Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer2

Custom title thread

HackNeyed said:

My custom title "Member" is either a reference to my ePenis or it must be the forum's subtle way calling me a dick which I think is very rude either way.

I was waiting for someone to make a penis joke. For a little bit I was beginning to think we were some classy guys here. Won't get fooled again.

I kinda wish I had a custom title, but firstly, I havn't been here long enough; Secondly, I havn't done anything that worthwhile to recieve a title, and thirdly, I promised my imaginary girlfriend (Her name is Fred) I would try not to get one. And fourthly, Out of all the forums I attend (Twenty maybe?) I vist this one leastly.

Krispavera said:

Will it change when you reach senior member? :)

Perhaps, I used to be Soldat vert.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Reading over this thread kind of makes me wish I had my old "Asshole" title back from when Ling dished out that title to everyone in a thread that was making fun of some total jackass that got banned or something.

Good times.

Butts said:

My title came from Doomworld.

Me too! I think we are both awesome.

Grazza said:

Yes, though that doesn't appear to be done via the custom title. Incidentally, his full custom title (at least as copy/pasted from the mod control panel) is as follows:

Does anyone know how the uhhh is done? The first time I refreshed the page while looking at one of his posts I nearly jumped out of my seat.

Oh and...

Spoiler

Everyone with a custom title pays $10.00 a month. I'm just broke right now.

Looking at my registered date and my frequency on these forums, the title I have shall suffice...for now.

Prince of Darkness said:

I wish I had a custom title :(

I'm sure if you kept bothering a moderator you would get one eventually ;)

dutch devil said:

I'm sure if you kept bothering a moderator you would get one eventually ;)

Trust me, this works. It just won't necessarily be the one you wanted.

I actually asked Myk if he could set my title to "uses italics" immediately before I got this one. It wasn't Myk who set my title to this, though. Anyways, my current title is largely self-explanatory; I used to throw myself into every argument on this forum, and would write immense defenses of the losing side. I did this partly as an exercise, and partly because I genuinely felt that it was important that people be forced to reconsider their beliefs, no matter what they were. I don't do this much anymore. I'm too lazy to exercise, and I've grown out the stage of life in which things feel important. However, I still take pride in my reputation as Doomworld's resident "utahraptor," thus the avatar.

Creaphis said:

Doomworld's resident "utahraptor"

What is the meaning of this?

Nomad said:

What is the meaning of this?

http://www.qwantz.com/index.php

DuckReconMajor: here come myk and the edit police now! *skitters off*

DuckReconMajor: ah man i'm gonna miss ya, oh well see ya later, but last time i said that she went offline for 2 years and i still haven't gotten to talk to her again ;( im so lonely

DuckReconMajor: look @ mah fancee signature

DuckReconMajor: yeah, it would be nice to use all this time to make a kick-ass doom mod, but i'm far too lazy

DuckReconMajor: I know what you mean, they're so cool in my head

DuckReconMajor: aww, i gotta go, see ya XD

I got my custom title back when I was an even bigger idiot than Chris Wright. I'd constantly make an ass of myself and was pretty close to getting losered at a few points.

Now I'm slightly less of an idiot.

stewboy said:

Cue darkreaver getting custom title 'I'm a poser'.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Some of the admins have developed a partial immunity to reverse psychology - try harder. ;-)

I'll admit it, I've tried the reverse psychology thing before. But I've really never seen anyone get a title this way. It just doesn't happen.

And honestly, I don't want to get a title this way. Title-themed titles are so meta.

Honestly, has anyone here, ever, ever got a custom title from an admin by asking for it?

Seems to me that the absolute least likely way to get a custom title is to ask directly for it. (which includes unsubtle, reverse-psychology, "I'm not asking for a custom title" type requests)

Seems half the fun of having a custom title is you never know when it is coming, or to whom. I kinda like my custom title now, even though I got it for being a total nubtard when I started out here. I mean, not everyone has their custom title written out in big bold lettering like I do..

*sigh*

I deserve a custom title for my countless and magnanimous contributions to the Doom community.

Kyka said:

I mean, not everyone has their custom title written out in big bold lettering like I do..

*sigh*

At least your title doesn't push your posts off the screen.

Yeah, I should be grateful I guess. My custom title could be a lot worse.

That thing with the posts being pushed off screen was actually pretty funny while it lasted.