Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Blasphemy is now illegal. (in Ireland)

Maes said:
In one of the many suks/bazaars, there was a short, black beduin guy that harassed him continuously by grabbing his ass in public. Repeatedly.

You can't blame the damn Bedouin, he must have been aware of a certain meaning of Greek.

myk said:

You can't blame the damn Bedouin, he must have been aware of a certain meaning of Greek.

If it wasn't for the fact that my father's colleague was Italian, and North Italian at that.

Kagemaru_H said:

There's also Satanism, which from what I can tell, has far more respect for "outsiders" than Christianity. Christians try to force their religion on people; Satanism is underground and doesn't give a fuck about what people do as long as it's not hurting the religion.

You can't really hurt a religion that emphasizes personal will and freedom above everything else.

Satanism is typically an Atheistic form of Humanistic Existentialism masquerading as spirituality.

Theistic Satanism is usually flawed because they worship an inferior creation of the creator. If he was superior he would've succeeded in taking the throne of god and we would all worship him. <-- LOL CONSPIRACY!

Then there's the gnostic notions of Lucifer falling to earth bringing light to the world. Hence Lucifer meaning Latin for "Light Bringer". Enlightened men can become gods etc. <-- LOL CONSPIRACY!

Theistic Satanism outside of the Republik of Christfagia is a little more logical in respect to drawing their lineage of their Deity to something which predates Christianity. Such as Egypt's Set for example.

POTGIESSER said:

Such as Egypt's Set for example.

And note that even in the Temple of Set, literal belief in Set as a divine entity is not required to attain membership or even higher ranks. It's more of a school of philosophy and black magic than what most people think of as a religion.

Maes said:
If it wasn't for the fact that my father's colleague was Italian, and North Italian at that.

Or the fact that I wasn't being very serious. But the thing is, we weren't discussing that Muslims can be sexist or prejudiced. Rather, why they are often not as advanced or liberal as westerners. Whether it's caused mainly by their creed or by circumstance. Anecdotes, or even statistics, don't specifically answer that.

Besides, taking your father's anecdote more seriously, back in the '70s our sexual revolution was relatively ripe, and even in the west you could get harsh reactions for using long hair in various places. Hell, it was clear to me that one of my grandfathers himself thought long hair belonged only to girls, and I've seen cases where one man will call another a fag for wearing shorts. And as for the street officer; we all know these aren't the epitome of liberality, to begin with.