Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoOmEr4LiFe

FIFA World Cup 2010

The football world cup starts on June 11th and ends on July 11th 2010.
First game of the USA: 12th June: USA vs. England, stay tuned! My game will start on June 13th.

Here are more information. My favorite song of the world cup is the song by Shakira :-P (even if the beginning is bad)!
For which team you will stand for?

[
Here are the doomworld threads of the FIFA World Cup 2006 and the FIFA World Cup 2002.
]

I wish it was hosted someplace other than South Africa. I've been watching some of the friendlies and the lack of stadium lighting is very apparent. I can't even see half the players due to glare. There's also those damn vuvuzelas. Normally in a soccer game you can tell what's happening just by the sound of the crowd. In South Africa all you get is BZZZZZZZZ the whole game.

Deeforce said:

First game of the USA: 12th June: USA vs. England

Funny - I'm getting married to an American that very day. Fortunately, neither of us gives a damn about soccer.

Deeforce said:

For which team you will stand for?

I'm an American, so it would be nice to see the US do decent in it so the sport can continue to grow. That said, I like to see underdogs do well so I'm kind of pulling for New Zealand and Slovenia. I'm also looking forward to Serbia playing for the first time in the World Cup as its own entity. After the Vancouver Olympics and seeing the Slovak team do better than expected I am also rooting for Slovakia. Last but not least, I am a fan of Japan and South Korea so I am hoping they do good too. I just love the World Cup!

England will fail because they pick players based on previous squad defaults instead of how good they are at present. Eg:

Forwards who can't score and who were dropped by their club for the close season because of it.
Crocked midfielders who might recover in time for the later group matches.
Keepers who let in more goals than any other top-flight club.

Although if we're lucky we might reach the quarter-finals and get dumped out by a team who shouldn't even be there. (beaten by corruption that happened before the tournament even began...what's it all coming to)

Yeah. What's up with England? They have some powerful club teams but not the national team as much.

Grazza said:

Funny - I'm getting married to an American that very day. Fortunately, neither of us gives a damn about soccer.

Congratulations!

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

I am a fan of Japan

Considering how Japan lost its friendly against England(Japan scored on itself twice), I don't think they'll get very far.

Deeforce said:

which team you will stand for?

E-A-G-L-E-S

Eagles!!

oh wait.

I'm not interested in the world cup so much, as I know England never get anywhere, and even if we do, it'll just mean hooliganism. I reckon we'll beat the US and our group overall... just don't see it going much further than that.

With the USA in the football World Cup, they will finally be playing in a kind of World Series that actually involves the rest of the world :P

Ignore my smack talk, I'm trying to unsettle the Americans before England thrashes them 2-0 at the weekend!

WTF is going on with Lampard taking penalties - he has always been crap at striking for the England team. Why not let Rooney or Crouch take the penalties, since they both have awesome strike rates relative to their time on the pitch compared to Lampard?

Also I heard Lampard is still going to be asked to take future penalties.

So my money is on Spain winning the World Cup.

after the miserable, shameful performance of czechs in the qualification (like poland, hay belial!), i'm going to root for netherlands. they don't get as much media coverage, but their team is stacked and i like their offfensive 3 strikers tactic.

dew said:

anyways. after the miserable, shameful performance of czechs in the qualification (like poland, hay belial!), i'm going to root for netherlands. they don't get as much media coverage, but their team is stacked and i like their offfensive 3 strikers tactic.

I haven't followed international football for years...but don't you guys still have the best goalie in the world and decent strikers like Rosicky?

I can't wait for the World Cup! England are good enough to get to the semis. They have a winnable group and their most likely path would involve beating the Aussies and the French.

Brazil, Argentina, Holland and Spain all have arguably better squads but Spain and Holland are notorious bottlers and Argentina are waiting to implode under Maradona.

As difficult as I find it to defend the common arguments against the entertainment value of football I can't get enough of it! I honestly prefer the rarity of goals in comparisment to baskets, tries or runs. It adds to their value.

Looks unlikely to me. South Korea winning their group, New Zealand and Hondurus even qualifying and Serbia making the final. Maybe they should check their calculations again!

Ready for the world cup I am! Now I have these great toys, you better get your ass off the sofa and buy stuff too :-P: (ATTN: in the shop you will find it way cheaper than online in the internet)

my car flag and this should be your car flag

fanfare playing toy stick (I don't know what's the official name for it :-P)---> the switch for the fanfare playing toy stick

toy trumpet from 2010

toy trumpet from 2006

[double post, because it doesn't fit to my last post!]

South Africa played draw. Who would have thought of that :-P? [1:1 South Africa vs. Mexico]

Deeforce said:

[double post, because it doesn't fit to my last post!]

South Africa played draw. Who would have thought of that :-P? [1:1 South Africa vs. Mexico]

And so has France v. Uruguay [0:0]. Such a mundane way to start, unfortunately, although I am looking forward to the Argentina game tomorrow

fraggle said:

Video

Oh my god my sides hurt. The video this guy responded to is pretty much the most "lol americans suck" vid I've seen yet.

Deeforce said:

will be released in fall 2010

Deeforce you really are the king of reading and writing comprehension. It says on the video April 27 2010, meaning it has been out for over a month.

Hellbent said:

Did anyone watch the England USA game today? Big fumble on England's part.

Yeah I watched the whole thing. I was expecting more from both teams considering the hype. America fell apart in the second half, except for their goal keeper who did a great job given how many shots England had.

jeez, you forgot to take your meds, mr. osborn. eng-usa was actually quite an interesting match and proved the yank performance on the confederations cup wasn't a fluke. korea-greece was far worse, because only one side seemed interested in winning.

failed ninja edit: the one thing that fills me with rage is the fucking buzzing sound of the fucking vuvuzelas. this sums it up. it's annoying even coming from tv, i don't want to imagine how bad it must be on the stadium.

Fuck's sake, the curse of England's bad luck strikes again.

The USA team is good, a lot better than not too long ago, but they shouldn't have held England to a draw. I'm sorry, the USA have good players and a very good goalie but come on... this should have been 2 or 3 nil to England! If we can't beat the USA, how the hell are we going to beat Brazil and Argentina?

This match now is bad for me, because I don't know anything about Algeria and Slovenia. And to the USA vs. England game: England could win the world cup, because they played excellent for 10 minutes and more and everyone talks about England. To the USA: they were lucky and they should find americans, who can play better football.

MajorRawne said:

If we can't beat the USA, how the hell are we going to beat Brazil and Argentina?

Don't worry, we'll be out of the tournament long before we reach them.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Don't worry, we'll be out of the tournament long before we reach them.

Maybe this or England will become world cup winner, we cannot say whether they will win, but of course we stay tuned! :-)