Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Doomworld confessions

Not really DW forums related, but once I created a Furry forum account for the Skulltag forums called "KillaJunglePuma" and did nothing but troll with it, and misspelled literally every word. It was a social experiment. Nobody thought I was trolling, they just thought I was as dumb as countless other ST forum users.

DuckReconMajor said:

I'd been posting for several months before I even considered trying to make a map.

I am pretty sure a lot of people have done that.

Confessions? ...uhh not really much to say on my part, other than that I used to be lupinx_resurrected I was generally a huge idiot. But I am mostly open about that kind of stuff.

I probably wouldn't care about Doom at all now if I had known other games existed when I was a kid.

Most of the time I post here I'm avoiding something else that I should be doing.

I'm actually more cool than I've been letting on.

Creaphis said:

Most of the time I post here I'm avoiding something else that I should be doing.

Same here.

Creaphis said:

Yeah, me too. I'm working on an essay/browsing Doomworld as we speak.

Mattfrie1 said:

I prefer the console ports of Doom over the original PC version. ;)

Ahhh... Your one of those gooble gobble types.

I actually don't enjoy Cybie, but only pretend to, so that I could have a feeling of belonging somewhere.

Furthermore, the above confession was written for me by Jodwin, because he felt that my previous confessions sucked so I told him to write me a new one.

I sometimes suffer from dissociativity and feel like I can only truly connect with people from behind a keyboard even though I am well liked and popular in real life.

Technician said:

Ahhh... Your one of those gooble gobble types.

And what is that supposed to mean? :P

Once I turned off the music on Doom and blared some Michael Jackson music. No one was home except me. ;)

Prince of Darkness said:

I do not know how to make doom maps, and yet I post regularly on a doom forum.

This.

I have a shit-ton of ideas for maps and mods. However, I can't pull myself away from my hobbies long enough or get a break from my college work to dabble in using DB2, XWE, and/or Slumped. ):

Also, I do know how to use image tags. However, I browse the forums as a guest/offline so much that I thought it was normal just to post the link to the image. That and the whole 'Stop quoting images, dumbass' macro led me to believe that image posting wasn't allowed/disabled. Ah well. At least I have a custom title now. [:

When I was still a n00b when it came to computers, I only used Doom95 and Doom Legacy to play wads and if they didn't play them, I'd delete them without reading the readme.txt to see what was the issue.

Despite how much it annoys me when people make wads that are port specific, particularly ZDoom with all it's decorate and mapinfo junk, Skulltag is my most played sourceport.

In addition, although I prefer to do all my mapping in Boom Compatible format, I still don't know how to add textures to a wad and get it to run in prBoom. I'm embarrassed to make a thread asking how to correctly do it because the same question has been asked so many times and even with searching the forums for people who have the same problem as me I still haven't found out the correct way to do it.

I'm an Oblige junkie and have ended up playing generated megawads longer than some of the games installed on my hard drive.

I'm actually an experimental dinosaur created by the nefarious Tflitgizons of planet Marzqig. They are a highly evolved, evil, scientific race of creatures with extremely advanced technology. They beamed me from earth in the late cretaceous period and performed a surgery on me, altering my body into a half-dinosaur, half-tflitgizon, half-fish, but not half-assed (I got the whole thing) cyborg menace, programmed with the intent to learn. But I malfunctioned and built my own weapons system and single-handedly eradicated the peaceful race of Kherbu under the orders of the Tflitgizon leader, Urguzak, during a time of war. Urguzak had told us that the Kherbu were the root cause of our problems so we killed them all. However, he was killed in his throne by soldiers from the Woo'Haadu race, who were ironically enough trying to kill the Kherbu but the Woo'Haadu are primitive and have poor vision, but possess massive physical strength and size and hate the Tflitgizon quite a bit. But then, after the war, I was called upon the Council of Splohosh to receive my punishment for committing a genocide. It was determined that I should be sent back to earth to wreak havoc on the dinosaurs that were there so they could video tape it and have a few cheap laughs at the expense of another planet. Well, they miscalculated the trajectory and I slammed into earth 65 million years ago. I stepped out of my preservation chamber to realize that what was left of the pod around me had been completely vaporized. In fact, what little of the ship was left was my preservation chamber and a cabinet filled with strange intoxicating substances. I looked around the landscape: I was in the middle of a very large, very hot crater. All of existence seemed to be shrouded in thick, black smoke. I quickly ignited my highly advanced jet-engine butthole and flew out as far I could. I saw that the earth was not yet covered in this smoke, but a large portion was. Then, the angiosperm came. All dinosaurs started suddenly dying without warning. Then everything died. Then eventually, things came back to life, only looking different and less dinosaur-like. Then I was dormant. My battery had run low, and I needed to recharge. I set the charger for 4 mawjyks, but it stayed on for 5. Then I was woken up to see that the earth was now mostly encrusted with ice and there were humans wandering about, the first forms of life I had seen that built devices to utilize in everyday life, with nests that were constructed very carefully and sometimes communally built, which was unlike any species up to that point. I decided that I would change my body form into that of a human. Fast forward a couple years: I met Jesus in person. He was playing basketball with some lepers and he kindly cured the lepers of their disease after he dominated them. He was a pretty nice person, he even put a lepers arm back on and we got a bunch of animals smashed one night after he turned the water troth into absinthe. We had a fun couple of nights turning water into absinthe and getting smashed, but he said he needed to stop because there were more people to be helped and it was much more difficult helping people when obliterated. That, and the people seemed to party too hard if Jesus was drinking with them. So Jesus decided that he would make it so if you drank too much you would throw up, so that way people could learn their lesson to not get too drunk. Then, fast forward a couple years. It is 2009. I am typing a story on the doomworld confessions thread in doomworld. I have been avoiding homework and procrastinating. I have been trying to remember what kind of crazy confession that I was going to say that was actually funny and only 1 short sentence, but I forgot what it was so I typed up some story instead. I have been very bored... and judging by this post, you would say not very busy, but it's quite the contrary.

Not even the first sentence?

I'm looking at your post, Technician. I'm eyeballing it. It looks good. I'm constantly reading it.
<-----

@Butts - I see what you did there.

I guess I should really admit to some crimes.

I'm am using both unregistered and downloaded media. Including software and music. There, I said it!

My confession to this confessional thread filled with confessions in a forum of unorthodox confessors I admit that I suck at confessing in a thread of useless confessions. :D

Phoebus has hired me as an agent provocateur.

<clarification - when I say "hired" I mean "offered a discounted subscription rate">

Mithral_Demon said:

My confession to this confessional thread filled with confessions in a forum of unorthodox confessors I admit that I suck at confessing in a thread of useless confessions. :D

What the hell kind of fish is that.