Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Six

Your "Whatever" Collection

I bought all of these (and a turntable, receiver, and speakers) during the 6 months I had a decent amount of money. 31 here, I think. There are also 2 crates of other albums that I inherited from my parents... 1/3 of which are actually good music. When I get back to even, this will expand.

Snakes said:

I bought all of these (and a turntable, receiver, and speakers) during the 6 months I had a decent amount of money. 31 here, I think. There are also 2 crates of other albums that I inherited from my parents... 1/3 of which are actually good music. When I get back to even, this will expand.

There's some great picks in there. Thick as a Brick is especially good... IF you have a copy with an intact newspaper. My copy sans newspaper? $2. My copy with one in perfect condition? $30.

Shaikoten said:

There's some great picks in there. Thick as a Brick is especially good... IF you have a copy with an intact newspaper. My copy sans newspaper? $2. My copy with one in perfect condition? $30.

I have the full newspaper, absolutely. It was the only way I really wanted it. The copy I have is actually a bit bizarre, as it has a flap that folds out on the bottom as well, which makes it the 'official' size of a newspaper. Got it a used vinyl shop in town for $5 and the vinyl sounds pretty damn good, too.

He closed the store down three months ago. I miss that place so so much.

Snakes said:

I have the full newspaper, absolutely. It was the only way I really wanted it. The copy I have is actually a bit bizarre, as it has a flap that folds out on the bottom as well, which makes it the 'official' size of a newspaper. Got it a used vinyl shop in town for $5 and the vinyl sounds pretty damn good, too.

He closed the store down three months ago. I miss that place so so much.

My copy has the bottom flap too, it may have been standard, but I'm not sure. Depending on where you live, Flea Markets can be very fun for record hunting. They aren't as easy as dedicated record shops, and they take a lot of time of sifting through funny-smelling garbage, but it can be an extremely rewarding experience, and generally the records are much cheaper. I would also suggest checking out craigslist. One time I found this amazing estate sale of a dead, elderly audiophile who loved classical and had several library walls fitted with custom shelves absolutely filled with vinyl, reels, and even SACDs I believe. Anyways, since I live in a rather uneducated, hickish area, no one had any use for these records and I was able to purchase them at 50 cents per record. I asked the guy if that meant "per box set." He said yes. Long story short, I was paying 50 cents per 10 LP Wagner operas, with detailed handwritten notes on the inside of the box by the dedicated music fan who owned them.

That day I limited myself to $20, as much for reasons of space as for saving money. I ended up with a lot more than 100 LPs for that cost, all in amazing, perfect condition.

Interesting read so far, nice stuff!

I'll go ahead add the remainder of my collection. I'm still in the middle of obtaining other consoles and games, but when the day comes i'll post newer photos. In the meantime...

I've rearranged a shelf in my cabinet due to the recent purchase of a Sega Nomad (to those who aren't familiar, it's essentially a portable Sega Genesis/Mega Drive console), the rather large hand held is actually quite astounding, considering its capabilities on release back in 1995. It was able to use TV out technology, so you can play it on a television using S-Video. Also it has the feature to support a second controller, so you can play 2 player on just the one Nomad. Obviously you don't get this feature now with modern hand helds due to wi-fi and what have you, but still even so, some of today's hand helds (like the Dingoo for example) lack two player support all together. The Nomad was only released in America making it a rarity, and an expensive one at that, but at least i can finally say i own one.

The Nomad with its older sister:

Here's my other display housing my NES with Zapper and Advantage control pad. Also including my original Mega Drive:

Last but not least(?), my PC/Mega drive/Game Gear games, with factory sealed Mnemic CD's. I'm getting another glass cabinet soon, so those cartridges will eventually move:

I really need to get hold of the big box Doom's, but it'll have to wait until next payday. Anyway! That's it from me at the moment, will probably give the update in a couple weeks.

Aye, this is true. I use the power adaptor myself, even though this does render the 'portable' aspect of the hand held pointless, but the same can be said for the Game Gear. Although, you can actually put batteries in the Game Gear, for the Nomad you needed an external battery pack, either a rechargeable or interchangeable one. Battery life is roughly 2 hours with 6 AA's. Battery life is even less with the rechargeable pack.

Sega Nomad

Lol, that thing's HUGE! Did they not just stop halfway through development and think "what the HELL are we doing?".

But who remembers the Mega Jet (Megadrive-based console for airliners... was it British Airways seeing as they didn't call it "Genesis Jet" or something? Or what other countries was it called Megadrive in?) or the Mega PC, which if i remember rightly (and i probably don't) was actually an Amiga with a megadrive cartridge slot next to the disc drive... all the fun of playing Megadrive games with a keyboard years before emulators!

Oh GOOOOOOOOOD, I remember those things. We had one and it was so much fun, but yeah, the battery life was crap and it was basically always tethered to the AC, but man was it awesome to carry around Genesis games with you.

Finland? Do you get Kokwanitsjiys... or however the hell you spell it?

It reprints British Commando comics, but seems to put more than one issue in an issue (there was a short series of 2/3 connected stories all starting with "Sense of-" a while back which seem to have all been in one issue of Kokwansfashiontips. It'd be interesting to compare the sizes of them.

Yes, that. Knew it was something like that... haha.

Is Tankiitiikeri supposed to be "Tank" or the sound effect of the gun firing? heh

After starting the topic, i realised i never actually made a text based list of my collection as i originally intended, so i guess i'll do that now, just for those with general interest.

The list as follows:

Consoles
-Sega Mega Drive
-Sega Mega Drive II
-Sega Game Gear x2
-Sega Nomad
-NES
-SNES
-Dingoo (hand held emulator)

Games

Sega Mega Drive/Genesis/Nomad (unsorted):

-Sonic The Hedgehog x3
    -Sonic 2 x3
    -Sonic 3
    -Sonic & Knuckles
    -Sonic 3D
    -Prince of Persia
    -Strider
    -Streets of Rage
    -Streets of Rage II
    -Judge Dredd
    -Comix Zone
    -Alien 3 x3
    -Mortal Kombat
    -Micro Machines 2
    -Greendog
    -Bubsy
    -Altered Beast x2
    -Predator 2
    -Aladdin
    -Zero Tolerance
    -Mighty Max
    -Golden Axe 2
    -Ariel in The Little Mermaid (lol)
    -Fatal Fury x2
    -Road Rash
    -Road Rash 2
    -Mega Games 1 x2
    -California Games
    -Zombies
    -Taz-mania
    -Cyborg Justice
    -ESWAT City Under Siege
    -Dick Tracy
    -G-Loc Air Battle
    -The Revenge of Shinobi x2
    -Columns
    -Captain America And the Avengers
    -Decap Attack
    -Indiana Jones And the Last Crusade
    -Dynamite Headdy
    -Super Monaco GP
    -Sega Soccer
    -Super Thunder Black
    -Desert Strike
    -Jungle Strike
    -Sword of Vermilion
    -Syndicate
    -EA Sports Double Header
    -PGA Tour Golf
    -Power Monger
    -Fifa 96 Soccer
    -Fatal Rewind
    -Populous
    -Fifa 95 Soccer
    -Universal Soldier
    -Skitchin
    -PGA European Tour
Sega Master System:
    -Alien 3
    -Sonic 2
    -Bart Vs. The Space Mutants
    -Olympic Gold
Sega Game Gear:
    -Sonic The Hedgehog
    -Sonic 2
    -Sonic Chaos
    -Prince of Persia
    -Global Gladiators
    -The Lucky Dime Caper featuring Donald Duck
    -Mickey Mouse in Castle of Illusion
    -Mickey Mouse in Land of Illusion
    -Bart Vs. The Space Mutants
    -World Class Leader Board
    -Mortal Kombat
    -Streets of Rage x2
    -Ultimate Soccer
    -Game Pack 4in1
    -Krusty's Fun House
    -NBA Jam
NES:
    -Duck Tales
    -Robo Cop
    -Rad Gravity
    -Castlevania II - Simon's Quest
    -Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
    -Joe & Mac: Cavemen Ninja
    -Marble Madness
    -Snake Rattle n Roll
    -Silent Service
    -Mario Bros/Duck hunt
    -Burai Fighter
    -Track And Field II
SNES:
    -Doom
    -Prince of Persia
    -Super Mario All Stars with Super Mario World
    -Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    -Zelda: A Link To The Past
    -Starwing
GBA:
    -Doom
    -Finding Nemo
    -Sonic Advance 3
    -Super Mario 3
    -Sabrina (was my sisters, don't even know why i have it)
    -Serious Sam
    -Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
Dingoo
    -Everything above.
Console Accessories

Sega Game Gear:
    -Gear Master - Master system adaptor
    -TV Tuner
    -Logic 3 Carry Case
NES:
    -Zapper gun
    -Advantage control pad
Sega Mega Drive:
    -Official carry case
Pretty much that for the classics. I won't list my modern collection, or you'll be scrolling forever.