Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Toenail

Edit and Delete broken?

Is it just me or are the Edit and Delete functions of this forum broken, or are they disabled?

If I try to edit my message, I click save changes and it does not update.

If I try to delete my message the site claims I do not have permission to access the page and asks me if I'm trying to edit someone elses post or to access administrative features.

Anyone else getting these problems? It's very irritating.

Bloodshedder said:

You cannot delete your own posts.

I've always wondered why. If it's to prevent someone who makes an ass of themselves from backpedalling, they can just edit their post into nothingness.

If I recall correctly, it's because when you delete the first post of a thread, the whole thread disappears.

Which is rare enough, I'd think.... almost all the time, it's just a legitimate mistake

edit: that was a reply to Danarchy, not myk, heh

Danarchy said:

I've always wondered why. If it's to prevent someone who makes an ass of themselves from backpedalling, they can just edit their post into nothingness.

I'm sure it's also to prevent 'FINE IM LEAVING' drama queens from deleting their own shit.

DuckReconMajor said:

Is this 2 years after the last edit or the original post? That seems like it would be a problem if it's a thread for an ongoing project.

Last edit/post. Obviously, or else the music thread wouldn't be here still. That thing is like 5 years old now.

Danarchy said:

Last edit/post. Obviously, or else the music thread wouldn't be here still. That thing is like 5 years old now.

Well, that's not one you go back and edit for an update. I was thinking more along the lines of "Okay guys, Update #459, some more screenshots...crap"

DuckReconMajor said:

Is this 2 years after the last edit or the original post? That seems like it would be a problem if it's a thread for an ongoing project.

Two years from the datestamp on the post, according to this note I found in another thread.

The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 1051920 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.

Which means that - as of today - the first 112.8 pages of the music thread aren't editable. Captain Toenail's posts are all less than 2 years old so I don't know why he'd be having difficulties editing.

Unless there's some sort of forum software technical limitation in the way, I don't see a problem with allowing deletion of your posts as long as it's the last post in a thread. :?

Perhaps it's part of the challenge. Make sure your post is good cause it ain't going anywhere.