Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bgraybr

Hexen: Edge of Chaos

I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of this- its a mod for Doom 3 that attempts to recreate Hexen. Link -> http://www.hexenmod.com/ Its already been in progress for about four years or something like that, but the screenshots look fantastic, and it looks like its still being actively worked on. According to the recent news, the mod is getting pretty close to a release.

P.S. I absolutely love the look of this game, it looks artistic instead of trying to be "realistic" or whatever like most newer games.

bgraybr said:

According to the recent news, the mod is getting pretty close to a release.

Unfortunately we've been hearing that for about three years >_>

It looks cool. It's probably the most impressive thing I've seen with that engine. But why did you link to the forums instead of the main website?

This would make me actually install Doom 3. I've been anticipating it for a while.

Still, Black Mesa Source still has my heart for potential best mod ever created that hasn't come out yet. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa they need to release it already. yes I realize it has nothing to do with Doom 3, but fuck you I'm excited

Nomad said:

yes I realize it has nothing to do with Doom 3, ...

Which is a big plus imho.

I was a bit disappointed to notice that the game remakes Hexen with some weapons and monsters, instead of looking like, well, Hexen 3. Still, it's based on Doom 3, which is one great game.

Quasar said:

Unfortunately we've been hearing that for about three years >_>

Apparently, this time it's different. Very different :)
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say and what I'm not supposed to say, but I can say it'd be a bad time to lose faith in them :P