Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

NASA Releases Moonbase Alpha on Steam for Free

If you have Steam installed its worth a look: http://store.steampowered.com/app/39000/

I just found out about this, and am waiting for it to finish downloading. I'll tell you guys what I think. Altough the Sys Req are low, for some reason the game requires 3 GB of RAM and is recommended 4 GB, so if you have an older rig no guarantees.

Avery

But can you be kill by demons?

ANYWAYS besides the Moon Demons, the game is decent. The only thing thats retarded is that it uses the Unreal 3 engine which I found to be unnecessary, I had to run it at low graphics settings even though I surpass the requirements by quite a bit.

Basically, you and up to 6 other players have to repair a set of objectives that randomly change every match, in the way you have to repair them, that is. There is also a freeplay singleplayer mode.

You can control rovers and drives vehicles as well, the game moves along quickly due to the time limit, and surprisingly every server I joined people worked cooperatively quite well. There is a leaderboard as well. Its worth a shot I'd say, I've played it two hours non-stop so far. I'm actually uploading gameplay to YouTube and I'll post it soon.

EDIT: My gameplay video is up:

Just played it. Pretty good for a free game. As Avery already said though, bad engine choice. In 1024x768 I average 13FPS, when I exceed the recommended requirements.

But I just spent $30 on new Steam games, I don't have the- Oh wait, this is free? *downloads*