Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David_Dweedle

Any reliable Source ports for Rise of the Triad for windows XP?

Trying this Winrott GL thing but everytime I save I go to re-load and it puts me squished way into some cramped space where I cant move or do anything..

Anyone know an Alternative source port. No DosBox since it dosn't support better screen Resoloutions.

Unfortunately, I too have found WinRotT fairly unreliable (crashes, sometimes failing to start etc). I'd like an alternative as well but I don't know of one.

Enjay said:

Unfortunately, I too have found WinRotT fairly unreliable (crashes, sometimes failing to start etc). I'd like an alternative as well but I don't know of one.

Sigh.. everytime I save a game i'll have to save it 3 times in 3 slots because sometimes when I go to load it loads me in a cramped small sector where u cant move etc.

leileilol said:

ROTT ports are a unfunctional feature-creep GPL violating joke. I'd just stick to DOSBox.

I wouldn't go that far. The source port used for the PSP port of ROTT is pretty nice, and no violations there at all. It uses SDL, so using it in Windows shouldn't be a problem. The BIGGEST problem I can see is it's still just 320x200, and uses SDL to stretch it to the actual screen size.