Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Swiftpoint mouse

DuckReconMajor said:

See if your Mexican version has a Benefits page.

Lol now THAT'S a selling point...if it's indeed so much better than a touchpad (not that it takes much).

Then again, if I had the necessary comfort to play Doom, I'd also have a full-fledged mouse with me.

Okay it arrived yesterday. After adjusting to it (it is kinda awkward at first), this is a great mouse so far. It works well just on my palmrest, as well as on a table. Just played through E1 on HuMP (which is difficult for me unless I take my time). I know they say it's not meant to be a desktop replacement but I can't get back into using my MX518 (which I still think is the best mouse in the world, just not for me anymore). I don't feel like I've lost anything, though, except for a middle click and back/forward buttons. I can live without those.

"If you can use a pen... you can use the Swiftpoint."

DAMMIT.

Enjay said:

The lack of left-handed gaming mice makes me sad. :(

I'm as left-handed as people can get. I can't imagine what a "left-handed mouse" would look like, or fathom wanting to use a mouse with my left hand.

Also: trackball master race reporting in.

Bucket said:

I'm as left-handed as people can get. I can't imagine what a "left-handed mouse" would look like,

Just like all those curved right-hand mice but mirrored for the left. Or even a good range of symmetrical mice (The MS Sidewinder X3 isn't bad and Razer make nice symmetrical mice too - though I find their low profile shape hurts my hand after a while).

Bucket said:

or fathom wanting to use a mouse with my left hand.

I can (and do) use a mouse right handed at work simply because it's easier than shifting everything around when I log on. However, at home, I use a left handed setup and it makes a significant difference to my accuracy with my computer. Graphics programs and gaming probably benefit the most. Years ago I realised "hang on, I write with my left hand, why not try my mouse in my left hand". I did that and my accuracy instantly improved. Then (when it started to become possible) I also reconfigured the buttons to reverse the left and right clicks and that made almost as much difference as swapping hands had done.

DuckReconMajor said:

I don't see the problem with small mice. I can't fit a normal sized mouse in my laptop case.

How small is that case? I mean, mine can hold the laptop, a normal mouse, the power supply, a pair of studio headphones, and a couple odds and ends like my phone and some pencils, and it itself certainly isn't large.

The mouse you wish you had.

Doesn't belong to me unfortunately. Just a jpg I came across, oddly enough while doing a search for "Doom" and "custom" and "monster" and "sprites".

Go figure.