious.

on my fourth year of french immersion. I can think in French. BTW, whoever posted the "s'appelle" thing before did it all wrong. i forget now, but it translated like, "I call myself (sic) a dog" I know it sounds bitchy, but i just thought i'd point it out.

...passé composé still baffles me.

...passé composé still baffles me.

nah, that's a sinch it's the future imperfect that's tricky. I got an A in French, I should probably have done it at A Level.

For once I agree with sleepy_boy, learn Klingon. It sounds awesome, isn't too tricky, makes perfect sense both phonetically and grammatically (because it was constructed in one go rather than evolving as a series of compromises over hundreds of years like our languages) and the only people who will be able to argue back will be Star Trek übergeeks, lol.

Was a joke, btw ;P

Yeah, I thought so, but I have a habit of prolonging such jokes, by seeming as if I take it too serious :-)
Just my type of weird humour.