Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

Amusement parks, rides and midways.

Does anyone enjoy amusement parks or midways? There is currently a midway in our city that I am excited to go to with friends soon.

So, despite everything, do you enjoy roller coasters or going to amusement parks? I myself love it, especially at night with all the ride lights on, and hanging out with friends.

Only been to one major park, and that was Cedar Point. It was a lot of fun. And I'll also be going to Darien Lake up in Buffalo, New York next month.

Hell yes. I love rollercoasters. Most recent I went on were several in Las Vegas ("Speed the Ride" at Sahara is damned fast - and it runs backwards too). The rides (though not rollercoasters) at the top of Stratosphere are pretty amazing too, given the fact that you're about 1000 feet about ground level. It was 110+ Fahrenheit when I was there, which added a certain something too.

Before that, I was at Valleyfair in Minnesota (also on a scorching hot day). Nice selection of rollercoasters there too, the fastest being Wild Thing. Very smooth for a 74 mph rollercoaster. The rollercoasters at the Mall of America are not bad either, especially given that they are indoor. If you're passing through MSP airport and have a few hours before a connection, it's worth a visit.

If you're into this stuff, then rcdb.com is a site you need to know about.

I was scared of em when i was a kid because they were so loud. Now I can't get enough of em.

Grew up not far from Cedar Point and Kings Island so I've been to both frequently. Cedar Point was always tops in rollercoasters. As teens we would pile into a car and go to Kings Island to ride The Beast all day back when it was first built. Been awhile since I've been to either. Can't get a friggin' beer anywhere anymore. But I can still get Italian Sausage Deluxe and Dumbo Ears so maybe I should plan a trip with the wife. Not much into rollercoasters anymore, though. My aging body has taken enough abuse for one lifetime. Kings Island might be the better choice to hang out and relax. Watch scantily clad women walk by while I'm sittin' there with a big Luigi Hat on that I won or sumthin'. "I was lookin' at her shoes, honey!"

Amusement parks rule. Six Flags Magic Mountain out in Cali. is probably the best one I've been to. It has probably my 2 favorite roller coasters of all time. Six Flags St. Louis is kinda lame, but The Boss fucking owns. I'm just sick of that company jacking prices constantly.

Cedar Point also has some good stuff. I think Sea World Orlando had a surprisingly awesome roller coaster called Kraken. That was 10 years ago though. My amusement park attendance has dropped significantly... I've got to get back to doing that.

Snakes said:

Six Flags Magic Mountain out in Cali. is probably the best one I've been to.

Same here. I really liked the Ninja.

I'm not a huge fan of the carny-built rides, but a good theme park is always fun. TBQH, the only ones I've been to are Enchanted Village near Seattle (which is owned by Six Flags these days), Silverwood out in Idaho, and of course Disneyland. Silverwood actually had the best roller coasters of the three, and it boasts the country's fastest wooden one. I'm not a huge fan of midway games because by now I've figured out that they're all rigged and how they're rigged.