Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fatal error

Where can I find Zdoom 2.0.60 ?

Every now and again I play through Massmouth 2 because it's fun, but always get stuck at the texas linguine foundation. I've looked for ways to progress but can find none. It's almost as if I've reached a bug preventing me to progress. I've heard rumors here and there that massmouth 2 was designed for Zdoom 2.0.60 and newer versions of zdoom and gzdoom can cause errors or things to not work right. If this is so, then where can I find Zdoom 2.0.60?

Where are you stuck at? I know you have to find a bounce pad or something similarly silly to get in. At least, I think I know. Not sure if I know I know, you know.

It's the slopes in the 'worm' building that are broken in newer versions of g/zdoom. You can clip past it on this level, but a later level makes it impossible to get past.

chopkinsca said:

It's the slopes in the 'worm' building that are broken in newer versions of g/zdoom. You can clip past it on this level, but a later level makes it impossible to get past.

Thats what stops me. Also if I cheat past that level and go to the one with rex I can't get rex into the "safe area" because theres a huge wall in the way and it can't be opened. I opened that map in doombuilder and the wall is created by some thing with a slope effect. Removing the thing allows me to progress.

fatal error said:
Every now and again I play through Massmouth 2 because it's fun, but always get stuck at the texas linguine foundation. I've looked for ways to progress but can find none. It's almost as if I've reached a bug preventing me to progress. I've heard rumors here and there that massmouth 2 was designed for Zdoom 2.0.60 and newer versions of zdoom and gzdoom can cause errors or things to not work right. If this is so, then where can I find Zdoom 2.0.60?

Have you tried the compatibility settings? Start the game with the WAD loaded, go to options and compatibility options, and select ZDoom 2.0.63 at the top by using the right arrow key. You can also enable it by typing compatmode 4 in the console. After you play, restore Default or compatmode 0.

If it's still broken with that setting, you're in your right to file a bug report.

No reason to download obsolete junk that may be partially incompatible with your current INI file (its contents have changed between versions.)

myk said:

Have you tried the compatibility settings? Start the game with the WAD loaded, go to options and compatibility options, and select ZDoom 2.0.63 at the top by using the right arrow key. You can also enable it by typing compatmode 4 in the console. After you play, restore Default or compatmode 0.

If it's still broken with that setting, you're in your right to file a bug report.

No reason to download obsolete junk that may be partially incompatible with your current INI file (its contents have changed between versions.)

Hmm that sounds much easier then finding an old zdoom, thanks :D

myk said:

The slope stuff cannot be set by compatibility options in the menu. If MM2 really has problems with it it needs to be handled in ZDoom's internal compatibility.txt.

Again I have to question some people who know about this why they don't bother to file a bug report at the ZDoom forums. These things can't be taken care of if the developers do not know about them!

Should be fixed in next ZDoom version.

Graf Zahl said:

The slope stuff cannot be set by compatibility options in the menu. If MM2 really has problems with it it needs to be handled in ZDoom's internal compatibility.txt.

Again I have to question some people who know about this why they don't bother to file a bug report at the ZDoom forums. These things can't be taken care of if the developers do not know about them!

Should be fixed in next ZDoom version.

He's right. I still can't get in the big worm.